Jump to content
Kuramura

My Introduction

Recommended Posts

Hello!  I'm Kurumi Nakamura, or Kuramura for short.  This name is just an online alias however.

I'm a 17 year old College student from the United Kingdom.  I'm studying Games Development and I'm hoping to go to University to study Games Technology (basically the programming side of game developing).  My two favourite hobbies are watching anime and playing games.

My favourite anime of all time is Puella Magi Madoka Magica and it would take something really special to change that.  I absolutely adore the abstract style by studio Shaft in this anime and the soundtrack is emotional and really captivating for me.  I also find the characters really interesting and the choices they make are very understandable (I won't mention any choices they make just in case someone hasn't seen it).

The game I'm playing the most at the moment is Onmyoji (which has characters voice acted by voice actors for anime).  I play on the global server and my in-game name is also Kuramura if anyone else plays and wants to add me as a friend! 😊 I also enjoy playing Touhou Project games now and again.  I'm really interested in the world in it but the game-play is awesome too (even if I'm not any good at it).

  • Like 3
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kuramura said:

Hello!  I'm Kurumi Nakamura, or Kuramura for short.  This name is just an online alias however.

I'm a 17 year old College student from the United Kingdom.  I'm studying Games Development and I'm hoping to go to University to study Games Technology (basically the programming side of game developing).  My two favourite hobbies are watching anime and playing games.

My favourite anime of all time is Puella Magi Madoka Magica and it would take something really special to change that.  I absolutely adore the abstract style by studio Shaft in this anime and the soundtrack is emotional and really captivating for me.  I also find the characters really interesting and the choices they make are very understandable (I won't mention any choices they make just in case someone hasn't seen it).

The game I'm playing the most at the moment is Onmyoji (which has characters voice acted by voice actors for anime).  I play on the global server and my in-game name is also Kuramura if anyone else plays and wants to add me as a friend! 😊 I also enjoy playing Touhou Project games now and again.  I'm really interested in the world in it but the game-play is awesome too (even if I'm not any good at it).

hello and welcome to AF-forums kurara-san~

i've seen madoka magica, and kind of understand what you mean by "understandable", certain ""best girls"" choices is really understood, but really saddening, couse, well, she's breaking herself by doing that, i also enjoy how she wields guns, (lets face it, mahou shoujou + guns + a certain spoiling ability, is a fun combo)

 

ah, i knew i heard of onmyoji before, i saw it on playstore, but never really bothered downloading it, is it a fun game ? is it turn-based ?!, or is it kind of like league ? (couse, i kind of suck at MOBA-type games on phones)

i also, dont really understand touhou project games, i've tried looking it up, but majority of what pops up is, a bullet-hell-themed game, which...is..well not my type of game, or atleast, one not good for my HP >.>

i have seen some touhou games on vita though, and do they look nice, reminds me of ZHP-styled game (or atleast, dungeon-crawlerish)

 

again, welcome to AF~!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, XII360 said:

hello and welcome to AF-forums kurara-san~

Thanks ^^

11 minutes ago, XII360 said:

i've seen madoka magica, and kind of understand what you mean by "understandable", certain ""best girls"" choices is really understood, but really saddening, couse, well, she's breaking herself by doing that, i also enjoy how she wields guns, (lets face it, mahou shoujou + guns + a certain spoiling ability, is a fun combo)

I agree, it really is a fun combo!

11 minutes ago, XII360 said:

ah, i knew i heard of onmyoji before, i saw it on playstore, but never really bothered downloading it, is it a fun game ? is it turn-based ?!, or is it kind of like league ? (couse, i kind of suck at MOBA-type games on phones)

I find it to be a lot of fun.  It is turn-based and there is another app called Onmyoji Arena which is like League.

11 minutes ago, XII360 said:

i also, dont really understand touhou project games, i've tried looking it up, but majority of what pops up is, a bullet-hell-themed game, which...is..well not my type of game, or atleast, one not good for my HP >.>

i have seen some touhou games on vita though, and do they look nice, reminds me of ZHP-styled game (or atleast, dungeon-crawlerish)

The official Touhou Project games are all bullet-hell games.  There are a lot of fanmade games which are not bullet-hell games though.  One of my favourites of the fanmade games is Touhou Big Big Battle.

Edited by Kuramura
deleting unnecessary spaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kuramura said:

I find it to be a lot of fun.  It is turn-based and there is another app called Onmyoji Arena which is like League.

i doubt ill enjoy onmyoji arena then, couse as i said, im not good at MOBA-games when played on phone xD

ill probably look up Onmyoji tomorrow on my phone though, since it is turn-based, that is, when im not busy-wishy on work, i might like it xD

1 hour ago, Kuramura said:

The official Touhou Project games are all bullet-hell games.  There are a lot of fanmade games which are not bullet-hell games though.  One of my favourites of the fanmade games is Touhou Big Big Battle.

looks pretty good (graphics wise, gameplay wise strangely reminded me of... this vid, mainly 4:32 to (how ever long you feel like watching, i just closed as soon as i found my referrence xD)

but also looks like a game where id get bored fast on (being fair, i got bored of that link game fast too, idunno why though)

incidentally, this is the game i mentioned that's kinda like ZHP (zettai hero project) which i kind of liked on touhou ?, i say i like, but i've yet to play it, but i sure would enjoy playing it >.>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, XII360 said:

incidentally, this is the game i mentioned that's kinda like ZHP (zettai hero project) which i kind of liked on touhou ?, i say i like, but i've yet to play it, but i sure would enjoy playing it >.>

Ooh!  That game's on my steam wishlist.  It looks pretty cool.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magi Madoka is definitely a good favorite. I have yet to see them all though! It is amazing you are on your career path to something you love and seem so dedicated. May it all go well and that you have plenty of success in your journey. Welcome aboard and hope we get to know you more. ^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there Kuramura welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here. :) If you have any questions or just need to chat don't be afraid I don't bite. See you around.

I do also want to say I think thats awesome your into game programing. I enjoy it as well, but more as a hobby then a career type thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kuramura Welcome to Anime Forums.
That's some useful information you shared, it's good to know. My cosplay for Halloween was a character from Touhou Project, if that catches your attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!  Programmer here too... mainly monitor and control s/w in a NOC.  Also gamer, book reader, and anime watcher as time permits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to AF @Kuramura, I hope you like it here! It’s a super friendly and chillaxed community, and I love it here (I hope you will too lmao).

Anyways, I’ve got massive respect for anyone who does game dev.! I’ve programmed bits and pieces here and there in many different languages and I can instantly say that programming anything in Unity (which is the only real game programming I’ve worked with) is SOOOO difficult and infuriating to work with. Mad props to you!

Also, I must agree that Madoka (I just shorten it to that 😂) is a true masterpiece. Every aspect of the show is amazing, and (being the music nerd I am) I loved the soundtrack so much I have it downloaded. (On a side note it made for the best Halloween music lol)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 3:51 PM, baejoohyun said:

Welcome 

Thanks :)

On 11/8/2018 at 6:02 PM, Persona said:

Magi Madoka is definitely a good favorite. I have yet to see them all though! It is amazing you are on your career path to something you love and seem so dedicated. May it all go well and that you have plenty of success in your journey. Welcome aboard and hope we get to know you more. ^_^

Thank you!

23 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Hello there Kuramura welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here. :) If you have any questions or just need to chat don't be afraid I don't bite. See you around.

I do also want to say I think thats awesome your into game programing. I enjoy it as well, but more as a hobby then a career type thing.

Thanks :) What kind of games do you like to program?

14 hours ago, Roxeg said:

@Kuramura Welcome to Anime Forums.
That's some useful information you shared, it's good to know. My cosplay for Halloween was a character from Touhou Project, if that catches your attention.

Nice!  Which character did you cosplay as?  Was it Flandre (since she is in your profile picture)?

13 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Welcome!  Programmer here too... mainly monitor and control s/w in a NOC.  Also gamer, book reader, and anime watcher as time permits.

Thanks!  That sounds interesting.  What languages do you use for that?

13 hours ago, rd7 said:

Anyways, I’ve got massive respect for anyone who does game dev.! I’ve programmed bits and pieces here and there in many different languages and I can instantly say that programming anything in Unity (which is the only real game programming I’ve worked with) is SOOOO difficult and infuriating to work with. Mad props to you!

I'm using Unity mainly at the moment.  It was difficult until I properly got used to what the program can do.  Of course, like every programmer, there are a lot of problems I run into all the time and I'm still quite new to C# so that makes it slightly irritating sometimes.  Even so, I really find it satisfying when I fix an issue I come across which gives me more enjoyment out of it ^^

4 hours ago, Glitter Spring said:

Hi there belated welcome.

Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kuramura said:

 

Nice!  Which character did you cosplay as?  Was it Flandre (since she is in your profile picture)?

 

I cosplayed as Sakuya Izayoi from Koumajou Densetsu. There's a picture in my profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roxeg said:

I cosplayed as Sakuya Izayoi from Koumajou Densetsu. There's a picture in my profile.

I just checked it out.  Looks awesome!  Sakuya is one of my favourites along with Flandre and Remilia :D

  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kuramura said:
16 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Welcome!  Programmer here too... mainly monitor and control s/w in a NOC.  Also gamer, book reader, and anime watcher as time permits.

Thanks!  That sounds interesting.  What languages do you use for that?

Perl mainly, but also python, java, C/C++.. whatever works.  I'm in realtime operations though so I don't often have the luxury of a design/develop/compile/debug cycle, or time to track down obscure resource allocation bugs.  Usually I go with the rapid-prototyping tools to patch things and leave it for the actual dev crew to come up with something more permanent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kuramura said:

Thanks :)

Thank you!

Thanks :) What kind of games do you like to program?

Nice!  Which character did you cosplay as?  Was it Flandre (since she is in your profile picture)?

Thanks!  That sounds interesting.  What languages do you use for that?

I'm using Unity mainly at the moment.  It was difficult until I properly got used to what the program can do.  Of course, like every programmer, there are a lot of problems I run into all the time and I'm still quite new to C# so that makes it slightly irritating sometimes.  Even so, I really find it satisfying when I fix an issue I come across which gives me more enjoyment out of it ^^

Thank you :)

Well I am a java guy a bit of a beginner, but I like playing around with it. I want to try some other things out though. I mostly have made RPGs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Well I am a java guy a bit of a beginner, but I like playing around with it. I want to try some other things out though. I mostly have made RPGs.

Do you work with others to make RPGs?  Those can be hard to make on your own :o Also, do you make them in 2D or 3D?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kuramura said:

Do you work with others to make RPGs?  Those can be hard to make on your own :o Also, do you make them in 2D or 3D?

So far mostly done 2D, and one text based one plus a few projects in RPG maker as well as Game Maker.

I have heard swift, and the C languages arre good for game programing I do know a little VB, C, and C++ though not to much. I can edit code pretty well though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ArchieKun said:

So far mostly done 2D, and one text based one plus a few projects in RPG maker as well as Game Maker.

I have heard swift, and the C languages arre good for game programing I do know a little VB, C, and C++ though not to much. I can edit code pretty well though.

Nice.  I tried out Game Maker once but I don't really like it that much compared to Unity.

Have you released any of the games you've made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kuramura said:

Nice.  I tried out Game Maker once but I don't really like it that much compared to Unity.

Have you released any of the games you've made?

Sadly no I have not may not be a bad idea to move this to messages though since its a intro thread, and all. I am more then happy to continue the convo that way. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!
×