A small Introduction

KeilynLocke

I'd like to start off my entry into the forums by introducing myself. I'm KeilynLocke, formerly KaitonLocke. It's been a long while since I've been on a forum. I once was a member of a forum that went by the same name as this, but that was about a decade ago.

I'm a former game design student, online fanfic author got my start in that on the other a4. I won my g-mail account from them, actually. I am a complete geek, I enjoy hobbies from nearly every area which is considered geeky. I enjoy comics, anime, manga, games of all sorts ( especially Magic the Gathering), sci-fi films and fiction, fantasy ANYTHING, I'm currently playing D&D on Roll20 with my rl friends, and I've worked at Denver Comic Con 2 years(once in 2015, and then again in 2017), and I like to sing along to any good song(I performed on stage with Vic Mignogna and Caitlin Glass in 2009).

I've watched a long list of anime, some of which I have to work to recollect, which included all the ones listed in my profile. I've written fanfics for Kim Possible, Final Fantasy, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Little Witch Academia, Teen Titans, Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Universe, Bleach,

* One Piece, and Pokemon.

I apologize for double posting(hit the post button trying to click off another window) and for sounding like I'm bragging. I haven't done this in a Long time.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

1 hour ago, KeilynLocke said:

I'd like to start off my entry into the forums by introducing myself. I'm KeilynLocke, formerly KaitonLocke. It's been a long while since I've been on a forum. I once was a member of a forum that went by the same name as this, but that was about a decade ago.

I'm a former game design student, online fanfic author got my start in that on the other a4. I won my g-mail account from them, actually. I am a complete geek, I enjoy hobbies from nearly every area which is considered geeky. I enjoy comics, anime, manga, games of all sorts ( especially Magic the Gathering), sci-fi films and fiction, fantasy ANYTHING, I'm currently playing D&D on Roll20 with my rl friends, and I've worked at Denver Comic Con 2 years(once in 2015, and then again in 2017), and I like to sing along to any good song(I performed on stage with Vic Mignogna and Caitlin Glass in 2009).

I've watched a long list of anime, some of which I have to work to recollect, which included all the ones listed in my profile. I've written fanfics for Kim Possible, Final Fantasy, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Little Witch Academia, Teen Titans, Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Universe, Bleach,

* One Piece, and Pokemon.

welcome to AF_forum's kei-san ^_^ 

by any chance, was that forum you mentioned, called "animeultima" ?, couse i used to be a member of AU before xD, but it's currently in the ground, buried, never to be found again probably, (RIP)

that's allot of stuff you do, though, and since you're a complete geek, i feel @ArchieKun and you would get along well ;o, i mean his also a complete geek xD (though, that's not to say allot of the users here are geeks too !)

im also the same on the anime part, i've watched a fair bit of anime's in the past, but. my memory can't 100% recall the events of the anime's, maybe the memorable one's (like how they rushed SnS (shakugan no shana's) ending, which is, just why ?! so much unexplained smh)

though, i want to watch the latest anime's being aired, i somewhat have time constraint (OJT(on job training)/internship, drawing, gaming, real life stuff, mobile games), and it makes me sad that i can't do them all in one day ._.

1 hour ago, KeilynLocke said:

I apologize for double posting(hit the post button trying to click off another window) and for sounding like I'm bragging. I haven't done this in a Long time.

i have no idea what your talking about, i approved your post and didn't see double post o_o

tenor.gif

but yea, again, welcome the the forum's kei-kun, hope you enjoy your time, and find a good friend/companion in here ^__^

@KeilynLocke welcome to the forums!  Brag away (we see this more as a speed dating session and are thrilled we got so much info out of you before the bell rung to switch seats again - there is so much I can talk to you about with that introduction) and tell us more :)

So, former game design student...I actually know a few game developers myself though they rarely have the time to write or chat these days. Apparently programming and designing major game titles is quite....soul consuming. I try to remember that these days every time I bring a new home a new game. I'm glad you've been able to find the time to get online to chat.

Haha, I could never tell you all the anime I've seen. I often see one for sale and get this urge to buy it on impulse, get it home, and then realize halfway through I've seen it before. Happened with a book series once too lol....fun times. I get to read and watch the same thing as if it were new again :) almost....

Okay, so you too are a Tenchi fan....now....who are you shipping? I'm personally a Ryoko/Tenchi fan (occasionally Mihoshi/Tenchi but it is rare to see anything with just those two in focus). If you like Tenchi fics, I can suggest an amazing one that I feel should have been more what gxp should've been (I hate gxp with my anime loving soul) I can suggest for you. It is basically a novel online though so it'll be a good one to drink hot cocoa while reading.

Anyways, welcome to our humble abode. ^_^

Hello there, and welcome to AF. Geekyness is always awesome. I share much of your interests as we.. I am newer to the more classic side of scfi, but it is warming up to me.

Hope you have a great time here, and if you have any questions, or want to chat feel free to let me know. :) See you around.

I knew of AnimeUltima, it's actually how I was able to watch the entirety of AtLA in one go for the first time. Now I own AtLA and Korra in box set. No, it was called Anime Forums, A4 for short. I was also a moderator on another dead forum, DeviantHearts. All under the name KaitonLocke, my former UN and Penname. Keilyn is my new handle and penname. I have Ao4 and FF.net accounts under the name. I have yet to post my work to Ao4. IF you don't reconize the short name Ao4, it's what my friends and I use to refer to Archive of our Own.

I know all about the programmer side of game development. I've programmed user interfaces and menus for a game my bestie and I built during our courses. Javascript and C# are not for the faint of heart. I made a good friend who fixed all of my bugs and streamlined our character control system for us. She is also like me in the aspect of gender identity.

Thank you all for the welcome. I am a little out of touch with modern anime that's trending, but I'm open to any sort of suggestions.

• Friendly 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Well, I honestly find myself leaning towards shoujo anime most days. But I do love sports and action anime. I love magic anime of all types. My favorite anime are Slayers and Fairy Tail. I also liked Hajime No Ippo and HSD Kenichi. Martial arts is something I love a lot too.

18 hours ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

Wow, you sound awesome! Obligatory question: Marvel or DC? And btw, welcome to AF! 

It really depends. Comic wise, most of DC's characters seem deeper, have more developed personalities and such. Flash, Batman, Diana, and most of Batman's villains are more realistic to me.

I love a lot of the Marvel Multiverse. The worlds and planes and Universes they write are amazing to me. The relationships between the characters are so entangled and complex that they seem real via their connections to each other. The dynamics between them are amazingly well thought out.

I am a character and world development philiac as a writer and game designer. Their my ultimate draw any any story of anything.

17 hours ago, Beocat said:

Well, have you seen Snow White with the Red Hair or Yona of the Dawn? Both are good and should be right up your alley. I know the feeling about being out of touch....I favor a lot of older anime lol....

I have not seen either. Until I got into Boku no Hero and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid; I had not watched any anime that had debuted after 2015. Are those two series in the database? I'll take a look at those pages and see if I like the feel I get from the art and the synopsis.