modern song, or 1900's song's ?

XII360

(drake)drake_photo_by_prince_williams_wireimage_getty_479503454.jpgR-9914123-1488458277-3737.jpeg(westlife)

so yea, was wondering, couse inside our laboratory, they usually play old songs (like westlife songs), and west life is kinda my, childhood song ?, and i semi kinda have them memorized, i used to love them, still do xD

but that's beside the point, what i wanna know is, what do you guy's, of AF-forums, prefer, do you prefer modern song's (i.e, songs made by drake, eminem, etc, just recent singers songs), or do you prefer songs made by 1900's people, (i.e, song's made by westlife, linkin' park, backstreet boys, etc)

i personally, kinda like old songs, more than recent one's, dont get me wrong, some of the recent song's are good, but god damn, you just cant beat the classics sometimes, (though to be fair, this is coming from a guy, who majorly listening to japanese songs, rather than english-songs >.>)

but yea, what about you ?!, do you prefer old songs ?, new-modern songs ?, which band do you know of in the past ?, which band/singer do you like in our current modern time ?, lets have a discussion below~!

and as always, 49531366-vintage-christmas-baubles-with-

happy premature x-mas guys >:D

Oh @XII360.  If I said neither, what would you say?

I do like some old 90s songs, but I mostly listen to instrumentals and alternative music and classical singers (opera). Most songs made these says are not inspiring to me. I enjoy my Frank Sinatra records and a lot of older music, from before my time. 

If I said most modern music makes me cringe or annoyed, would you think less of me?  Maybe I'm just stuck in an era before my time.

• Informative 1

47 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Oh @XII360.  If I said neither, what would you say?

I do like some old 90s songs, but I mostly listen to instrumentals and alternative music and classical singers (opera). Most songs made these says are not inspiring to me. I enjoy my Frank Sinatra records and a lot of older music, from before my time. 

If I said most modern music makes me cringe or annoyed, would you think less of me?  Maybe I'm just stuck in an era before my time.

majorly for me, 90's songs are neat, for recent ones.. well, i dont really understand some of the recent song trend, couse i mean, i too listen to J-pop/songs more over than english-songs (i mean, if you asked me who other singers were, 90% of them, id probably not know who, i actually just recently found out who drake is couse, well... we have a x-mas party on 15, and we supposedly have a "music icon", or "cosplay as a famous singer", and everyone tells me id fit "drakes bill", assuming i let my beard grow, and wear an orange jacket >.>)

so yea, getting back on topic, not really, i wont think less of you, everyone has their own tastes, and i myself, dont really like modern songs much, unless its jpop (i mean, atleast 90's songs had some meaning, modern songs now a days, is full of swearing, hell, "drakes kiki song", is wierd, and i dont understand how i should memorize it, i dont think i need to, soo... lll just remember few lines, and worse comes to worse, have it play and act like im singing or something >.>

• Like 1

@XII360  well, I'm relieved you didn't ask about the rock people say I must be hiding under for not loving the new music lol.  I always wanted to inherit my grandfather's records someday (won't happen, but oh well.  I'm sure my hateful aunt will trash it so no one else can hsve it to remember him by.). He has some great big band pieces and good dance music from the 50s and all. Tried to teach me to dance once but...lets face it, I do well enough to walk without tripping and landing on my face as it is.

• Like 1

Honestly growing up in the 90s O have to go with 90s mucus on this one if it comes down to what I prefer. Though I have heard some decent stuff come out in the last few years though it has been lately from artists that have been producing content for many years now. Far as up and coming singers not to much into that at least from the west. Now once you start talking kpop/jpop, or any Japanese/Koren music honestly I am far more forging toward the newer stuff.

Rap is one of the main genres that I listen to, and if we're going by what they played on the radio back then, and what they play today, 90's all day.

With that said, there's plenty of good music today, it's just harder to find cause there's so much poo to sift through.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nono said:

Rap is one of the main genres that I listen to, and if we're going by what they played on the radio back then, and what they play today, 90's all day.

With that said, there's plenty of good music today, it's just harder to find cause there's so much poo to sift through.

That is so true though at least there is still some hope for some music.

I tend to stick more to alternative and metal as far as domestic(to me) music. I despise 95% of modern Rap and R&B. The only good modern rappers are on Youtube and the current king, Eminem. The rest probably couldn't produce a meaningful song even if a top tier song writer just handed them a fully finished song. I apologize if that offends anyone, but I find modern rappers to be giant caricatures.

As far as pop goes, it generally all sounds the same to me. I like listening to some of it, especially Bruno Mars and P!nk, but I have to really like a track to listen to much modern stuff produced here in the states that isn't alternative or metal.

100% 1900's songs. I love songs from the 80's like take on me, eye of the tiger etc. Rick Astley is one of my favorite singers and I love all his songs. The 1900's had good songs, meaningful songs; meaning is something anyone would be hard pressed to discover in music today. 

Modern music is terrible and harmful to humanity and our culture. It's all about sex and money and sex and more sex. Just a bunch of mindless idiocy that people listen to without realizing that the messages from the songs subliminally influence their minds. 

Because of my hatred for modern music, I listen to almost only metal and emo bands; especially emo because emo bands have such deep meanings put into their lyrics. Emo bands like MCR, TOP, FOB, Icon for hire and P!ATD are my favorites (P!ATD #1). 

Edited by SAO LILDOOP
  • Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I have an affinity for songs from the late 70's through the 90's since those were the days of my youth, but I still hear new songs on the radio I like as well.

Some of my favorite groups/artists: ELO, Journey, The Outfield, Phil Collins, Tom Petty, Pat Benatar, Walk the Moon, Imagine Dragons, Gorillaz, Bruno Mars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

I have an affinity for songs from the late 70's through the 90's since those were the days of my youth, but I still hear new songs on the radio I like as well.

Some of my favorite groups/artists: ELO, Journey, The Outfield, Phil Collins, Tom Petty, Pat Benatar, Walk the Moon, Imagine Dragons, Gorillaz, Bruno Mars

I think honestly that has a lot to do with it. The type of music, or more likely the style of music we grow up with, and thereby get imprinted with tends to be what we go for as adults.