Do you like to Travel/Want to Travel

Geano

Traveling is the best, I’ve went to most of Europe and a good amount of Latin America and Mexico area, I live in the us but I’ve seen more places in Europe then states, but seen the main ones like Cali New York City Florida Texas Ohio Maine Arizona, etc . My favorite place so far was probably switzerland, and soon I hope to go to New Zealand/ Australia despite having 10/13 most deadly snakes in the world lol

7 hours ago, kingAndrew11 said:

Traveling is the best, I’ve went to most of Europe and a good amount of Latin America and Mexico area, I live in the us but I’ve seen more places in Europe then states, but seen the main ones like Cali New York City Florida Texas Ohio Maine Arizona, etc . My favorite place so far was probably switzerland, and soon I hope to go to New Zealand/ Australia despite having 10/13 most deadly snakes in the world lol

I want to go to Europe so bad especially Scandinavia its always been my favorite part of Europe. I have seen south both east and west but not north east and west of the US, but it is right up there for me in the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to travel more.  I have been to Hawaii years ago.  But I would love to visit South Korea.  My husband is from the Philippines so we are planning to go sometime next year.  It is expensive but my dream is to visit Asia.  I will stay away from certain places though.  Don't know how safe it would be.

• Like 1

Besides Japan (Obviously)i would like to visit shanghai Amsterdam, Paris, London, Barcelona. But money is tight and thats just how it is sometimes. hopefully i can go to at least one place when im out of high school

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, Kanamesensei said:

I would love to travel more.  I have been to Hawaii years ago.  But I would love to visit South Korea.  My husband is from the Philippines so we are planning to go sometime next year.  It is expensive but my dream is to visit Asia.  I will stay away from certain places though.  Don't know how safe it would be.

Oh now Hawaii sounds like one trip to be sure. I really want to see it myself. It is not cheap either. Same for South Korea as well. I love kpop and Asaian culture Korean include.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:07 AM, LunaC said:

Besides Japan (Obviously)i would like to visit shanghai Amsterdam, Paris, London, Barcelona. But money is tight and thats just how it is sometimes. hopefully i can go to at least one place when im out of high school

On this list Paris for sure would be awesome. Though I have heard despite being called the city of love its not quite what people expect when going there for the first time.

17 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Oh now Hawaii sounds like one trip to be sure. I really want to see it myself. It is not cheap either. Same for South Korea as well. I love kpop and Asaian culture Korean include.

On this list Paris for sure would be awesome. Though I have heard despite being called the city of love its not quite what people expect when going there for the first time.

Hawaii is expensive but at least it is safer then some  parts of Asia.  My brother has been to Japan.  I was like "take me with you!"  I think life is too short to not explore other countries.  I think that if you able, just do it!  Good luck to you and your travels😎

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

13 minutes ago, Kanamesensei said:

Hawaii is expensive but at least it is safer then some  parts of Asia.  My brother has been to Japan.  I was like "take me with you!"  I think life is too short to not explore other countries.  I think that if you able, just do it!  Good luck to you and your travels😎

I could not agree more. I sadly have not been to Japan either, but it is of course very high on my radar. Hawaii is close though as they have a lot of Japanese influence.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, ArchieKun said:

I could not agree more. I sadly have not been to Japan either, but it is of course very high on my radar. Hawaii is close though as they have a lot of Japanese influence.

I know Japanese have a lot of influence in Hawaii considering Pearl Harbor.  I was surprised to see many Japanese there.  We got to see Pearl Harbor.  It was a sad moment in history to say the least.

Honestly i'd like to travel outside of the atomosphere. To some alternate reality really. Everything on Earth just looks the same to me these days. It be nice if we could find another planet that has a group of life forms during things differently than earthlings.

14 minutes ago, Crevanille said:

Honestly i'd like to travel outside of the atomosphere. To some alternate reality really. Everything on Earth just looks the same to me these days. It be nice if we could find another planet that has a group of life forms during things differently than earthlings.

What I want to know is...did we really land on the moon?   Anyway, that would be awesome to try!  We are a boring people😞

1 hour ago, Kanamesensei said:

What I want to know is...did we really land on the moon?   Anyway, that would be awesome to try!

Yes, we did.  I watched it live, along with most of the rest of the world at the time.  Save your pennies, Musk says a ticket to Mars will cost about as much as a house.  Bezos's price to the Moon "will cost less", though he doesn't give an actual price tag.  Probably not much less though, since both Branson's Virgin Galactic and Bezo's Blue Origin are charging $200k for just a 20-minute roller-coaster ride to the edge of space, without even reaching orbit.  Of course moon or Mars doesn't really matter if there's no there there.  Wait until Musk's Big Fu.. er, "Falcon" Rocket gets built.  If nothing else liftoffs of something that big will be impressive just to watch.  Actually riding one up will be awesome.  Musk described BFR launches as being "quite tectonic".

Be that as it may, I still have hopes of ending my days running icebergs between O'Neill's out in the Oort cloud.  (Fox Cluster or bust!)  Gotta make sure my PDF and mp4 collections are in order tho.  As things stand now the world's fastest (at the time) unmanned probe took over a decade just to reach Pluto at 39AU out.  Of course, that's all unpowered coasting.  Still, Eris is at 68AU, and Sedna's at 486AU at the moment.  The Oort cloud extends to 120,000AU.  Nuclear power and ion engines (and no fantasy physics) can cut travel times drastically, but even if they get travel times down from decades to years or months there's still sure to be a lot of idle time between ports.  A LOT of idle time.  On the other hand, that would mean a trip to Mars would only take maybe a week, and the moon a day or so.  Like I said, save your pennies.  You might get your chance in a decade or so.

3 hours ago, Kanamesensei said:

I know Japanese have a lot of influence in Hawaii considering Pearl Harbor.  I was surprised to see many Japanese there.  We got to see Pearl Harbor.  It was a sad moment in history to say the least.

That was sad yes, but there is a lot behind that event that a lot of people don't know since its not taught very accurately in schools. Though then again when is school history ever taught correctly. A lot of it is very sugar coated and censored. Though on tthe more positive side there is things like anime shops and manga cafes there which would be hella awesome to visit and check out.

• 2 months later...

I would love to travel someday if I had the funds to get there. One place I would love to visit that's overseas would be Scotland. I love the culture there and the scenery is just so beautiful and breathtaking to me. ( In my opinion ) As for other places anywhere in the United States that has forests and mountains, that would be a true nature experience. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

7 hours ago, HanaApril said:

One place I would love to visit that's overseas would be Scotland. I love the culture there and the scenery is just so beautiful and breathtaking to me.

I've thought about Scotland as well.  The people a couple generations back on my dad's side, supposedly Grants and MacLarens, come from the Scottish Highlands.  The MacLarens are from Creag an Tuirc in Balquhidder and the Grants from Stratherrick near Inverness.  I'm not big on traveling, but it'd be cool to someday visit those places at least.  Amazing scenery, as you say, and Stratherrik is very close to Loch Ness so trying to get a peek at Nessie while I'm there could be fun too.  :)  

loch-ness-monster.jpg.37c45045019dc22f6d38498f89479d41.jpg

7 hours ago, HanaApril said:

I would love to travel someday if I had the funds to get there. One place I would love to visit that's overseas would be Scotland. I love the culture there and the scenery is just so beautiful and breathtaking to me. ( In my opinion ) As for other places anywhere in the United States that has forests and mountains, that would be a true nature experience. 

That would be so much fun. Honestly if I could see anywhere in Europe I'd be happy. Hope you get to go there someday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun Thank you that's very kind of you to say. I do hope so one day I can do that. 

No problem, and ya both Europe, and Asia are on my wish list/ Though if I can only ever do one Japan will certainly win out.

@ArchieKun That sounds nice. I was a long time ago interested in going to Japan since I had family there I wanted to meet but she passed away sadly due to very old age. ( 100  she was )  However I was given a video of her and my grandma when she visited her in Japan. Though the whole video was all spoken in Japanese so I couldn't really understand them talking at all.  Even so it was still nice to watch it. I'm half Japanese and many other things as well but I am proud to be half Japanese since I love the culture a lot and respect my heritage as well. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun That sounds nice. I was a long time ago interested in going to Japan since I had family there I wanted to meet but she passed away sadly due to very old age. ( 100  she was )  However I was given a video of her and my grandma when she visited her in Japan. Though the whole video was all spoken in Japanese so I couldn't really understand them talking at all.  Even so it was still nice to watch it. I'm half Japanese and many other things as well but I am proud to be half Japanese since I love the culture a lot and respect my heritage as well. 

Thats awesome sorry to hear about the loss, but living to 100 is pretty damn god if you ask me.

I want to go there for the anime and manga stuff of course, but also just for the expense. 

14 hours ago, HanaApril said:

It is never pleasant to have family die.  Still, 100 is a nice run.  If I make it to 100 I'll count that a win.  My grandmother on my mom's side made it to 93, in spite of not taking very good care of herself.  My mom is nearly 80 and still goes to the gym several times a week.  I'm hoping I got some of those genes!

I wish I had video of great/grand/parents & other family members.  I am jealous.  That would be awesome!  I'd even (try to) learn another language just to be able to understand it, if necessary.  I do have pictures but often the people in them are dressed and posed for a special occasion, especially the REAL old ones, so you don't really see their normal selves.  Video can be much better at conveying what people are actually like.

Edited by efaardvark

@efaardvark Yeah my grandma would talk about her sometimes when I was in my teens visiting her and then when she passed away my father said grandma wanted my sister and I to have this tape of her to share. I think somewhere I still have the video but sadly I can't watch it no more due to only having DVD players now. However it would be nice to take a look at it again, maybe someday who knows. My grandma which is Japanese she is 93 or 94 now.