I'm looking for an old platform game!

LilySongbird

Hey guys! This is my first post so I don't know if I should put this on this tag, please tell me!

Like you can read on the title, I'm looking for a very old platform game. I remember only a few things. 
The game's about a monster (like a little one) who lost his family or was kidnapped, and he had to look for them. You needed to use the arrow keys to play, and the monster was yellow, I think. With a big nose. The music it's very strange, like farts. You had to take care of green bottles full of potion, 'cause if you let the bottle fall next to you it hurts you. There was also hearts you could pick, and the scenario looked like pipelines, tubes, rocks etc. 

I'm leaving a drawing here. I know I can't draw. 

20181006_163252.jpg.b7a36f3a33ba34b3e5c715b16ab21742.jpg

I'm serious! It was a very fun game :(

Have a good day :D🦕

• Like 1

Was this console (and which console if you remember) or PC? And do you remember how long ago this was? I admit my first thought was that it was a Yoshi game but I don't recall him wearing clothes...or green potions...

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

Was this console (and which console if you remember) or PC? And do you remember how long ago this was? I admit my first thought was that it was a Yoshi game but I don't recall him wearing clothes...or green potions...

It was for PC. And I think it was a CD-ROOM.

Maybe it's an unrecognised company or it could be from Konami. I really don't know. 

I played it a long time ago. It was in 2004 or 2006. When cd-rooms were the best. 

Can't say I have heard of this, but it sounds like something that may have a DS title. I say that just because a lot of  those earlier yet so called late platform games got released on Nintendo DS around 06-08. It may be worth searching through lists of DS games as well as PC to find the title you are looking for.

I did do a search with the descriptions you provided. The two titles that seemed to come up most were a game called The Suffering. This is a FPS, but dose have some platform elements in it. The other was a game called Monster Rancher which seems not to fit the description nearly as well, but seems like a decent game though.

You may also wish to tyr looking on the steam store as a lot of older games have been re-released on thre even a good amount of early 2000s platformers.

• XII360 pinned and unpinned this topic