anime recommendations?

AkemiTakagi

• 1 month later...

Yeah, information on what sorts of stuff you like is always useful. For now though we'll mention Baccano!, which is about a bunch of gangsters, thieves, monsters, immortals, and other stuff on a train in the 1930s shooting each other; Barakamon, which is a really warm comedy about a calligrapher who goes to live on a rural island; and Natsuyuki Rendezvous, which is a romance about a guy who can see the ghost of the (deceased) husband of the woman he's in love with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There are 2 anime I'd recommend. 2 anime that I really enjoyed and consider top tier, but are no where near as popular as they deserve to be.

First, Shoukoku no Altair (or Altair: A Record of Battles). It's a solid story with a lot of clever strategy, comparable to Code Geass. The main character might come off like a Mary Sue but I find him quite compelling.

The second is Bungo Stray Dogs. I see it as a very good mix of basic shounen and some seinin. Each season gets progressively better. There are some kick add fights, really sweet animation, it's very funny, has a really likable cast of characters, and has some good mystery sub plots and other interesting plot threads that would almost make you feel like you're watching Dark Knight or The Winter Soldier. 

• 9 months later...

Danganronpa is great! it is really different from harem anime - like literally whenever you start to ship someone they ar killed! i loved it - the first season was the best - definatly should try out if you want a change in type of anime!

• 8 months later...