Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (Spoilers)

Greeneyes

Hello All I'm here to vent my disappointment on the new series Ulysses with a HUGE major issue about the story so if you like the show PLEASE try to convince me otherwise that its not a garbage trash show... 

Now down to the issue, the show starts off a with an ok beginning introducing a curious nice boy excited about alchemy and is surrounded by 3 girls off the bat, he wants to become a alchemist but one of the girls which he likes gets taken away to fight in a war (they look young btw so weird) so he does  ritual to summon help to save said girl and gets a fairy that guards the philosophers stone and to use the power he needs to do some special liquidation to it but ends up passing 7 years in a moment for him and than we are than brought to him traveling continuing to turn the rock to a liquid and ends up GIVING THE DAMN POWER TO A NEWLY INTRODUCED SECONDARY CHARACTER so basically episode one was useless and the MC has been switched and the original MC is completely useless since he will be carried by the new MC which has the power so yeah bad show.

Edited by Greeneyes
  • Agree 1

I wasn't expecting anything great after the first episode, but actually thought it was a decent prospect for the season. I didn't mind that it wasn't historically accurate & was even prepared for it to get kinda ecchi after the time skip. But I was totally unprepared for how cringey it got in the second episode & their depiction of Jeanne was completely unlikeable.  I gave it one more episode to try to redeem itself somewhat, but nope still hated it. When I say I dropped it, I don't mean onto the backlog pile,  I mean dropped into the bottomless abyss never to return.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Agree 1

From what I read here I can agree with you in a lot of ways. The plot dose not seem to satisfying though it dose not sound like the worst thing ever either. I have seen far worse anime plots then this.