Which anime character defines your youth?

Mazino

Did you ever get this nostalgia feeling which made you think of sharing a common bond between a character, reminding you to your youth of being adventurous, rebellious or just plain quiet and unruffled. However the thread title may be somewhat tricky but you are free to name the anime title instead of the character itself in case you feel more connected to the anime (narrative story, visual of the environment which resembles your hometown etc). This doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite character of course, think about which anime or it's character describes your youth to the best.

Please make sure to use spoiler tags for spoiler related content. 

• Like 1

Yu Yu Hakusho. Yusuke was 14 years old in the series, and that's also the age that I was when I started watching the show. So I felt like I was him.

I was in junior high at the time, and I had a horrible attitude(still kinda do). I wasn't able to hang out with friends after hours, so I kinda just started hating everything and became a loner. It's also around the time that I became a boxing fan. So I was 14, rebellious, full of anger, and liked fighting, yeah, I could relate to him.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Now this is tricky one for me. Reason being in terms of anime series that defined my youth that was both dbz, and Yu Yu Hakusho among others. Though I'd say those are the most influencing.

As far as characters defiantly Yuske for me as well. This is even more so if I am relating him to how I was as a kid. I wasn't a street thug far from it, but I was one of this kids that did not like school, or authority in school. Of course as I have grown up this has changed. Though back then I'd say Yuske describes me best.

Conan Edogawa (or should I say Shinichi Kudo?) from Detective Conan. The anime was my favorite animated series as a child, and got me into anime binging when I was older, and Conan was just my favorite character. He's witty, detuctive and smart, a bit sarcastic and a bit cynical at time, and adventurous.

Me getting obsessed with Conan and trying to emulate him made me, when I was around 13-14, into this wanna be smart kid that saw a mystery around every corner) and tried to solve every problem by just thinking really hard --- still making me cringe when I think back to it ... but it got me interested in mathematics , so, that's nice and helps me now with my studies.  (I think i might be in the minority when I say that I like/d studying and didn't have a problem with authority (mostly!) when I went through puberty? [At least studying seems rather unpopular])

I still like to just watch some random episodes of Detective Conan --usually the older ones-- just to get that nostalgic (and cringy, but still nostalgic) feeling about my childhood and early youth.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm hmm, that's honestly a tough one I always feel a strong connection to Hinata of her shyness and lack of confidence yet grown into a stronger indiviual when she got older that use to be back in the days of childhood antics but I can also relate in some ways towards other characters in different animes. But more of a strong towards Hinata the most personally. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Jinta, from Anohana: The flower we saw that day.

I was always leading childhood friends on adventures through the woods and getting everyone together and holding our friendships together was kind of my thing. In childhood I’d define myself as an outgoing and charismatic leader, unafraid and very athletic, able to do just about anything. As an adult a lot has changed, but I sure do enjoy looking back on childhood adventures.

AE94E7ED-F1C1-486C-BBFE-D5EBE69D1EFC.jpeg.0f1562216970437085450fb502cb3659.jpeg

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1