Best pokemon (not starter) for nuzlock silver

Comvex

I think you make your own rules. Like only one Staryu. Or Fainted pokemon are dead pokemon. You could even do a "only use pokemon with water abilities (like misty or a gym leader). The rules you make are just supposed to make the game harder to play.

Well I normaly use my starter untill the first gym were im able to find a early pokemon . Then once the frirst gym is over I get rid of my starter . if it faints I cant use it also no pc or pokemon center

Edited by Comvex

I would have to say after thinking on this for a bit I would go with Snubble as it is fairly tanky, and dose not have to many weaknesses. That will enable it to power through the game without dying, or needing to be boxed. I have never attempted a nuzlock myself though if I did I would likely opt for the box them method over release just so I knew what I had over time even though I would be bared from taking them back out of the box again.

Or I was going to go with a slowpoke + quick claw using curse , but I think Snubble would be good as well .  Snubble would be a good choice because slowpoke is really unreliable in battle mainly because slowpoke has a base speed of 15 . 

1 hour ago, Comvex said:

Or I was going to go with a slowpoke + quick claw using curse , but I think Snubble would be good as well .  Snubble would be a good choice because slowpoke is really unreliable in battle mainly because slowpoke has a base speed of 15 . 

That isn't a bad way to go about it either. Slowpoke can learn a lot of movies across multiple types plus he dose not have to many weaknesses either. I was trying to mainly think of only Joto Pokemon, but I suppose Canto Pokemon are present there too.

10 hours ago, Beocat said:

I think you make your own rules. Like only one Staryu. Or Fainted pokemon are dead pokemon. You could even do a "only use pokemon with water abilities (like misty or a gym leader). The rules you make are just supposed to make the game harder to play.

Pretty sure this is actually just a permadeath run, check out this page: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

Only capturing the first Pokemon in an area is listed as one of the mandatory rules for a Nuzlocke.

Edited by drill

Just now, drill said:

Pretty sure this is actually just a permadeath run, check out this page: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

Only capturing the first Pokemon in an area is listed as one of the mandatory rules for a Nuzlocke.

Thanks I was useing  nuzlock as a term for  a pokemom challenge ,but it good to know the official rules too so thank you .:)

Just now, Comvex said:

Thanks I was useing  nuzlock as a term for  a pokemom challenge ,but it good to know the official rules too so thank you .:)

Yep, no problem ^^  Also, to answer your original question, I think anything with more balanced stats like Arcanine would help out a lot.  Don't remember how accessible it was in Silver though.

2 minutes ago, drill said:

Yep, no problem ^^  Also, to answer your original question, I think anything with more balanced stats like Arcanine would help out a lot.  Don't remember how accessible it was in Silver though.

Yeah Arcanine is good ,and you can find growlithe on rought 127 I think .