Absolute Duo

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]Absolute-Duo-2.thumb.jpg.4e6c2944e581d2e14c80396aee837570.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The story begins with Blaze — a weapon that is the manifestation of a human's soul. Tooru Kokonoe happens to be qualified for this, but for some reason his Blaze is not a weapon, but a shield. Moreover, he enrolled in a school that teaches combat skills, and thanks to the school's Duo partner system, he ends up living with a beautiful silver-haired girl.
This anime feels a LOT like Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari considering he gets a shield as a weapon, when everyone else gets a normal weapon. If its even half as good as Tate no Yuusha, then I'll probably watch the entire thing. Any thoughts on it?

• 3 weeks later...

Not nearly as good as if Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari was adapted, but I guess I'll give it a few more episodes.[spoiler=Episode 1]I was actually looking forward to the person that the MC beat being one of the characters, as she was probably the most interesting. Hopefully she comes back somehow

I found this pretty average. I think I'm worn out from harem and ecchi from Date a Live and Sora no Otoshimono. Thing is those two had some very interesting Sci-Fi hooks. Absolute Duo's hook is these Blaze armaments, but it's just not drawing me in yet. The silver haired character Julie is cute.

Throughout the episode though I got the sense that Tooru's voice sounded really familiar... and indeed it's the same seiyuu that did Kirito from Sword Art Online.

Well, the second episode was good enough that I decided to stick with this.[spoiler=Episode 2]While I had a feeling that they would be an official duo, they did have me wondering otherwise for a second.

Second episode was better and Julie was adorable as usual, but where are the action scenes that we see in the OP? Hope it picks up soon. >_<

On a random note, the school IDs are pretty elaborate looking:

[spoiler=Julie's school ID]

absolute-duo-julie-school-id-card.thumb.jpg.144ad14e6d708bc6c2536500b300e17c.jpg

Hm... they seem to be speeding this along a bit faster than expected.

[spoiler=Episode 3]While I was expecting the teacher to be up to something, I thought that she was a terribly made character, and having a classmate betray them would have worked so much better. However, the episode wasn't bad at all, and even caught me off guard on how they ended up winning.

[spoiler=Episode 4]The introduction of the blond haired girl added some excitement to the episode. Otherwise, not too much different from the previous episodes. Also, the bipolar teacher is back... why...? :?

[spoiler=Episode 5]This episode actually had potential if he chose Lilith. Not that she is the better character or anything, but it would have made for a better set up of the characters. Strangely enough, she does seem powerful enough to take on the entire second year class solo.

@Optic: You can if you want, but the characters don't really improve much. Sadly, I feel that characters in Juuou Mujin no Fafnir are more developed than this. At any rate though, it does have more fighting and better animation than Juuou Mujin no Fafnir.

Actually was a pretty good episode this week.

[spoiler=Episode 6]I thought it would be at least a few episodes to rescue her, but Tor is apparently more capable than that. Lilith is actually turning out to be a decent character, and I hope she wins within the harem members. I'll actually be satisfied as long as it doesn't stay a harem, and Tor chooses someone. Although, without a doubt, that someone would be Julie.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this week's episode wasn't all that good.[spoiler=Episode 7]First and foremost, they really need to choose someone as Tor's harem just keeps growing. Personally, I think Miyabi is the best girl as it seems that she has the most room for development. Julie is just kinda annoying and half of what she says is 'Ja'. Lilith is the only other real competitor, and I wouldn't mind if she won, but it seems highly unlikely as Tor turned her down earlier in the show twice.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 8]I was actually hoping that Miyabi and Tor hooked up, and maybe they will, but I highly doubt it since Julie seems to be the main girl as well as there only being 4 episodes left.

[spoiler=Episode 9]Well, that was a letdown of an episode. Not only did Tor have to stop Julie, but Miyabi feels the need to join the other side just to get Tor to like her. However, this might force Tor to rescue her and chose her at the ending. If he still chooses Julie though... :?

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I kinda forgot why I'm still watching this :P

[spoiler=Episode 10]Given that there are only two more episodes left, Miyabi will be something of the final boss, and Tor will convince her not to fight after getting a huge beating himself. Miyabi will then turn on that idiot person that Julie could have beaten up before, and beat the crap out of him. Of course, Tor will stop her just like he did with Julie, and let him live. He will almost get backstabbed, and either Julie or Miyabi will save him. If it goes according to this story line, it is still possible that Miyabi will actually end up with Tor in the end. Whatever happens, I just hope its not an open ended harem.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 11]Okay, they completely flopped any chance of this having a come back. Going the Miyabi route was what should have happened, but then they just ditched her, and gave this lame scene about being a real Duo, and why she should not be the main heroine (okay, maybe not the latter, but it was heavily implied). Julie should have been the one that was forgotten about. She is the WORST character in an already bland show.

• 2 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic