That Time I got Reincarnated as a slime

Ashukatski

I heard from some people around the net that they really enjoy this anime and it's good to them in their opinion about it. I remember attempting to try watching it, though I only got to 10 minutes of it then I stopped and went to do something else. It's not like I don't like or wanna watch it but at least for right now that is I'm not so into the idea of watching it and getting into it. I have other anime's I like to watch right now or re-watch favorites of mine plus old school anime at this time. Maybe.. I will pick it back up sometime down the line who knows. 

7 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

Agreed, however, I am a fan of the OP MC cliche so there is a solid 15% of me who was salty that Rimuru didn't reck Charybdis- also I'm wondering because they didn't show much detail in this part. Rimuru absorbed Charybdis's "heart" so does that mean that Rimuru got another bump of power or what?? Any thoughts?

I'm a little sad there's only 5 more ep. left makes me wonder how its gonna end either big battle or cliff hanger for season 2! My actual guess would be Kimura saves the children and satisfies Shizu's regrets.

I haven't read any of the novels so I don't have any definitive knowledge of what's coming, but I have some expectations based on the OP & ED. I'm guessing there will be at least one more big fight since the OP showed some evil looking characters who haven't appeared yet (one of them looked like a girl with butterfly wings and another like some sort of golem(?) ). As far as the kids, the ED shows them in a very happy/carefree light, so at the very least I don't expect any of them to die. I doubt Rimuru will confront Shizu's summoner this season though. Likewise I don't expect things to be resolved with the demon lord who used  the harlequins to manipilate Geld & Phobio.

36 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

I heard from some people around the net that they really enjoy this anime and it's good to them in their opinion about it. I remember attempting to try watching it, though I only got to 10 minutes of it then I stopped and went to do something else. It's not like I don't like or wanna watch it but at least for right now that is I'm not so into the idea of watching it and getting into it. I have other anime's I like to watch right now or re-watch favorites of mine plus old school anime at this time. Maybe.. I will pick it back up sometime down the line who knows. 

If the 10 minutes you saw were from the beginning, it really isn't indicative of the series overall tone. I can totally understand not being in any hurry to watch it though if you have other ones that interest you. While I find it enjoyable overall, I wouldn't call it a "must see" (probably #3 or #4 of my currently watching list but unlikely to break into my all-time favorites.

Thoughts after watching episode 21:

So Shizu's students have pretty much been allowed to do whatever they want since she left because no one else can control them thanks to their powers. I thought it was funny how Rimuru relied on Ranga's intimidating presence to keep them in line until he earned their respect . Chloe is my favorite of the Summoned Children, but her facial expression in that one scene makes it pretty clear her quiet disposition is hiding something. They finally address the fact that Shizu was able to survive for decades even though they say children who are summoned only last 5 years at the most, pointing them in the direction of a potential solution.

As much as I enjoy this show, they really do make things too easy for the protagonist,  not just by making him OP and able to win the trust of others with ease. But also by the series of "coincidences" that always seem to present a solution (his luck attribute must be through the roof :lol:)

Edited by Ohiotaku

On 2/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Thoughts after watching episode 21:

Reveal hidden contents

So Shizu's students have pretty much been allowed to do whatever they want since she left because no one else can control them thanks to their powers. I thought it was funny how Rimuru relied on Ranga's intimidating presence to keep them in line until he earned their respect . Chloe is my favorite of the Summoned Children, but her facial expression in that one scene makes it pretty clear her quiet disposition is hiding something. They finally address the fact that Shizu was able to survive for decades even though they say children who are summoned only last 5 years at the most, pointing them in the direction of a potential solution.

As much as I enjoy this show, they really do make things too easy for the protagonist,  not just by making him OP and able to win the trust of others with ease. But also by the series of "coincidences" that always seem to present a solution (his luck attribute must be through the roof :lol:)

No doubt on his luck, first time he finds an opponeny stronger than himself he instantly befriends her because of food! 

Also since he became a slime hes had this constant detached feeling for someone who used to be human. Maybe its just me. 

• Agree 1

He certainly dosn’t seem to miss his old life any, though he’s used his knowledge of otaku culture to his benefit at times.

The thing that gets to me though is that he got all excited about meeting female elves for the first time in that one ep. But now he’s hanging out in a hot spring with nekkid Shion, Millim & ogre priestess and doesn’t even seem to notice. He’s definitely not a normal “guy” anymore :lol:

Edited by Ohiotaku

54 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

He’s definitely not a normal “guy” anymore

Well of course not.  He's a slime!  :)

Is he even a "he" anymore?  I mean, he can be a she if he wants, right?  If she wants.  Er, it?

Besides, anyone that can change shape at will like that has .. other options anyway.

I do notice that he still spends a lot of time nestled under Shuna's and Shion's boobs though.   :)

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

BTW - speaking of that bath scene - what's up with all those other, much smaller slimes in there with them that seem to be clustering around Rimuru?

Don't know the official answer but my best guesses:

a) they're the slime equivalent of rubber duckies

b) Rimuru underwent cytokinesis

c) some wild slimes decided to crash the party (like those red face snow monkeys)

:P

Or d) Rimuru's been up to something off-screen with Shion and Shuna and those are his(?) kids.  I mean, if it were cytokinesis they'd basically be clones.. iow, the same color, and I'd expect them to be roughly the same size.   Instead they're smaller, and different colors.  Not that he couldn't change size and/or color if he wanted as well but... pretty suspicious if you ask me.  Maybe he's chill with the girls in the bath because hey, been there, done that.  :D 

So the girl with the wings turned out not to be  what I was expecting (a bit too similar to Millim IMO). Some interesting information on Demon Lord Leon too. And the scenes of Ragna frolicking with the kids were just too cute :lol:

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-17/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season/.144657

Not really a surprise it's getting a second season. Personally, I hope they start out with maybe trying to elaborate more on the first season's final arc (Shizue's students) because it felt really rushed.

It has it’s enjoyable elements, but can be frustrating as well. The biggest probelm I have is it makes it way too easy for the MC to overcome whatever obstacles he’s facing.  And the final arc was too rushed, even though it seems like it’s pivotal in what happens next. If you watch through the end of episode 14 you saw the best of it IMO (and I actually was satisfied with how they wrapped up the Orc Lord arc). The rest of it largely seemed like unrealized potential. I’d give it a 7 out of 10. 

If you’re looking for a fantasy isekai, I think Shield Hero is more engaging, though it has it’s shortcomings as well.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've liked it so far, though IMHO it seems to lack direction.  New characters come and go, sub-plots present and resolve themselves, but even after so many episodes I still don't really have a sense of where the writers are/were going with the overall story.  At one point it brought to mind a game called The Settlers that I used to play.  :)  It kind of has that feel of one of those that will be popular and go on forever yet never really gets anywhere and after a while starts to seem repetitive.  If all it is is a series of boss battles then I may wind up dropping it.  The next season will be key.

2 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

The biggest probelm I have is it makes it way too easy for the MC to overcome whatever obstacles he’s facing.

I had that sense as well.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, so I was wondering if anyone here read the manga or light novels for it because I’ve rewatched the first season 3 times now and wanna see/read more but for the life of me I can’t find a any solid info about where season 1 ends compared to where in the books it is. I know for the most part that some things have been left out and or it jumps a bit so I don’t mind if I have to go through a couple of chapters if need be to get to where the anime is. If anyone has any good info about it I would really appreciate it!!

Edited by CosmicWolf

• 4 weeks later...

So seems like a lot of new content is in the works:

Season 2 is supposed to debut sometime in 2020, though an exact date hasn’t been set.

A 2nd OVA episode is supposed to become available on CR & Funi’s sites on 12/4/19, though it’s sounds like it will be an excuse for  fanservice more than anything (similar to the 1st one)

And an article on ANN says a 3 part OVA story involving Rimuru teaching Shizu’s students is in the works https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-11-26/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-anime-gets-3-more-original-anime-dvds/.153702 While not guaranteed, the fact that the other OVAs have been made available online make it likely they will be too.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 weeks later...

So the new OVA episode (about the village having a sumo tournament) played out pretty much as expected. Funniest moment was probably Rimuru trying to explain the rules to everyone. As far as individual characters, I think Millim had the best moments (poor Gabiru 🤣), though Treyni was a surprising bit of eye candy. Nothing special overall & actually think the previous OVA (about the lake monster) was more entertaining.

Edited by Ohiotaku