Thanksgiving

Cure Nightcore

Driving from work the night before 5 hours to my parents home. Will crash there in my old room for the night, get up and help mom cook for Thanksgiving, then sleep there and get up at 2am to drive back to work, work the day then drive home 6.5 hours and crash on the couch with my husband. 

Will be fuuuuun.  The food promises to be worth it. The fun with my parents does too lol.

• Like 1

Dear @Glitter Spring,

I'm looking forward to a day off from work. My parents will be out of the country, visiting their parents, so I'll be alone. I'm sure one of my brothers will be cooking up a feast though. I might just go crash one of those partys.

Sincerely, Nono.

• Like 1

Since today is now truly thanksgiving I figured I would ask here what is everyone gonna make for their feast?

For my family we do a fairly traditional dinner turkey, rolls, mash etc. How about you guys?

Since our parents passed, me & my sister's family just go out to eat now instead of the big home cooked meals. Invited some close family friends along as well this year. I actually went with ham this year instead of the traditional turkey, but otherwise standard holiday fare. Most unconventional had to be my 12 year nephew who had the salmon. Just stopped by my house to let out the dog before heading over to their place for some family time.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Silly me forgot to turn my alarm off for today, I have it set on "weekdays", so I woke up too early for a day off. 

My parents are out of town, so my brother invited me to a bar he frequents, they had a huge thanksgiving buffet set up. There was at least 25 different dishes. But unfortunately, the food wasn't very good, I had one plate and was done.

The bosses at my job gave every employee a free turkey and some sides, I stashed it in the freezer and hopefully when my folks get back, we'll have a redo of this day.

With all that being said, though, it's very nice to have a paid day off. Back to the daily grind tomorrow, and then get ready for the weekend.