That Time I got Reincarnated as a slime

Ashukatski

13 minutes ago, Nono said:

I've been hearing about it, but I've yet to see it. What's it about?

Hmm well, I would look into it for extra speculation, however ill give the best summary I got XD /   So then, the anime itself revolves around the main protagonist and first takes place in modern Japan. After certain circumstances (Trying not to give away the plot to much), the main protagonist finds himself sent to a fantasy world as a slime. He then meets a Tsundere "beast" in the cave he "spawned" in and then tries to find away to free said beast while going on a huge adventure in the process. /       That probably wasn't a very good explanation but I've always been bad at summary's XD Anyways, i'd give it a shot, it's really good.

Can't say I have a proper opinion as I have never sat down to it. I have only heard the name once at a con, anf again just now. Though from the art I can well at the very least its well drown. I would be serious to see this series.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Can't say I have a proper opinion as I have never sat down to it. I have only heard the name once at a con, anf again just now. Though from the art I can well at the very least its well drown. I would be serious to see this series.

I highly reccomend to chill and watch it when you have some free time. Im quite fond of this anime and your right, the animation is pretty great. I enjoy that aspect a lot as well  xD

• Like 1

Modern day Japanese salaryman "dies" and wakes up in an RPG themed world in the body of the weakest of all characters (a slime). However, this slime has some rather unique abilities that quickly make him a force to be reckoned with in this fantasy world. Things start rather slow, largely focusing on the MC becoming acquainted to this new setting and trying to find a purpose in it and the humor is rather subdued. This was also the problem of the series initially, because it struggled to distinguish itself from other similar OP MC Isekai series (not as dark or intricate as Overlord, not as wacky as Konosuba, not as ecchi as How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord). But recent developments have made the story more  interesting as well as emotionally engaging. Currently I would rank it as my #3 of the dozen series I'm watching from this season. I recommend checking it out, but give it some time to grow on you.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Modern day Japanese salaryman "dies" and wakes up in an RPG themed world in the body of the weakest of all characters (a slime). However, this slime has some rather unique abilities that quickly make him a force to be reckoned with in this fantasy world. Things start rather slow, largely focusing on the MC becoming acquainted to this new setting and trying to find a purpose in it. This was also the problem of the series initially, because it struggled to distinguish itself from other similar OP MC Isekai series (not as dark as Overlord, not as wacky as Konosuba, not as ecchi as How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord). But recent developments have made the story more  interesting as well as emotionally engaging. Currently I would rank it as my #3 of the dozen series I'm watching from this season. I recommend checking it out, but give it some time to grow on you.

I agree, that was very well put m8😁 

9 hours ago, Ashukatski said:

I highly reccomend to chill and watch it when you have some free time. Im quite fond of this anime and your right, the animation is pretty great. I enjoy that aspect a lot as well  xD

Sounds like it just got added to my list for series to must watch. Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 2

Haven't watched it yet but it's definietly on my never ending watch list currently I gotta catch up on anime been to busy with work these days. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sassy said:

Haven't watched it yet but it's definietly on my never ending watch list currently I gotta catch up on anime been to busy with work these days. 

I feel that m8, work is tough. But I definitely reccomend it when you have some free time😁

• Informative 1

It has started out great. For now it's light and fun. The main character is somewhat an anti-normal hero but it still has the atmosphere of other shounen anime that promote the ideals of friendship. But the comedy is great and the writers seem to avoid the boredom that come with such anime somehow. It's refreshing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tisu said:

It has started out great. For now it's light and fun. The main character is somewhat an anti-normal hero but it still has the atmosphere of other shounen anime that promote the ideals of friendship. But the comedy is great and the writers seem to avoid the boredom that come with such anime somehow. It's refreshing. 

True though, its very entertaining

On 11/26/2018 at 9:14 PM, Ashukatski said:

So, I didn't see a thread on here about the "That time I got reincarnated as a slime" anime and I was wondering, what do you all think about it? I'm liking it so far  ≧◡≦

転スラ1.jpg

Dude this anime is righteous. I really didn't think I was going to like it based on the premise but was strong armed into it after a friend start watching it and was rather surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I love the series! The characters are loveable and ironically enough, #relatable. The main protagonist is the most compassionate and easy going character to exist (in my opinion). Not to mention the tempo of the story development is comfortable. Then again, once you get to like ep. 5. . . . things start to pick up.

1 hour ago, Yanushi-Chan said:

So far I love the series! The characters are loveable and ironically enough, #relatable. The main protagonist is the most compassionate and easy going character to exist (in my opinion). Not to mention the tempo of the story development is comfortable. Then again, once you get to like ep. 5. . . . things start to pick up.

Up to Episode 7 now and really bummed...not going to spoil it but I'm sure you know why. Anyway, hooked like its crack so eventually it may end up in my top 10, or even top 5 if it continues this way. REALLY want to talk about it deeper, but would spoil it and don't want to do that for those that haven't watched it...which if this is you WATCH IT! 😆 You seriously won't be disappointed.

Those of you that are watching it, what do you think about what happened with this episode? 

Last week's episode (11) didn't do a whole lot for me (despite Shion's hawhtness). But I really enjoyed this week's (episode 12) and am looking forward to the big battle. I totally hate Gabiru, though. Try to excuse it as pride all you want, he's still a jerk & an idiot. If he survives I hope he learns his lesson

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Last week's episode (11) didn't do a whole lot for me (despite Shion's hawhtness). But I really enjoyed this week's (episode 12) and am looking forward to the big battle. I totally hate Gabiru, though. Try to excuse it as pride all you want, he's still a jerk & an idiot. If he survives I hope he learns his lesson

F*****g Right

Edited by Greeneyes

16 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Yooo gabiru is the wooooorst, i really dont like him😂😂

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching episode 14 and ... Holy ****, eek.gif
If this episode had aired a week earlier THIS would be my nomination for best series of the Fall 2018 season and it would definitely warrant better than an honorable mention for the year. As it stands, the bar Has definitely been raised.

And even though we'll have to wait a week to see Gabiru's redemption, I believe learning that Master Gelmud considered him nothing but orc chow ought to sufficiently humble him.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 1 month later...

Thought I would give this thread a bump since it seems like the series is shifting gears away from the OP character defeats supposedly major enemy with ease and gains new allies formula.  I thought it really worked well with the Orc Lord, but was getting kinda stale with Millim & Charybdis.

Looks like Rimuru is finally trying to resolve some of Shizue’s unfinished business & we finally know how the kids in the ED fit into things.

Edited by Ohiotaku

13 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Thought I would give this thread a bump since it seems like the series is shifting gears away from the OP character defeats supposedly major enemy with ease and gains new allies formula.  I thought it really worked well with the Orc Lord, but was getting kinda stale with Millim & Charybdis.

Looks like Rimuru is finally trying to resolve some of Shizue’s unfinished business & we finally know how the kids in the ED fit into things.

Agreed, however, I am a fan of the OP MC cliche so there is a solid 15% of me who was salty that Rimuru didn't reck Charybdis- also I'm wondering because they didn't show much detail in this part. Rimuru absorbed Charybdis's "heart" so does that mean that Rimuru got another bump of power or what?? Any thoughts?

I'm a little sad there's only 5 more ep. left makes me wonder how its gonna end either big battle or cliff hanger for season 2! My actual guess would be Kimura saves the children and satisfies Shizu's regrets.