๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฎ๐”‚ ๐“’๐“ช๐“ฝโ™ฅ

Persona

Hello, wonderful ones!

ย 

I'm just your friendly neighborhood alley cat.

Nickname:

Alley

Tidbits:

I'm a mother of a wonderful 5-year-old son and I am in my late twenties now.

I've been a fan of anime since I was a toddler tbh and I'm okay with it.

I'm not huge on anime/manga/video games as I use to be.

It comes with age, but I'm still a kid at heart.

I am down to earth, goofyย as hell, and love adorable things.ย 

• Like 3
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Hello and welcome to the forum . We are very glad you decided to join us. You'll find lots of great recommendations as well as cool people here. :) I too have been into anime since I barely was walking, but my interest has only grown with age. ^^ If you have any questions feel free to ask, and hope to see you around.ย 

• Friendly 1

15 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Hello and welcome to the forum . We are very glad you decided to join us. You'll find lots of great recommendations as well as cool people here. :) I too have been into anime since I barely was walking, but my interest has only grown with age. ^^ If you have any questions feel free to ask, and hope to see you around.ย 

Thank you so much for the welcome!ย เธ…(โ‰šแ„Œโ‰š)

9 minutes ago, Persona said:

Thank you so much for the welcome!ย เธ…(โ‰šแ„Œโ‰š)

Anytime you seem like a pretty chill person hope you have a good time here.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Thanks so much!

You are too kind for words.ย (โ—กโ€ฟโ—กโœฟ)

Welcome to the community.

Like @ArchieKunย my interest has mainly gone up with age, though it has more to do with my annoyance of how a lot of stuff where I live just does not seem to be enjoyable, or even have as much substance.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

4 minutes ago, brycec said:

Welcome to the community.

Like @ArchieKunย my interest has mainly gone up with age, though it has more to do with my annoyance of how a lot of stuff where I live just does not seem to be enjoyable, or even have as much substance.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

I would say that most taste change with age. The only difference is ones personal preferences of what they consider to be better with their age range.ย 

For myself, I use to give any anime a chance and watched a wide range of genres. Now it is narrowed down to more of a slice of life, psychological, dark and out of the box animes. Though I do fancy my mecha animes, just not as passionate as I use to be.ย 

P.s. Thank you for the welcome. /).(\

Edited by Persona
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Persona said:

I would say that most taste change with age. The only difference is ones personal preferences of what they consider to be better with their age range.ย 

For myself, I use to give any anime a chance and watched a wide range of genres. Now it is narrowed down to more of a slice of life, psychological, dark and out of the box animes. Though I do fancy my mecha animes, just not as passionate as I use to be.ย 

No problem.

Yeah, that is true that tastes change with age. For me, I kind of what to see some kind of story, where there is growth in the characters, such as those found in many of the routes in the Clannad VN.

I do enjoy comedies too, but in that area, I am more a fan of Barakamon and Baka & Test than Grand Blue.

I sometimes experiment with other genres though, as I might find something enjoyable, especially because if I stuff with detective, mystery, or crime fiction, things would be as tiring as the shows on Investigation Discovery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brycec said:

No problem.

Yeah, that is true that tastes change with age. For me, I kind of what to see some kind of story, where there is growth in the characters, such as those found in many of the routes in the Clannad VN.

I do enjoy comedies too, but in that area, I am more a fan of Barakamon and Baka & Test than Grand Blue.

I sometimes experiment with other genres though, as I might find something enjoyable, especially because if I stuff with detective, mystery, or crime fiction, things would be as tiring as the shows on Investigation Discovery.

I'm a sucker for mystery/crime genre in any given field. Clannad series and OVAs are definitelyย a favorite growing up. I recall Baka & Test! I really did enjoy that show, man I had forgotten about it. Silly me.ย o(๏ฝ€^ยด*)

2 minutes ago, Persona said:

I'm a sucker for mystery/crime genre in any given field. Clannad series and OVAs are definitelyย a favorite growing up. I recall Baka & Test! I really did enjoy that show, man I had forgotten about it. Silly me.ย o(๏ฝ€^ยด*)

I am too. If I do not read manga, that is usually the genre I look at.

Are you reading any manga in those genres?

I follow three series in particular, which Detective Conan, Q.E.D., and C.M.B. Out of those DC has the better mysteries, but the other two do have their own charm.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I have not read any manga as of late. I think itโ€™s been a year or so. I do recall C.M.B & Q.E.D (since they go hand in hand). When it has come down to manga, I mostly tend to read shoujo, some shonen, drama, and just oddball ones.ย 

Edited by Persona

43 minutes ago, Persona said:

You know, funny thing- Clannad was the first anime I ever watched (and still in my top 3) and sparks I cried so hard. Iโ€™ve rewatched both seasons twice and seen the opening episode and the Tomoyo arc (the first season OVA) too many tines too count.ย 

So after watching Clannad for the first timeย I wanted to watch something elseย tear inducing - but in a comedy way. I stumbled onto Baka and watched it as my second anime ever. And it also got me teared up, multiple times from laughing so hard. I have rewatched Baka too many times to count, and absolutely love the series. My friends and I still to this dayย debate over whoโ€™s better: Himeji or Minami (Himeji FTW!!!).ย 

Sadly I havenโ€™t watched much mystery anime, I guess the closest to mystery Iโ€™ve seen is Mirai Nikki and Death Note. I canโ€™t even begin to imagine what getting into a show like Detective Conan would be like (so many episodes! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ).ย 

Anyways, from one newbie to another, welcome to AF! Hope you like it here (I sure haveย so far lol).

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 hour ago, Persona said:

Hi Persona, welcome to the forum, hope you have fun here.ย And right on about your choice of anime. I too am in my late twenties,ย and lately I'm super into the dark/psychological genre. I'm enjoying how much some of these shows make you think as opposed to completely explaining everything that happens in the first episode.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

4 minutes ago, rd7 said:

You know, funny thing- Clannad was the first anime I ever watched (and still in my top 3) and sparks I cried so hard. Iโ€™ve rewatched both seasons twice and seen the opening episode and the Tomoyo arc (the first season OVA) too many tines too count.ย 

So after watching Clannad for the first timeย I wanted to watch something elseย tear inducing - but in a comedy way. I stumbled onto Baka and watched it as my second anime ever. And it also got me teared up, multiple times from laughing so hard. I have rewatched Baka too many times to count, and absolutely love the series. My friends and I still to this dayย debate over whoโ€™s better: Himeji or Minami (Himeji FTW!!!).ย 

Sadly I havenโ€™t watched much mystery anime, I guess the closest to mystery Iโ€™ve seen is Mirai Nikki and Death Note. I canโ€™t even begin to imagine what getting into a show like Detective Conan would be like (so many episodes! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ).ย 

Anyways, from one newbie to another, welcome to AF! Hope you like it here (I sure haveย so far lol).

Himeji for sure! Mirai Nikki is a favorite anime in general and Yuki defined the word yandere. Lol.ย  Death Note, lord...I both loved/loathed that series.

Also, thanks so much for the kind words and wonderful welcome!

ย 

3 minutes ago, Nono said:

Hi Persona, welcome to the forum, hope you have fun here.ย And right on about your choice of anime. I too am in my late twenties,ย and lately I'm super into the dark/psychological genre. I'm enjoying how much some of these shows make you think as opposed to completely explaining everything that happens in the first episode.

Hello, fellow late 20s friend! It's great to know lovely people who have similar taste as me.ย 

• Friendly 2

@Personaย welcome to the forum :) it is nice to see another cat around here...ย ย We're aย pretty plesant group with a wide variety of tastes toย talk about. I've found myself leaning towards reverse harems and romance as I age, but I still love my space operas snd darker series as well. Slice of life is something I enjoy on occasion. I enjoy crime/mystery anime as well but hsve had trouble finding good ones that do not hsve a hsrem as the main focus.ย  Seems to be a 50/50 shot with that genre for me.

• Friendly 1

7 minutes ago, Beocat said:

@Personaย welcome to the forum :) it is nice to see another cat around here...ย ย We're aย pretty plesant group with a wide variety of tastes toย talk about. I've found myself leaning towards reverse harems and romance as I age, but I still love my space operas snd darker series as well. Slice of life is something I enjoy on occasion. I enjoy crime/mystery anime as well but hsve had trouble finding good ones that do not hsve a hsrem as the main focus.ย  Seems to be a 50/50 shot with that genre for me.

ย Iย  mustย say, I do love your Cheshireย avatar.ย Definitelyย a favorite feline of mine.ย  I have enjoyed the wonderful users I've come across thus far.ย โค๏ธ

I was not much of a harem/reverse harem fan. But I will always enjoy Ouran Host and Love Hina when it came to harem.ย  I do understand with finding decent crime/mystery animes. It's very rare and not often is there a good one. The last one I've enjoyed was Erased.ย 

• Friendly 1

@Wedgyย ,ย Omgosh congratulations to having such a precious joy that will soon enter this world. It is certainlyย both rewarding and stressful (especially if it's being a first-time parent). But it is all worth it when you see your child smile at you and look at you with unconditional love. May everything goes well when labor day comes.ย 

The whole watching what fits my mood is very much me lately and I do have long-term commitment issues with shows. So, I always look for those good but shorts. Then I whine about it being too short. Lol.ย 

Likewise on seeing you around gorgeous! I appreciate the time you've taken to welcome me and share a little about yourself!ย 

Welcome!ย  I'm a lot older - over 3,000 (minecraft :) ) years - but I still like anime.ย  Books and games too.ย  Science fiction-y stuff mostly, with strong emphasis on the science.ย  Ghost in the Shell, Planetes, etc.ย  There's really nothing I won't try however, and I'll readily admit to liking things like Clannad as well.ย  I'm a binge-watcher and currently flipping between Cells at Work, Three Leaves, Magi, and We Rent Tsukumogami as time permits, with Goblin Slayer, Bunny Girl Senpai, Between Sea and Sky, and Ms. Vampire on my list once the season finishes.ย  Plus anything else that catches my eye along the way.ย  So much anime, so little time!ย  :D ย 

Again, welcome!

1 minute ago, efaardvark said:

Welcome!ย  I'm a lot older - over 3,000 (minecraft :) ) years - but I still like anime.ย  Books and games too.ย  Science fiction-y stuff mostly, with strong emphasis on the science.ย  Ghost in the Shell, Planetes, etc.ย  There's really nothing I won't try however, and I'll readily admit to liking things like Clannad as well.ย  I'm a binge-watcher and currently flipping between Cells at Work, Three Leaves, Magi, and We Rent Tsukumogami as time permits, with Goblin Slayer, Bunny Girl Senpai, Between Sea and Sky, and Ms. Vampire on my list once the season finishes.ย  Plus anything else that catches my eye along the way.ย  So much anime, so little time!ย  :D ย 

Again, welcome!

Oh wow. Lots of animes I have not heard of or have and have yet to watch. Oh, I will always love Ghost In The Shell. My favorite was the laughing man. I've watched plenty of shows along the lines of GITS. Brings back good memories. Lol. I'm honored someone as immortal as you have graced me with a welcome! Haha. ^_^

:oย Ooo, the way you described it had me wanting to know more. I will definitely try to watch it tomorrow then. It is my day off and my kiddo will be in school and the hubby at work. So I have the day to myself! Lol. The moments of peace you strive for. But itโ€™s the moment with them I live for. Iโ€™m so happy youโ€™veย finally succeeded!ย 

ย 

@Roxeg, thanks so much!ย 

Edited by Persona
  • Like 1

For some weird reason, I really like how you take your time to read every single reply and reply to them.

Oh, how rude of me, I haven't introduced myself yet! I'm the most annoying person on the forum, and I even gave myself a nickname to go with the forum's nickname. (See 'rank'.) I hope to see you around the forums, actively taking part in conversations. Do not disappoint me!ย 

Nah, I'm just kidding. I think I might actually be nice once you get to know me.๐Ÿ˜›ย 

@AniMeFReaK ,ย I do like to make sure I addressย everyone.ย โ™ฅ๏ผˆ๏พ‰ยดโˆ€`๏ผ‰

It is great to meet you! You seem pretty energetic and that is something I enjoy. So, I do hope to see you around as well. Thank you bunches for the welcome!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I didnโ€™t find it necessary to start a new Iโ€™m back topic. So, I will post it here. โค๏ธ

ย 

Unfortunetly, Iโ€™ve been busy due to holiday season and home renovations. On top of notย doing so well health wise. But I did miss being a weeb! Iโ€™ll start coming around more. But slowly. I hope everyone has been well and have enjoyed the holiday season! I send love with my cosplay character. โค๏ธDF3062F0-9ABE-4B95-A70D-E9F06439FBD6.thumb.jpeg.6a23e16fb4551f1d20bc160143360f3f.jpeg

Edited by Persona
  • Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1