The District

Bleach ending confusion

Okay so if anyone here has read or heard the ending, doesn't it feel lackluster? I was sooo unsatisfied with the end. I still believe Ichigo should have gotten with Rukia. His kid looked awesome but I don'tunderstand the need to add any new characters. Why do that if we will never see what they will go on to do. The time skip, the cut off of the battle and just whole last chapter had me messed up. So many good moments and pure awesomeness just to leave a sour taste in the end? Honestly, I love Bleach with all my heart but I need more of a well said explanation. 

Is this the Japanese version? From what I heard the American version got cancelled. I really want to get back into the series. 

I didn't see Ichigo getting with Rukia. Maybe in the beginning of the series, but not as it moved along. I didn't hate the ending and I didn't love it. What I liked about it was that it ended in a way that I was satisfied with. this person got with that person, that person is still alive, this person is still a beast, etc. What I didn't like about it was that it ended on sort of a cliffhanger. How the kids meet at the end to me showed there was room for more to be made and now I want to see it.

4 hours ago, King_Sama said:

it ended on sort of a cliffhanger

350+ episodes and you expected different?  :D  Every season will end that way.  That's why I prefer the shorter, one- or 2-season-and-done format.  They actually provide closure.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Love bleach, hate the filler and yeah that ending was very crappy. What I would love to see is a reboot of the series minus the filler and following the manga to it's conclusion not the producers/studios. There's so much more in the manga than in the anime yet because they wanted to rush the story into production they got ahead of the source material, as usual, thus filler was born as well as a story deviation and rushed and insubstantial ending.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:20 PM, efaardvark said:

350+ episodes and you expected different?  :D  Every season will end that way.  That's why I prefer the shorter, one- or 2-season-and-done format.  They actually provide closure.

lol. I expected to finish with something that wasn't a cliffhanger, like fade to black kind of ending.

Posted (edited)
On 10/13/2018 at 5:08 PM, The District said:

Okay so if anyone here has read or heard the ending, doesn't it feel lackluster? I was sooo unsatisfied with the end. I still believe Ichigo should have gotten with Rukia. His kid looked awesome but I don'tunderstand the need to add any new characters. Why do that if we will never see what they will go on to do. The time skip, the cut off of the battle and just whole last chapter had me messed up. So many good moments and pure awesomeness just to leave a sour taste in the end? Honestly, I love Bleach with all my heart but I need more of a well said explanation. 

It feels like Kubo sold out and buckled under the pressure to me. Feels like it wasn't his vision after the rescue of Rukia, because clearly she was the main love interest and not Orihime, and just a big fat compromise to get more money from the cash juggernaut called "Bleach". Really from the beginning it felt like it should be a journey of Ichigo to reconcile his Soul Reaper half with his Quincy half becoming the "Savior" et al,  then bringing peace between the two organization (clans?). But then the filler and the BS shifts in the story was a beacon that something changed and NOT for the better. Kubo got sick and you don't need to be a Sherlock to figure out the reasons why. Anyway, JMHO  the whole ending made me gift my entire bleach collection away for free and become an absolute "Hater" of the whole series. Honestly, the Mangaka's got to quit selling out and tell their stories THEIR way (Looking at you Bleach and Naruto). Just saying.

Edited by Oakmi
Wrong wording missed in proof read