Need some recs

Nono

Question

So I'm looking for something with the vibe of Metal Gear Solid. Or also the show Homeland on Showtime.

Something that involves politics, espionage, double agents and anything along those lines. And if it has excessive violence, that would be a plus, lol.

The last thing I watched was the movie Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade, and it hit a bunch of those ticks, but it was too short. I need some more.

Thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

Maybe try Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

There's also an older series called Patlabor & She, the Ultimate Weapon (Saikano) on HiDive

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Maybe try Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

There's also an older series called Patlabor & She, the Ultimate Weapon (Saikano) on HiDive

6 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Blue Gender would fit this criteria well at least in terms of politics there is much called into question about many surprisingly touchy topics in this series.

After some research, Blue Gender and Gundam have my attention for sure. Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, Nono said:

After some research, Blue Gender and Gundam have my attention for sure. Thanks guys!

Anytime you may also wish to check out Blue Seed as well. Its less political in a governing body sense, and more on the morel boundary breaking sense. Though if you like Blue Gender as well as any of the Gundams honestly you'll enjoy it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Anytime you may also wish to check out Blue Seed as well. Its less political in a governing body sense, and more on the morel boundary breaking sense. Though if you like Blue Gender as well as any of the Gundams honestly you'll enjoy it.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. All these will peobably keep me busy til the end of the year.

1 minute ago, Nono said:

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. All these will peobably keep me busy til the end of the year.

Thats a long time for Blue seed, and Blue Gender considering both series are a mere 26 episodes. Gundam depending on which one is a bit longer though. Even so I doubt a year unless your really busy which I understand as I have been very busy doing a lot of things what with the holidays.

2 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Thats a long time for Blue seed, and Blue Gender considering both series are a mere 26 episodes. Gundam depending on which one is a bit longer though. Even so I doubt a year unless your really busy which I understand as I have been very busy doing a lot of things what with the holidays.

Maybe you misunderstood? The end of the year is in like three weeks!😊

Just now, Nono said:

Maybe you misunderstood? The end of the year is in like three weeks!😊

Oooh lolz indeed on my part. You meant this year in terms of calendar. Ya that would take about a month to do all 3 series then.