MANGA IDEAS

AnimeNoLifeSmile

What contest? Also, I do have idea's for a manga I might write however (no offense) why would I tell them to you? I guess I just don't understand what you are asking, if you need to write a manga shouldn't you come up with your own ideas? Good day. 

I'm not giving any straight up ideas (although i have some, i plan to use them to write my own stories eventually) however, when thinking of writing any type of story i would think about your favorite genre first (ex. drama) .. once you have that think of your favorite story/ movie/ book/ anime that was part of that genre. Watch/ read it again and figure out what drew you to it and try to incorporate that into what you write. Maybe it was an eerie feeling or a happy ending or a bit of romance or the snappiness of the dialogue, something that made the story feel complete. Then twist that idea as much as possible... make it as unique to yourself as you can so you can call it your own.... brainstorming characters is easier when you take traits from people in your life (ex. my bestfriend has short black hair and doesn't care what people think of her) and combat that with a character that has the traits of someone else you know who is somewhat of a polar opposite (ex. a friend of mine with long blonde hair who adheres to social standards) .

Hope this helps. Good luck :) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am not surre how open you are wanting to be with concepts, but one genre you just don't see enough of in manga is fantasy. A good fantasy type story is always a good read. Something similar to a anime called Orphan would be the best example I have here. May be worth considering in the future.

I’m not necessarily a great writer by any means, but I do have creative streaks where I come up with a concept or a setting and write it down somewhere. Most of these are like one or two sentences long and aren’t very well developed, but maybe if I share one it might get put to better use than collecting pixel dust in my phone. 

- A fantasy world (with magic) where an H-bomb spawns from the sky and explodes on a city killing millions and leveling it. Nations start preparing for war with eachother and tensions risebut no one knows who to blame. Will war ensue, or will the worldwide conflict be settled peacefully?

Hope this helps! 😊(If anyone needs ideas for stories I have a plethora of them, just DM me and ask)

Writing prompts are amazing for getting ideas flowing. I've created two separate multi-story universes from a handful of random writing prompts I've found over the years. There are some writing prompt sites that have like categorized prompts, so it's possible to find some that work together.

• Winner 1