Smash Bros Ultimate

KeilynLocke

As a long time fan of the series who has followed it since the n64 days I am to say I am looking most forward to it. Looks really good from what I have seen so far. I like what apears to be the character line up too.

6 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Now that I have a Switch I can finally pay attention to this. 
I haven't had a smash game since Melee, and brief matches on friend's consoles in Brawl. Played sooooooo much of it on the N64, though, it was my brother and I's favourite game. I will happily play it offline as I'm not a fan of Nintendo's subscription practices. But I will likely be picking it up. Admittedly I haven't looked into the details of SBU much yet.

In my opinion Melee was, and still is the best version of the game. Though smash 4 was great as well for the WiiU. This new one should be even better since they seem to have combat macanics figured out unlike in brawl. At least I did not like how they were in brawl. Plus with the new Switch controller set up should be fun.

The storyline mode is the most intriguing aspect that I seen released so far, honestly. Brawl really didn't seem like it branched out from the Melee setup at all. I didn't play it much, but I honestly felt that the control systems was designed in a rush and wasn't as smooth as it could have been. I'm hoping that they've got a good system setup and I'm kinda hyped about a possible skill tree system in the Smash universe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

The storyline mode is the most intriguing aspect that I seen released so far, honestly. Brawl really didn't seem like it branched out from the Melee setup at all. I didn't play it much, but I honestly felt that the control systems was designed in a rush and wasn't as smooth as it could have been. I'm hoping that they've got a good system setup and I'm kinda hyped about a possible skill tree system in the Smash universe.

Ya the so called subspace story line in brawl more, or less sucked in my opinion. It was cool the first couple times I played through it though. I think a skill tree system would be hella fun honestly, and would make the game more challenging.

9 hours ago, Roxeg said:

I'm looking forward to playing Super Smash Brothers Ultimate this year.

What aspects are you looking the most forward in it.

2 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I can't remember which version it was, but was there not a system sort of like that already? It was a bit contrived but I vaguely remember there being a place you could customise each fighter and add a few stats. Though I agree a proper skill tree might be nice to have. A lot of competitive games have that working for them now, so I can put some faith in it working for Smash.

That would be really good for online compeditive play too if you can customize different move sets for your characters. That way you never really know exactly what your going to be up against online. Thats the thing with smash bros unlike other fighting games it is very predictable since it dose not relay on combos. With that said though that is kinda nice because some of those combos for games like street fighter, and any of the dbz/Naruto fighting games can be tough.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:03 PM, ArchieKun said:

Ya the so called subspace story line in brawl more, or less sucked in my opinion. It was cool the first couple times I played through it though. I think a skill tree system would be hella fun honestly, and would make the game more challenging.

What aspects are you looking the most forward in it.

Any game mode, but playing Zelda & Sheik.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roxeg said:

Any game mode, but playing Zelda & Sheik.

Kinda makes my want to play against you now. I will win at least a ggood amount of the time with Fox. Though it really depends on which smash we are talking about. The last con I was at I played smash 4 for the first time, and did rather well. Though not saying that would be the case out the gate with the newest one.

• Agree 1

Years ago, my Melee main character to play was a split between Roy and Marth. I was top three finisher with a switch off between them in a 30 player tournament back when Melee was only a year or so old. Lately, I couldn't hold a candle to most people because I haven't played any Smash game in years. It'll take me a while to figure out how good I can play Ultimate before I even attempt anything competitive. I also haven't played Mario Kart since like 2015, so yeah. A little out of practice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

Years ago, my Melee main character to play was a split between Roy and Marth. I was top three finisher with a switch off between them in a 30 player tournament back when Melee was only a year or so old. Lately, I couldn't hold a candle to most people because I haven't played any Smash game in years. It'll take me a while to figure out how good I can play Ultimate before I even attempt anything competitive. I also haven't played Mario Kart since like 2015, so yeah. A little out of practice.

Well I don't know exactly what this newest one is like till we get a chance to try it out, but if it is anything like Smash 4 it will be fairly easy to pick up. Smash 4 has very polished, and fine tuned controls. Not to mention very unique move sets for each character. very little character clones there. I have no reason to think Smash Ultimate will be much different.

5 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Well I don't know exactly what this newest one is like till we get a chance to try it out, but if it is anything like Smash 4 it will be fairly easy to pick up. Smash 4 has very polished, and fine tuned controls. Not to mention very unique move sets for each character. very little character clones there. I have no reason to think Smash Ultimate will be much different.

I touched Brawl for all of like 5 hours or so. And I never got the hang of any of the controls. So, I have no idea how motion controls will affect game play for me, but I may just need to get a different controller set up just for Smash. I honestly need to play my Switch more in the first play. I only have like 2.5 hours on Mario Odyssey and like maybe a dozen or so on Breath of the Wild. I only just managed the first Beast temple thing. And that was weeks/month or more ago.

Edited by KeilynLocke
clarification
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KeilynLocke said:

I touched Brawl for all of like 5 hours or so. And I never got the hang of any of the controls. So, I have no idea how motion controls will affect game play for me, but I may just need to get a different controller set up just for Smash. I honestly need to play my Switch more in the first play. I only have like 2.5 hours on Mario Odyssey and like maybe a dozen or so on Breath of the Wild. I only just managed the first Beast temple thing. And that was weeks/month or more ago.

Well when I played Smash 4 they had a controller set up similar to the classic controller so that made it easier. I wish I could remember exactly how it was configured, but for the life of me I can't. It was at a room party at a con though so while fun it was sorta forgettable.