Do you like to Travel/Want to Travel

Geano

On 3/4/2019 at 6:24 AM, HanaApril said:

@efaardvark Yeah my grandma would talk about her sometimes when I was in my teens visiting her and then when she passed away my father said grandma wanted my sister and I to have this tape of her to share. I think somewhere I still have the video but sadly I can't watch it no more due to only having DVD players now. However it would be nice to take a look at it again, maybe someday who knows. My grandma which is Japanese she is 93 or 94 now. 

VCRs are pretty cheep used on eBay some even come with blank VHS tapes as those are still actually manufactured for enterprise use. Though they aren't quite like the ones we bought as kids in the stores. There is still plenty of blank consumer grade tapes, and VCRs floating around though.

I think that is very touching that she wanted you, and your sister to have that as memories. The more I hear about it the more it makes me want to cry.

@ArchieKun Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. Yes it is touching indeed my grandma is a very lovely sweet women who puts everyone else first and herself last. I get that from her and my mother. I rather not say too much more about it since I'm a bit private about my life. So I hope you can understand. :?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. Yes it is touching indeed my grandma is a very lovely sweet women who puts everyone else first and herself last. I get that from her and my mother. I rather not say too much more about it since I'm a bit private about my life. So I hope you can understand. :?

No problem I am glad I could help. :) 

So is there anywhere else you'd want to travel to?

13 hours ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun I've never been into the idea of going to Hawaii to be honest. However if that's your thing / dream than good for you. (y)

To each their own as they say. I like it mostly for the Japanese influence, but my father once lived there so heard a lot of good things about it. Well except maybe the cost of living.

2 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun Very interesting to know and still good for you~ I wish you luck going there someday.

Well thank you, and same to you. I want to travel all over, but that is pricey, and with the way the world is politically these days especially in the past decade, or so it is a bit more dangerous than it once was.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 3:15 AM, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun Yes very true, however if I never get to see Scotland It wont be a huge let down for me. I am content with my life where I live if it's meant to be then alright, if not no worries then. 

Scotland would be fun, and at the very least interesting. They some of hthe most gorgeous countryside out there from what I understand as well. That is also a good way of thinking about it.

scotland-landscape-26286-26976-hd-wallpapers.thumb.jpg.1e89595876ef61559f8eb4ad95411fec.jpg

I Love traveling the only problem Is I have a fear of flying :( 

I Have been to, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburgh, France, Italy, Austria, Zwitserland, Germany, Denmark, Ukraine (For Family) and Norway, I would like to make a road trip through Russia! And I'm going to Sint peterburgh in 2020 (Cause family lives there too! :P )

• 11 months later...

I would like to travel but it's too much work. I've been on a few trips and lived out of a suitcase for a week once and hated it. It was by train and so the ride was slow and boring. We had a four hour delay until someone came to get their cattle off the tracks. By the time we got to our destination all the fun was gone. My only wish is to see Switzerland someday. 

i dont really like traveling, like, i do go camping in the woods a lot, if that counts. but ive been to mammoth cave, ive been to nashville for a concert with my old band and to sightsee, and i guess its just not for me. its too jarring and stressful, and it costs way too much money. but, there are some things about it that are fun. i just think, theres plenty of pretty sights at home anyway, and i can learn more about culture online by talking to people who live there. so i don't think its something thats really a necessary thing to do in your lifetime these days to feel fulfilled, you know? but for people who it doesn't stress out that much, i bet its really fun.

• Like 2