rd7

Favorite Light Novel?

Ahhhh, the light novel - a short novel that (somehow) magically envelops a reader into a world in less than 300 pages. I love reading light novels more so than reading manga because of this- 30 min with a good light novel can feel like 5. 

So, to all who have read a light novel, what is your favorite light novel, and why? 

And to all who haven’t, you should totally take a series from a response and read it! Maybe it’ll get you hooked.

I know I’m not nearly as knowledgeable with my light novel readings as many on this forum, but my favorite light novel so far has been Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon. This series made me laugh so hard in so many different places, and while the writing style is, at first, unconventional, it really starts to give the series the vibe it needs. And even though there are few negative things to say about this series, once I started reading, it was hard to put down. 

Right now I am reading my first light novel: Is the Devil a Part timer? and am really liking it, especially because I haven't seen the anime. However I bought lots of light novels the last year: No game no life, Re:Zero, Your name, Magical girls raising project (I am looking forward this last one!). I also want to read Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon since the title sounds very funny!

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!