Black Friday Deals snd Sales! (Check periodically for updates to main post)

Beocat

Hello all and I hope you have some money saved up for anime shopping this year!  I usually save half my anime budget for the Black Friday sales (happening earlier and earlier) and man are some looking good this year!

Head on over to Sentaifilmworks Online for some amazing deals (up to 85% off). Many of thier items are priced down to $3, $4, and $8 USD.  Check it out for some great deals (and for you reverse harem fans, they usually mark those down during this sale, so stock up while you can!

Rightstuf is doing thier yearly Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale as well (I believe they will do a 12 days of Christmas Sale too soon with Christmas Klues to save Santa) though the prices are nowhere near the discounts Sentai gives.

Funimation has a sale on as well with Bundles.

More to come as I find them and they open!

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Planning on picking up these titles over at Sentai:

Girls und Panzer der Film
Princess Principal Complete Collection
No Game, No Life Zero
Chivalry of a Failed Knight Complete Collection

Wanted to pick up K-On Season 2 Collection 2 as well, but that isn't even on back order for some reason.

One day - one day when I'm not some poor student (and if I were more inclined to reach deeper into my pockets) I'll buy all the box sets there is in the world :P 

But seriously, the Flip Flappers and Made in Abyss box sets look really nice and its probably considerably cheap to a not so stingy person >.>

• Like 1

I honestly love black Friday shopping, and not just for anime, or nerd cred either. Cloths, tech, and other things are always on my wish list. Though this year I work sadly. I do work part time at a retail store so they put me on the day shift, and I won't have money till the week after. Though I hope everyone who dose go shopping has fun, and is safe.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, Wedgy said:

Might actually try to see if I can trade in my phone this year since its paid in full and its kinda old. Waiting for Samsung to put out an advert but I'd like to get an S9. Dunno about anime since there's nothing I'd like to actually own. I'm content with streaming. :)

I know better than to shop in-store on a black friday. Now that we have online shopping as an option, I see no reason to endanger myself by going out. I worked retail briefly (temp holiday employment) when I was 18 and black Friday was a living nightmare I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Never did it again. Stay safe @ArchieKun

Thats a pretty good idea if you can get a discounted contract for a new one. Though one word of caution for you. Black Friday tech can sometimes be manufactured for sale on that day. Its cheaper literally because its made cheaper. This is true of computers especially laptops, PCs, even refrigerators. With the current trend in tech where the high quality stuff in terms of phones is always 1k, or more it is something to be aware of. A lot of cell providers will even send you a refeb phone if yours is damaged and you go through their insurance for example.

Well, I'm in Canada, but we still celebrate in the Black Friday festivites (I've decided it's its own holiday now. I mean, Canada already had its Thanksgiving ages ago, so like, why wouldn't we just participate in the sales the States seem to go crazy for?)

I never thought about getting anime like that before though! Maybe next year I'll consider it. This year, I decided to splurge on two PS4 controllers. Mine is bronze (not gold, blegh. Apparently the bronze is a "New Colour!" according to the package), and BF got a super dark blue controller. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kohloo said:

Well, I'm in Canada, but we still celebrate in the Black Friday festivites (I've decided it's its own holiday now. I mean, Canada already had its Thanksgiving ages ago, so like, why wouldn't we just participate in the sales the States seem to go crazy for?)

I never thought about getting anime like that before though! Maybe next year I'll consider it. This year, I decided to splurge on two PS4 controllers. Mine is bronze (not gold, blegh. Apparently the bronze is a "New Colour!" according to the package), and BF got a super dark blue controller. 

I am not 100% on this, but I believe black Friday has its roots with the ggreat depression and for businesses to have a chance to make it into the black in terms of profit. Thats why it has such a meaning the states from what I understand.