favoritie console line & Games

Geano

Hay there guys I was just pondering something to talk about with everyone, and then this popped in my head. What is everyone's favorite console line, and games to play on it. This could be anything from retro to last year, or even things that aren't out yet.

For me this would be Nintendo, and PlayStation equally for different reasons. I like the playstation line for its wide verity of JRPGs, but I like Nintendo for Pokemon among other things.

I would say my all time favorite series on PlayStation line are Persona, Kingdom Hearts, Tales Of, SMT, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean. In terms of Nintendo I get more retro with the old Rare Ware titles Banjo Koozie, Mario 64, Paper Mario, Smash Bros, Yoshi Story, and more.

So what about everyone else whats your favorites, and why.

I've owned an nes, snes,  Playstation 1, 2, and 3, and I've played on a couple of other consoles, but since the newest thing I own is a PS3, that's my favorite. As far as games, I would have to say that the Metal Gear Solid lineup is one of my favorites for sure. I'm a fan of espionage, spies, double agents, politics. That kind of thing.

Edited by Nono
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Nono said:

I've owned an nes, snes,  Playstation 1, 2, and 3, and I've played on a couple of other consoles, but since the newest thing I own is a PS3, that's my favorite. As far as games, I would have to say that the Metal Gear Solid lineup is one of my favorites for sure. I'm a fan of espionage, spies, double agents, politics. That kind of thing.

Metal Gear Solid is really good. I have followed it from the beginning all the way through 5. Which console do you think it looks, and plays best on.

35 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Metal Gear Solid is really good. I have followed it from the beginning all the way through 5. Which console do you think it looks, and plays best on.

Hard to answer, I'll just take the easy way out and say the newer the better.

But, if I really had to pick a favorite to play on, I'd go with Sons of Liberty on ps2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nono said:

Hard to answer, I'll just take the easy way out and say the newer the better.

But, if I really had to pick a favorite to play on, I'd go with Sons of Liberty on ps2.

Yah thinking back on that it was kinda a long shot question there, but good choice of games all the same.

For me it's the Sony line, and heck I might as well cover each system really quick with a few great games to play. 

PS1: Spyro Trilogy, Crash Trilogy, Final Fantasy Trilogy, Chrono Cross, Metal Gear Solid, Cool Border Trilogy, Tony Hawk's Tetralogy.

PS2: Dot hack games, Dark Cloud games, Gran Turismo Games, Ratchet and Clank Tetralogy. Jak Tetralogy. 

PSP: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Jeanne D'arc, Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, Dissidia Final Fantasy games (seriously my favorite fighters ever, weird I know)

PS3: Uncharted Trilogy, Ratchet and Clank Future Games, Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, Bioshock Trilogy, 

PS Vita Games: Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa games, Tales of Hearts R, Ys: Memory of Celceta, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel games, Freedom Wars, All the Hyperdimension games. The Last of Us. 

PS4: Marvel's Spider-Man, Dot Hack GU Last Recode, God Eater (soon to be) Trilogy, Dragonball Xenoverse 1 and 2, DBFZ, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Dragon Quest XI, Tales of Berseria, Dragon Quest Heroes (not so much II).

That's just a few games for each Sony console I came up with mostly off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RepentantSky said:

For me it's the Sony line, and heck I might as well cover each system really quick with a few great games to play. 

PS1: Spyro Trilogy, Crash Trilogy, Final Fantasy Trilogy, Chrono Cross, Metal Gear Solid, Cool Border Trilogy, Tony Hawk's Tetralogy.

PS2: Dot hack games, Dark Cloud games, Gran Turismo Games, Ratchet and Clank Tetralogy. Jak Tetralogy. 

PSP: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Jeanne D'arc, Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, Dissidia Final Fantasy games (seriously my favorite fighters ever, weird I know)

PS3: Uncharted Trilogy, Ratchet and Clank Future Games, Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, Bioshock Trilogy, 

PS Vita Games: Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa games, Tales of Hearts R, Ys: Memory of Celceta, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel games, Freedom Wars, All the Hyperdimension games. The Last of Us. 

PS4: Marvel's Spider-Man, Dot Hack GU Last Recode, God Eater (soon to be) Trilogy, Dragonball Xenoverse 1 and 2, DBFZ, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Dragon Quest XI, Tales of Berseria, Dragon Quest Heroes (not so much II).

That's just a few games for each Sony console I came up with mostly off the top of my head. 

You have great taste in games. :) I was expecting .hack Persona, and Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep or any of the others to pop up by this point. Though it is always nice seeing a fellow Spyro fan. Which of those is your favorite. Have you played any of the newer ones?

• Like 1

I honestly prefer Sony and Nintendo systems. Nintendo for the Zelda franchise, the Pokemon franchise, the Metroid franchise, and some of the Mario titles. Sony just tends to get the best software library out of everything. I love nearly everything Square-Enix, so all of the titles like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, and some of the non-francishse titles are usual purchases for me. Though FF and KH usually get Nintendo handheld treatments too. By the way, has anyone seen the announcement of a remaster of The World Ends With You for Switch?

I like MMOs so I play those on PC.

• Like 1

So I have a PS2/3 and PSP, as well as a NDS and 3DS, though I mostly play on my PC these days. 

I loved the Ultimate Ninja, Tekken and Budokai series on the PS2, always played it with my brother. And MGS, ofc. Though I haven't played any MGS game that wasn't on the PS2 for some reason. And Persona 4, and the Final Fantasy games for the PS2

On the PS3 I continued with Ultimate Ninja Storm, but apart from that I don't think I played any other game series, just some random games here and there.

On the PSP I played Persona 2 and 3 (3 is still my fav Persona game) and Monster Hunter Freedem/2/Unite/Portable 3rd (The number of hours I poured into MHU is four-digit...), as well as some of the FF remasters. And again some random games here and there.

I played the Pokemon and Zelda games for the NDS, and MH4U and FE: Awakening on the 3DS

There was also a time when I played lots of games on emulators on my phone (I didn't have the older consoles like the GBA, PS1, etc...) resulting in, counting the other games on the PSP, PS2 and PC, more or less playing every FF game until 11. And many of the older Zelda and Fire Emblem games.

But in the last years I have predominantely played on my PC (though I want to get back to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!)

Overall, the game lines I enjoyed the most were the Final Fantasy, Persona and Monster Hunter games!

Overall the Sony PS lineup is good.

Games like Sly Cooper, Atelier series, Grim Grimoire, Rogue Galaxy...  honestly though it is mostly which console has the better games.

In the N64/PSX battle, they were fairly even with PSX having all the JRPGs and N64 having Zelda and platformers galore.

During the GC/PS2/Xbox era, PS2 far outshined everyone else with their library.

During the PS3/X360/Wii era, the 360 truly was better (the PS3's internal digital setup created an excessive amount of extra programming actually scaring away developers with the huge cost increase to make the games-all due to antipiracy being the goal instead of awesome games).

Now to me the PS4 is better (seems they learned their lesson) and back to the tried and true formula though I cannot comment on VR. I have the Sony VR but never tried the others.

I have too many games to comment on in detail. I love many of them but my memory fades with time. I must be getting old lol....

6 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

You have great taste in games. :) I was expecting .hack Persona, and Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep or any of the others to pop up by this point. Though it is always nice seeing a fellow Spyro fan. Which of those is your favorite. Have you played any of the newer ones?

I haven't played Skylanders, mostly because all the figurines end up costing a lot, but I did play the PS2 Spyro games, which we're okay. I honestly think people give them too much flak, especially since Enter The Dragonfly was forcibly rushed. I played a bit of the Spyro Legend series after it hit PS3, but due to my copy of the first one being one that suffered some serious bugs, I ended up watching the rest of it on YouTube. The original trilogy however, is my pretty much my favorite trilogy of all time. I've beaten the second and third ones over 50 times, and the first one, which is something of a comfort game for me, over 100 times. I'm super excited to try the Reignited Trilogy and see if the changes that are there work, such as hover mechanic looking so much different in the first two games from the gameplay we've seen. I do worry about the Dragons in the first game though sort of ruining part of the fun, since each dragon type seemed to suggest that each homeworld had different types of dragons, but from other gameplay we've seen, there's a dragon in Town Square that better fits the look of the Beast Makers Dragons. We'll have to see what happens, but I'm interested all the same. 

Playstation. I really don't play many other consoles, I own an X-box but I don't play it that much; Halo is really the only game worth-while on X-box imo. If I had to pick a second favourite however I would choose Wii, seeing as I love Zelda games and I find Mario games addicting. 

The best playstation games are God of war; with God of war being a playstation exclusive I don't see how any other console can beat it. Also Playstation controllers feel the best with fighting games, for example, Tekken which is my fave game. X-box controllers feel wierd, and Wii is really hard to use imo. 

• 2 weeks later...

XBOX lover at heart always hands down, N64 I use to have but still apperciate that old classic, I have played PlayStation never owned one though (hopefully I'll find the time to get a ps4 but who knows when that'll be). 

13 hours ago, Sassy said:

XBOX lover at heart always hands down, N64 I use to have but still apperciate that old classic, I have played PlayStation never owned one though (hopefully I'll find the time to get a ps4 but who knows when that'll be). 

Honestly even though I largely like the Playstation line more I cannot disagree that the XBOX line has brought us so many great things, and it honestly set the standards for online gaming in the console realm for everyone else. They are the reason, or at least one of the reasons Nintendo has fallen so far behind as Sony was quick to go for the same game as Xbox, but Nintendo stuck to their guns which ended up shooting them in the foot. They are in my opinion only just recovering.

• Agree 1