Sword Art Online Alicization Episode Reactions (spoilers)

The District

Episode 1 reactions: SMALL CHILD KURITO WHAT THE HELL?!?! What is going on, this isn't the past I know. Is this reality or just fantasy? Like wtf is going on. Kirito freaking dies and it just cuts off. I honestly wonder how they are gonna explain how he survives a Death Gun to the heart :/

Episode 2: Kirito wakes up in a forest and is more selfaware. I was a bit confused as to how come Eugeo recalls all that happened as if Kirito wasn't there. That bugged the hell outta Kirito and me geeeze.. Is this like a virutal world or what cuz how does Eugeo not know what logging out means. What is really confusing is how does Kirito not remember ANYTHING about him "dying" or what or who Eugen and Alice are. SO FAR ITS NOTHING BUT CONFUSION AGHHHHHHHH

Yah this series has undoubtedly had its ups, and downs with time. Sadly from what I have seen not to mention this reaction I am not having to much high hopes for it in the future. Though then nothing stays the same for long this includes anime series.

10 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah this series has undoubtedly had its ups, and downs with time. Sadly from what I have seen not to mention this reaction I am not having to much high hopes for it in the future. Though then nothing stays the same for long this includes anime series.

I agree and greatly disagree. Its very confusing but it eventually explains itself. So just keep watching before saying it will fail :')

2 minutes ago, The District said:

I agree and greatly disagree. Its very confusing but it eventually explains itself. So just keep watching before saying it will fail :')

Well I am be a little pesimistic in terms of SAO, but that ideal is due to honestly being super obsessed with it when it first came out, and then seeing it slowly depreciate in quality story telling. I suppose with that said I do hold a small hope that it will improve, but not holding my breathe.

5 minutes ago, The District said:

Does it start to make sense by episode 3 (most people's judging limit) or is it further along (about what episode to expect?)?

12 hours ago, Beocat said:

Does it start to make sense by episode 3 (most people's judging limit) or is it further along (about what episode to expect?)?

I have a attention spam thats long I guess because I give anime 3-5 episodes before turning away. Yhis will be no exception despite my bios. I'd honestly watch all of it simply for the talking points at cons, or on here.

On 10/14/2018 at 2:40 PM, Beocat said:

Episode 3 isn't out yet but so far I think its pretty entertaining. Sure SAO has some big flaws but I feel this season will make this anime better than it was before

On 10/14/2018 at 2:38 PM, ArchieKun said:

Well I am be a little pesimistic in terms of SAO, but that ideal is due to honestly being super obsessed with it when it first came out, and then seeing it slowly depreciate in quality story telling. I suppose with that said I do hold a small hope that it will improve, but not holding my breathe.

I like SAO and i realise the flaws but just try putting past judgement to the side before judging a newly made season. I'd hate to see how you judge other animes just because previous seasons werent as great and are doubting a new season before it even fairly begins.

Edited by The District

I don't give shows a set amount of episodes, I go for watching 1/4 of the show before properly judging it.

For a common 12 episode show, that's 3 episodes anyways.

But for a 24 episode show, 6 episodes. This is fair because it'll likely pace itself slower.

50 episodes get 12ish episodes, once again, because their length warrants them pacing themselves slower, so going for 3 episodes just wouldn't be fair.

Haha, we are getting off topic now. I have little time to devote to a show I won't enjoy. The 3 episode rules has served me well so far. Perhaps we should make a separate thread for this? 

I didn't make it past episode 3 of SAO to begin with but I have always considered trying it again with lower expectations. 

I actually enjoyed the "game world" half of the first episode, the real world half ... not so much -_-;

I was initially thrown by the young version of Kirito, but when they explained part of the new technology was not only a more immersive game world, but where years can pass while a much shorter time passes in the real world it seemed to make a bit more sense.

I actually put the series on hold after the first ep :lol: I do intend to watch at least some more, but not a priority since I'm not a fan of the franchise and besides the new season's other shows, there are several Netflix series I want to watch too (Dragon Pilot, 7 Deadly SIns: Return of the Commandments & Castlevania season 2 leater this month)

On 10/15/2018 at 10:54 PM, The District said:

Episode 3 isn't out yet but so far I think its pretty entertaining. Sure SAO has some big flaws but I feel this season will make this anime better than it was before

I like SAO and i realise the flaws but just try putting past judgement to the side before judging a newly made season. I'd hate to see how you judge other animes just because previous seasons werent as great and are doubting a new season before it even fairly begins.

Honestly I like to think I have a good amount of reservation for anime compared to western shows. I know it is a new series, and therefore it gets a new chance as far as proving itself.

• 1 month later...

Whew, that latest episode fucked up big time.

It skipped like 4 novels worth of VERY IMPORTANT content, and expected it to be alright by summarizing each novel with 1 sentence each via flashback?

Almost everything in the episode was related to something important happening before, like him getting his sword, there's a reason the blacksmith wound up offering it for free, it wasn't just a friendly whim. But now it is entirely just a friendly whim as far as the anime is concerned, and it becomes horrendously written.

Kirito explains how "your thoughts on something affect it in this world" so if you believe your sword will hit something harder, it will, for example. They friggin relayed this by Kirito monologuing while laying in bed. Because they skipped a massive and interesting part where he slowly figures this out over time. Why does Kirito have a garden? It's not because he just likes flowers. He wanted to test the "thoughts affect objects" theory by planting flowers that normally shouldn't grow in that area, by simply believing in them growing. But what do we know with JUST the anime? Who the hell knows, Kirito just likes flowers now.

The director is absolutely horrendous and I rather despise him. He has 50 episodes to work with and he skips 4 novels entirely. HE SKIPPED 2 BLOODY YEARS OF IN-WORLD TIME. WHO DOES THAT.

And thus, SAO is back to being bottom of the barrel crap to me. It'll have to do a HELL of a lot to salvage this mess, but that won't happen, because that director is terrible, and he'll just rush more things and skip other important things because all the show needs to survive is Kirito and his harem and OP edgy sword stuff.

Gehh.

I'm going back to Hisone to Masotan.

• 4 weeks later...