Sign in to follow this  
Glitter Spring

Thanksgiving

Hi everyone this is Glitter Spring speaking,

What are you all going to so for thanksgiving break? Something exciting, boring, cool, or business. Talk about your epic day that will happen on the holiday.

Yours Truly,

Glitter Spring

Would be great if it were epic, but it is just a meal with the family, and five children under 8.

• Like 1

Driving from work the night before 5 hours to my parents home. Will crash there in my old room for the night, get up and help mom cook for Thanksgiving, then sleep there and get up at 2am to drive back to work, work the day then drive home 6.5 hours and crash on the couch with my husband. 

Will be fuuuuun.  The food promises to be worth it. The fun with my parents does too lol.

• Like 1

I work unfortunately. T_T Also family is in another state so can't see them this holiday however I'll see them Christmas time.

We went to my inlaws and I was unfortunately not feeling well enough to eat much. But I got to see the niece and nephew and that made up for it because it had been a few months and they got so big when I wasn't looking. My nephew is going to be bigger than me in no time (I am not tall. Lol.) 

Will be going out to eat with my sister, her husband & my nephews.

Well I am bagging at my local clothing store on thanksgiving itself. Though that weekend my fiance and I are going to have dinner at my parents. Can't wait for that spiced turkey.

Dear @Glitter Spring,

I'm looking forward to a day off from work. My parents will be out of the country, visiting their parents, so I'll be alone. I'm sure one of my brothers will be cooking up a feast though. I might just go crash one of those partys.

Sincerely, Nono.

• Like 1

I cringe when I go to Thanksgiving and see the Christmas tree out . It just really bugs me !

• Like 1

I work unfortunately. I just want to sleep in Christmas eve.

• Funny 1

Hope everyone enjoys their day/weekend

tumblr_nlwihaIms61r826sbo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Since today is now truly thanksgiving I figured I would ask here what is everyone gonna make for their feast?

For my family we do a fairly traditional dinner turkey, rolls, mash etc. How about you guys?

Since our parents passed, me & my sister's family just go out to eat now instead of the big home cooked meals. Invited some close family friends along as well this year. I actually went with ham this year instead of the traditional turkey, but otherwise standard holiday fare. Most unconventional had to be my 12 year nephew who had the salmon. Just stopped by my house to let out the dog before heading over to their place for some family time.

Edited by Ohiotaku

Silly me forgot to turn my alarm off for today, I have it set on "weekdays", so I woke up too early for a day off. 

My parents are out of town, so my brother invited me to a bar he frequents, they had a huge thanksgiving buffet set up. There was at least 25 different dishes. But unfortunately, the food wasn't very good, I had one plate and was done.

The bosses at my job gave every employee a free turkey and some sides, I stashed it in the freezer and hopefully when my folks get back, we'll have a redo of this day.

With all that being said, though, it's very nice to have a paid day off. Back to the daily grind tomorrow, and then get ready for the weekend.

In my case I literally had 4 Little Deby cakes of various forms a cookie 3 pieces of cheese and chips not happy with myself.