Which Gender do you usually go for in games ?

XII360

Male or Female protagonist character ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. which gender do you usually play as in <MOST> games ?

• male, couse stronger attributes, and stats, and overall a harem-inducer
    • female, customizing her is the best~, also FANSERVICE~
    • tentacle monster, couse you know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tumblr_n3bsblna3B1qc3fjso1_1280.png?w=72

so yea, my classmate is panicking about internship, and here i am, being chillax, i have no idea why he would panic so much though, its not like, the hospital will be a toxic place hard place to work at ^_^

but onto topic~, what are your thoughts on Male's playing as Female character in games, and vice versa (be it online, offline, throne-line, no idea what throne-line is, just wanted something to sound alike <.>)

do you feel disgusted, if say, a big, strong, hunk of a man, played a video game, as a "cute, fragile healer of an MMORPG game" ?, or if the said hunk of a man, enjoyed playing as a girl-character in games, rather than the typical edgy strong male protagonist ?

do you also, prefer, when playing games, to have the character you play as, be a female genre gender, or play as the opposite gender ?, or do you overall not really care much on the gender of the character, and would rather 60fps pc master race just pick the gender, of whom is favored more, or at the very least, has more content of ? (e.g female characters having more clothing's as compare to male)

as for me, i dont really mind people who play as girl-characters, i mean, id play as a female character, given the opportunity, assuming it wont have any romance-style in the game, since id probably turn down all the love-flags directed at me,

and also, aslong as the person does not act and try to fool others into believing they are a girl, just to get "free items",  then i typically really have no problems with people playing as female characters, after all, were all cute little girls in our hearts its the persons preference ^_^

and as for which would i play, i would probably play as a female character, assuming i can customize her looks, and there wont be any sort of, romance in it, yea, probably female character

but if i cant customize her (couse base character, might not be enjoyable for me?), and theres romance-attribute in the game, id most likely play as a male character, given the opportunity (an example is FGO, you can change genders anytime, but i prefer the male, its mainly couse i cant customize gudako's hairstyle, and, well, harem route males are stronger than female ^_^)

but yea, what about you !?, lets have a discussion below, and remember~ 

66.png

Did not vote because I didn't like your options. I play as a guy, not because of stronger attributes or any of that, it's just that I'm a guy, and I like to envision myself as said character. I am not opposed to playing as a female, though, I've played many a game over the years where you have to play as a girl, as long as there is no guys hitting on me, I'm cool with it.

• Like 1

I normally chose my gender being a male despite commonly using female characters in social media avatars, and the like, but then thats a different matter.If the option in the game is there I go for male most of the time at least on my first play through. Mind you I am more of a JRPG guy so the customization honestly tends to be less then in a western fantasy based rpg where gender choice is common.Sometimes though in Pokemon I will be the female trainer just for the heck of it.

• Like 1

I always pick male if I can.

Gets so annoying when all the girls flirt with my character though.

So I play games like dragon age or mass effect where I can actually have characters with sexualities that match with who I am and not what society pushes.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Used to mainly choose Male, but I usually go with Female these days. I don't really care about "relating" to my character because for me it's a video game and I don't think I'm supposed to be me in a video game. I'm supposed to be who the game wants me to be, or if it's something with a character creator where you create your own character I can choose whatever personality I want, from an evil thief to some hermit mage, all kinds of personalities.

Also, females are nicer to look at. Sue me.

Edited by Guest

Even though I'm a guy, I never play as a male when I have the option, Females generally have better or more options for customization, and I may be the odd one out here, but I don't like envision myself as the Hero, which is weird since I've played a lot of games with silent Protag's who you are supposed to project yourself on. I never did though, so I don't have a problem making a character female, because that's the start of distancing my character from myself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baejoohyun said:

I play Miss Fortune a lot because of her gorgeous back&front 

MF is pretty hard to use though, but shes one of my primary ADC, aside from vayne, 

id pick zoe ahri though, couse, "muh fox"

...that and irelia, specificially, aviator one >_>...

2 minutes ago, XII360 said:

MF is pretty hard to use though, but shes one of my primary ADC, aside from vayne, 

id pick zoe ahri though, couse, "muh fox"

...that and irelia, specificially, aviator one >_>...

I don't know actually, I play LoL only to improve my concentration and as a weak player I find MF and Ashe easiest to play with. 
Vayne is very hard to play with, but Irelia.. I have to admit I only bought her because of her gorgeous looks, but she's unplayable for me. Never really liked Ahri. 

• Like 1

Just now, baejoohyun said:

I don't know actually, I play LoL only to improve my concentration and as a weak player I find MF and Ashe easiest to play with. 
Vayne is very hard to play with, but Irelia.. I have to admit I only bought her because of her gorgeous looks, but she's unplayable for me. Never really liked Ahri. 

im somewhat of an old pro player, a non toxic one (oh wow, there are non-toxic players ?)

mainly i never joined in chat's, unless the teammates seemed cool

but yea, due to how long i've played the game, im somewhat of an expert on all lanes ^_^, not all champs though, but i can play my share of bit,

to bad i kind of quit it a long time ago ?, haven't played in like, 2 years >.>...

i gotta specify though, irelia "aviator", is the must-to-go, there's just no other skin, not even default skin <.>

10 minutes ago, XII360 said:

im somewhat of an old pro player, a non toxic one (oh wow, there are non-toxic players ?)

mainly i never joined in chat's, unless the teammates seemed cool

but yea, due to how long i've played the game, im somewhat of an expert on all lanes ^_^, not all champs though, but i can play my share of bit,

to bad i kind of quit it a long time ago ?, haven't played in like, 2 years >.>...

i gotta specify though, irelia "aviator", is the must-to-go, there's just no other skin, not even default skin <.>

i wouldn't really call myself a toxic one, probably a troll or chilled one. but many times it happened i wasn't in a mood, so i would ignore them
i don't really play games in general. anyways, to finish this off, check K/DA - POP/STARS out if you haven't

• Informative 1

Given a choice, I typically play female characters, as I usually have a hard time relating to male ones. Honestly, I love it when you get an amazing character creation system in a game, sometimes even if the game is relatively bad. I really enjoyed the system on the PC version of Skyrim. It was a blast creating a character for that.

• Like 2

Okay.

I always go for the typical female character and if possible...I always make them with big bouncy boobs. Judge me all you want! But I find it hilarious how they jiggle and more than that. <3

• 1 month later...

Depends on the game.  I've made lots of both.  It depends on which looks better, or seems more appropriate.  Like when I played WoW, I made a female for some classes/races, and males for others.  In Dark Souls (1), I was always a Male, because the females just don't look good to me.  If anybody knows Gunbound, when I played that I picked the female character because I thought it was cuter.

I play interchangeably but more as a girl because the whole idea of the games I play is to create a story or role play and I rather that story be something Unique and different from myself If I can play as a girl why not makes it more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I play as both male and female. They each have their pros. Male avatars look cool depending on what is offered in the customization screen. However I specifically love playing as a female when i can customize her. Skyrim, Dynasty Warriors Empires, Fallout 4, Dragonball xenoverse 2. Monster hunter, Soul sacrifice, Toukiden, Samurai Warriors empires. Any chance to play as a female is welcome since like Captain moist said the females offer a lot of customization options. I also like to create and for a person like me who used to draw creating beautiful female characters that you can name and put a personality to is too good to give up. I like to make characters period. So when games offer customization options i look into it.

For a guy like me that loves creating i customize both male and females.