Which anime would you like to see another season of?

Persona

We all have come to this thought at one or several points in our lives: I wish -insert anime- had another season! 😭

You search high and low for any signs of a potential new season for however long it takes. Yet, there is no luck and you're only left with teasers and hearsay. 

So, if there was any chance for a favorite anime of yours to make a new season. Which would it be and why?

I have several, but for now, I'll start off with some zombies. 

Zombies.gif.d15a2372a72b735ebb29ff5a2f4e54d0.gif

Highschool of the Dead 

This was an awesome zombie apocalyptic show before The Walking Dead (not anime I know) even became it zombie show. 

Aside from the eye candy and huge tits display. The storyline was pretty solid and the zombie killing action was sweet. 

It would be great to have a continuation of it and not just in the mangas.

There has been a season 2 rumor for years and years. Such lying asses. It's like waiting for Kingdom Heart 3 (cept KH3 finally nudged).

Edited by Persona

Beautiful Bones: Sakurako’s Investigation definitely needs to pick up where things left off (an OVA series or movie at the very least).  Same with Land of the Lustrous.

For an old school shonen title, Flame of Recca.

And even though they’re not well reviewed, I personally would like to see Princess Resurrection & Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero get continued.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

Beautiful Bones: Sakurako’s Investigation definitely needs to pick up where things left off (an OVA series or movie at the very least).

I really did enjoy that show. I felt connected with her and I just enjoyed the mystery; which I'm a sucker for. That would be another great show I'd love to see another season of. 

For the others you've mentioned, I have yet to see them. But does build up my to-watch list. Thank you. 

So from what I am gathering here we are speaking of series that will likely never see a renewal. In my case I would have loved to see a season 2 of Fruits Basket at the time. There was one planned, but sadly it just did not pan out. Another that I would love a season 2 of is a series called Kajio. Its a sports echi series that is drawn very well, and has great story. It just ended after one season. Thats all I can honestly think of currently since most anime I watch tend to satisfy me even though a good number end early compared to their source manga. Though its anime not manga it isn't exactly cheep to produce so I am understanding of that even if I am slightly saddened by the ending of some series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

So from what I am gathering here we are speaking of series that will likely never see a renewal. In my case I would have loved to see a season 2 of Fruits Basket at the time. There was one planned, but sadly it just did not pan out. Another that I would love a season 2 of is a series called Kajio. Its a sports echi series that is drawn very well, and has great story. It just ended after one season. Thats all I can honestly think of currently since most anime I watch tend to satisfy me even though a good number end early compared to their source manga. Though its anime not manga it isn't exactly cheep to produce so I am understanding of that even if I am slightly saddened by the ending of some series.

Not sure if it qualifies as a season 2, but ...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-12/hana-to-yume-magazine-lists-new-anime-for-natsuki-takaya-fruits-basket-manga/.139273

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

Thats very interesting. Now I need to look into this further because that would be awesome if true.

Deadman Wonderland. It doesn't really need a season 2, it needs a complete redo. You want to talk about shows that pissed me off, this is it. 

After finishing the series, and being left with a whole hell of a lot more questions than answers, I decided to do some research on the matter.

So apparently, if you didn't read the manga, like me, don't even bother with the anime. There are so many things left out from the manga that it makes the show pointless to watch. I said the same thing after every episode, "hmm, I guess they'll explain it on the next one." Nope, never happened.

️I realize this might not be the right place for this rant, but I just needed to let that out. Good day.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Season 3 of Log Horizon. I had nearly given up on it (with him stopping writing during the tax scandal) but it seems my wish may yet come true! As long as he doesn't get blacklisted by the studios of course.

Other than that, Yona of the Dawn. Good series, plenty of book material a new season could cover, but I believe that the author said one season was good enough (she basically did one season for the exposure and hopes people will switch to the books thereafter ☹).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nono said:

Deadman Wonderland. It doesn't really need a season 2, it needs a complete redo. You want to talk about shows that pissed me off, this is it. 

After finishing the series, and being left with a whole hell of a lot more questions than answers, I decided to do some research on the matter.

So apparently, if you didn't read the manga, like me, don't even bother with the anime. There are so many things left out from the manga that it makes the show pointless to watch. I said the same thing after every episode, "hmm, I guess they'll explain it on the next one." Nope, never happened.

️I realize this might not be the right place for this rant, but I just needed to let that out. Good day.

I came here to post the same thing. Once the series ended I was left with a lot of questions and it looked like there was suppose to be a season 2 so I read the manga and that seemed to be the case. I know it was not a small minority that also felt this way, it was unfortunate to see the way this series went.

• Agree 1

On 11/14/2018 at 7:15 PM, Nono said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you here. It was a great series that really needed to continue. I won't spoil anything here though in case others have not seen it. Its just a sad case of not renewal due to funds likely, or lack of interest on the studio's part.

On 11/13/2018 at 3:40 PM, ArchieKun said:

That is correct! ^_^

On 11/14/2018 at 8:15 PM, Nono said:

Very much agreed! Unlike most animes, this series left out a lot of important information and pretty much just seemed like it was just a game with prisoners. But there's a deep-rooted reason behind it and whatnot. On top of that, there were barely character growth and just a lot of questions. It's like, at least get the basics down first. But what do I know? 

On 11/14/2018 at 9:58 PM, Beocat said:

Other than that, Yona of the Dawn. Good series, plenty of book material a new season could cover, but I believe that the author said one season was good enough (she basically did one season for the exposure and hopes people will switch to the books thereafter ☹).

I really adored Yona of The Dawn. I felt like it was a good first season and was so excited she was able to see him again. That confrontation after all that chaos. Yet, I hoped for a season 2 to continue where they left off. Just when she finally got some balls and determination...they cut us off! 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Comvex said:

I feel like one punch man could have a really good second season . I found the story very fun ,and it kept me engaged . although at this point sadly ... I don't think there will be a season two :(

Scheduled release date is April of 2019

Edited by Ohiotaku