Japanese dramas

ssjup81

Hi everyone. I know it's been a while, but decided to make this topic. So has anyone here ever watched any live-action dramas? If so, what have you seen? Let's discuss it. ^_^

Edited by ssjup81
  • Like 1

I have watched a few though I do admit I tend to gravitate more to anime in terms of Japanese shows, or JRPGs. With that said I have taken the time to sit down with a couple. 2 that come to mind are 600lb beauty, and Little Lovers. They were good ones, and i am open minded on my shows that I watch with very few exceptions so I am sure I will find more.

I have no idea if these are Japanese or not, but the Asian dramas that I have enjoyed are Painted Skin (good action, great easy to follow story, good romance my favorite for romance), Assasin (did not finish it but it was alright), Mojin the Lost Legend (slightly problematic to follow in some places but serious at times, humorous at times, and quite enjoyable...my favorite for fun), and Chronicles of the Ghostly Tribe (interesting but the title is entirely misleading and at the same time not. My husband and I were both stunned at the plot twist). Will add more details tomorrow. Good night folks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 10:36 PM, Beocat said:

I have no idea if these are Japanese or not, but the Asian dramas that I have enjoyed are Painted Skin (good action, great easy to follow story, good romance my favorite for romance), Assasin (did not finish it but it was alright), Mojin the Lost Legend (slightly problematic to follow in some places but serious at times, humorous at times, and quite enjoyable...my favorite for fun), and Chronicles of the Ghostly Tribe (interesting but the title is entirely misleading and at the same time not. My husband and I were both stunned at the plot twist). Will add more details tomorrow. Good night folks!

Pained Skin at least is actually a Chinese drama series. I went a  head, and looked into it as I was a bit curious. It looks pretty good from what I read, but won't be spoiling anything for anyone.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2018 at 12:07 AM, Kaga Koko said:

One litre of tears made me cry so much plus it has some amazing ost.

That is such a cute story that is in of few jdramas I have seen. I am still fairly new to the genre since most of my interest in Japan stems from well anime and video games. Though these have been very interesting.

34 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

That is such a cute story that is in of few jdramas I have seen. I am still fairly new to the genre since most of my interest in Japan stems from well anime and video games. Though these have been very interesting.

Hana yori dango is also my fav though its originally a manga then a anime and it became popular as a live version taiwan called it as meteor garden saw the korean and japanese live version of it as well.

1 hour ago, Kaga Koko said:

Hana yori dango is also my fav though its originally a manga then a anime and it became popular as a live version taiwan called it as meteor garden saw the korean and japanese live version of it as well.

Then that would not be a true jdrama then, but it still is a good sign that some anime can be adapted to live action well. Though these days that seems to be done better then in the recent past even.

52 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Then that would not be a true jdrama then, but it still is a good sign that some anime can be adapted to live action well. Though these days that seems to be done better then in the recent past even.

In my country kpop/kdrama is the second popular thing anime still is the first though i myself seen a few kdrama but can never  be a hard core kpop lover.

17 hours ago, Kaga Koko said:

In my country kpop/kdrama is the second popular thing anime still is the first though i myself seen a few kdrama but can never  be a hard core kpop lover.

That is pretty much true where I reside as well at least kpop anyway. I think kdrramas and jdramas are more or less equal after anime here. For me I prefer anime hands down, but there is some good ones of both types Koren, and Japanese out there both that have been mentioned and otherwise.

3 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

That is pretty much true where I reside as well at least kpop anyway. I think kdrramas and jdramas are more or less equal after anime here. For me I prefer anime hands down, but there is some good ones of both types Koren, and Japanese out there both that have been mentioned and otherwise.

I actually liked a few kdrama myself cause the story and cast where good.

31 minutes ago, Kaga Koko said:

I actually liked a few kdrama myself cause the story and cast where good.

Thats the thing with all live action shows though even more true with drama it seems. We pay so much more attention to the cast then in a cartoon or anime. It just takes so much more good work or very bad work to be noticed at all in animation. I am personally more used to Japanese audibility then Koren, but the same is honestly true for both types when looking at acting as a whole.

• Agree 1

I've watched too much Japanese Live Action/Dramas that I can't even count them, well I guess since it's Drama then I guess I'll give my opinions:

Image result for 49 japanese drama

Dan (Shori Sato) is a first year high school student. He isn't so good with his studies or sports. He spends most of his free time at home.

One day, his father's spirit enters Dan's body. His father originally died in an accident. It just so happen's his father is the type that excels at everything and now Dan possesses the same gift. He starts to play well in basketball and begins to date a popular girl at school. Dan also becomes popular among his classmates. His school life is just going amazingly well. Because of his change in personality, the other students are surprised by him, but they become influenced by his adult like point of view. Soon, his friends realize the secret of his change.

This is probably one of my favorites, tho there's still more but I couldn't list them cause I'm lazy af, maybe check out 49 and tell me what you think?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I have discovered that Netflix apparently has quite a few Asian dramas on their service. One my wife and I are gonna look into is something called Ah My Ghost. Its a romance story and looks really good.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:45 AM, ArchieKun said:

Recently I have discovered that Netflix apparently has quite a few Asian dramas on their service. One my wife and I are gonna look into is something called Ah My Ghost. Its a romance story and looks really good.

It is really good.  I have seen it!  Netflix is awesome for Asian Dramas.  I know they have other apps to watch them but for now, Netflix has a good variety of them.  I love the romance stories too.  You and your wife will enjoy it.  My husband and I watch quite a few Asian dramas.  Never disappointed.😎