The King Has Arrived

King Blanketfort

Hello, I am King Blanketfort!

Ruler of the blanket forts, protector of Saturday Morning Cartoons, leader of the breakfast cereal and pajama party and surveyor of the Nostalgia Forest!

Now that that "completely serious introduction" is over, hello! 

Somewhat of an old fogey, I'm an Anime fan of old. I'm a 31 year old married man. My husband and I have been together for nearly five years. I am a Mortician, with also an Art background so I also draw from time to time. I work in the field of Mortician, specifically an embalmer. Each week I host a sort of "group meeting" for the children within my religious following with which I am the ordained High Priest of my sector. We are a Pagan religion and choose to operate in private. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

On my down time, besides drawing, I enjoy reading, writing and studying languages, ancient history and Mythologies.  My favourites are Egyptian, Anglo-Saxon, Japanese, African and Mexican. A big fan of table-top and other forms of Role Playing, it goes without saying I am an enormous Tolkien fan as well, my favourite book being "The Hobbit." Though I'm not devoid of Sci-Fi love, with even a tattoo sporting my favourite: Star Trek.

Music tastes vary upon my mood, but my go-to's are always classical, jazz/swing, lounge-style singing, and cultural folk and opera. However from time to time I enjoy my classic rock as well, with very rare likes of pop/R&B (90's era is the best).

Odd quirks: I collect music boxes, old jewellery/antiques, snow globes, Buddhas, Dragons, horses/unicorns/Pegasus things and rubber ducks.

Pleasure to be here, and I hope we can all have some great discussions.!

• Winner 1

Welcome to the forums, King Blanketfort. I too am in my 30s and married. I hope you like chatting with us.

What are some of your favorite anime? You actually remind me of a friend. He'd probably enjoy meeting you :)

Hello, and welcome to AF :)

Ahh ancient history and Mythology are two of my big study topics. I enjoy anything from of course Japanese, to the Roman empire as well as anything before that.  Table top gaming I admit is not something I have gotten into, but mostly due to the cost. I do like straggly board games like Vast Crystal Caverns, and others though. Old anime is great as well as newer stuff. Sounds like you'll fit in right well here, and I am looking forward to seeing you around.

Thank you everyone for warm welcomes! It's good to know I'm not the only old weirdo here. XD

Ah, favourite Anime... let's see if I can get you a quick run-down, in no particular order, I'll just list them as they come to me:
Gundam Wing, Soul Eater, Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Gravitation, Cute Earth High Defense Club, Blue Exorcist, Black Butler (though I dropped out of it for a while, but trying to get back into it), FREE!, Yuri on Ice, Yu-Gi-Oh!, One Punch Man, Attack on Titan (though I am SUPER far behind), Rurouni Kenshin, Pokemon, Digimon Descendants of Darkness, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo!, DBZ, Cyborn 008, Big O (this is my husbands favourite one!! ), Space Dandy, Death Note.... and those are just ones right off the bat.

TV shows and movies in general: Sherlock, Futurama, BoJack Horseman, My Little Pony, Aggretsuko, The Office, Parks and Rec. Lion King, Coco, House of Cards, House, Ripper Street, Batman The Animated Series.... I'll add more later. I don't get a lot of time to watch much TV. We mostly just pay for Netflix and use that instead of buying cable XD. 
I do have some favourite YouTubers that I highly reccomend: Nostalgia Critic (under Channel Awesome), The Cinema Snob (under Stoned Gremlin Productions), Phelous Porteous, Rob Dyke,  IHE (I Hate Everything), Lazy Masquerade, Sorrow TV, Soothouse, Saberspark, The RPG Monger, Electric Dragon (also known as AniMat)

I think I'll stop there for now. I am trying to get into some of the newer Anime that's come out but I don't know if I've just grown up or if the newer stuff sucks. I'm still in an internal battle with that, personally.

Edited by King Blanketfort

36 minutes ago, King Blanketfort said:

Thank you everyone for warm welcomes! It's good to know I'm not the only old weirdo here. XD

Ah, favourite Anime... let's see if I can get you a quick run-down, in no particular order, I'll just list them as they come to me:
Gundam Wing, Soul Eater, Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Gravitation, Cute Earth High Defense Club, Blue Exorcist, Black Butler (though I dropped out of it for a while, but trying to get back into it), FREE!, Yuri on Ice, Yu-Gi-Oh!, One Punch Man, Attack on Titan (though I am SUPER far behind), Rurouni Kenshin, Pokemon, Digimon Descendants of Darkness, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo!, DBZ, Cyborn 008, Big O (this is my husbands favourite one!! ), Space Dandy, Death Note.... and those are just ones right off the bat.

I'm sure you meant Cyborg 009 (truly a good series I agree!) and at long last we have another Tenchi fan! Which was your favorite Tenchi? Least favorite? Mine were War on Geminar (Kenshi trumps Tenchi in personality for sure!) and GXP (I could have written a better one....read better versions too). Outlaw Star was quite good though I fear most people have forgotten it....one of my favorite quotes come from that anime. Nothing wrong with loving the classics. I actually think the classics had better stories and didn't need a bunch of bouncing breasts to hold an audience's attention.