Who is your Family Man/Woman of Choice?

Beocat

So, this thought came to mind after a conversation that my best friend and I had the other day.  I asked her, if she could marry an anime character, who would it be and why?  Of all people...she said Vegeta (DBZ).  Her reasoning blew me away.  She said, all things considered, he was a great family man.  He was loyal to Bulma, active in his kids lives, a great father (much unlike Goku who was always beefing up and let Piccolo raise poor Gohan more than he did himself), and just an all around great family man.  She said to me that although she has had many paramours that she has desired over her time watching anime, if she had to marry one, she would want him to be a good family man (and none of her other paramours really had any qualities that would make them a good father). 

This lead me to thinking....my husbando is Captain Harlock.  Would he have been a good family man?  >_>  In consideration of the anime, probably not.  He leaves his goddaughter at a school where she is bullied by her own caregivers (and he knows it, she's being used repeatedly as bait) and treated worse than a neglected slave at times.  He only decides to bring her onboard when he has no choice (she is carried off by aliens to another place in the universe altogether).  He actually holds his promise to his friend higher than the happiness and safety of his own goddaughter.  Family man material?  Probably not >_>  Emeraldas really was worse...family woman material?  Definitely not.  Making a loyal partner?  Both probably would...Emeraldas did to her husband to an extreme in fact.

So, in consideration of all of this, is your husbando or waifu good family man/woman material?  Would they make a good parent (try not to judge them through the rose colored glasses of your affections)?  Would they make a good husband or wife?  Is there someone else that you would probably actually marry with a family in mind, other than your current husbando or waifu?  What are some of the characteristics that make them a suitable parent or perhaps, make them entirely unsuited to parenting?

For me it would be one of the following hard to chose, but here are the likely options. I know I cannot chose I am a horrible person lol.

Kagome from Inuyasha

Chie from Persona 4

Sayori from DDLC

Natsuki from DDLC

Ran from Detective Conan

Rias Gremory from High School DXG

Tohru Handaa from Fruits Basket

• Dislike 1

54 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

For me it would be one of the following hard to chose, but here are the likely options. I know I cannot chose I am a horrible person lol.

Kagome from Inuyasha

Chie from Persona 4

Sayori from DDLC

Natsuki from DDLC

Ran from Detective Conan

Rias Gremory from High School DXG

Tohru Handaa from Fruits Basket

You must be one of those people who want a harem....lol.

Anyways, what makes them good family material to you?  Or do they?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beocat said:

You must be one of those people who want a harem....lol.

Anyways, what makes them good family material to you?  Or do they?

Don't judge me for having way to many anime crushes I love them all :)

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

So, in consideration of all of this, is your husbando or waifu good family man/woman material?  Would they make a good parent (try not to judge them through the rose colored glasses of your affections)?  Would they make a good husband or wife?  Is there someone else that you would probably actually marry with a family in mind, other than your current husbando or waifu?  What are some of the characteristics that make them a suitable parent or perhaps, make them entirely unsuited to parenting?

only one huh,

well, my one "for protecting" is kud (Little busters), also sawatari (Fureraba), so much protecting that i feel i cant wed them

though the topic is about family and wed, and i clearly wont wed them, for i cannot lewd them, (even though they come from a novel, that's kinda R18, my logic sucks)

id probably go for...holy crap this is harder than i expected, first one to pop was illya, but id go to jail, 

so one that is of legal age, next to illya would be...

latest?cb=20170317094247 this girl right here, haruna from KC, i feel she would be a "good wife" rather than the other two girl's i though up of (and i feel one would kill me for not picking her)

why her ?, couse she's a boat couse she has the best hair, hands down 10/10, caring, and pretty much the one i use allot during my time when i played KC, even went so far as to want to put a ring in her and get her past level cap when i played xD, initially, i feel haruna would also care for her children, but then again, majority of women do care for their children ;o

as for the other two, ill spoiler it, couse im adding pics xD

also, it has 2 semi-huge images, so you have been warned? idk, wont really lag your net or anything tho'

the other two i thought up of was...kyutihime 

image.png.c71994b12dbd103b28a85ffed72db13e.png couse, man, shes best girl, and clearly, lewdable af, but i could clearly die if i ever lie to her, and my children, may or may not be safe from those lies, that i cannot tell, and or guarantee, she probably will also murder me for picking haruna over her, 

the other one is, c5fd76b3130215d5b235d48c0acfce3b.jpg suzuka gozen~ for best fox girl, but on the scale of kyutihime or her, im not sure which is the bestest, i clearly really like kyutihime, but i also like gozen, not sure if she would also be a good wife too though, i cannot confirm, nor deny that she would be nice to my kins, she might lewd onto them 

if you noticed something in the 3 girl's main clothing, you might notice im into something xD 

• Like 2

I actually think Ila (my anime waifu) would be a good parent. She's very supportive, while at the same time not such a push-over that she won't tell you if you're acting like a jackass (Louie is quite the man-child himself afterall). She's not the sort to go gallivanting off on an adventure, as she realizes that's not where her strength lies, choosing instead to contribute with her intelligence (both book-smart & business savvy). She will get involved directly if that's what the situation requires, but isn't ashamed to ask for help when she needs it. And she would probably emphasize the importance of a good education to her kids. The only possible negative I can think of is there is an episode where she engages in a drinking contest, but that was for Louie's benefit and she gives a good accounting of herself (until the next morning anyway  :P)

runesoldierilacap13.jpg
Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Agree 1

Hana, from Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki seems to be a great mother to her children. Just look at the things she does for her children throughout the movie - and all of these alone!

Kouhei Inuzuka seems to be a good husbando, considering that he tries his best to raise his daughter just shortly after his wife died to the best of his abilities and trying to make things fun for his daughter.

13 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Oh heck yes. Steve Harrington is mom of the year. 

Also, I agree with your friend. I actually liked Vegeta a lot more than Goku as a character across the board. I would argue he had the most extensive positive development in the entire Dragon Ball franchise. 

Yes, yes, yes!  Steve would make a great husbando and father!  He's probably got the heart of every woman or girl who has ever watched that show :)  I even said it to my husband.  He really cares about those kids.  Vegeta definitely made the best overall growth in the DBZ series.  I had never considered things from a "family" point of view before.  He totally is a good father.  It's actually hard to find good examples of fathers in anime, or perhaps I can simply name more bad examples than really good ones lol. 

13 hours ago, XII360 said:

...holy crap this is harder than i expected, first one to pop was illya, but id go to jail, 

so one that is of legal age, next to illya would be... this girl right here, haruna from KC, i feel she would be a "good wife" rather than the other two girl's i though up of (and i feel one would kill me for not picking her)

why her ?, couse she's a boat couse she has the best hair, hands down 10/10, caring, and pretty much the one i use allot during my time when i played KC, even went so far as to want to put a ring in her and get her past level cap when i played xD, initially, i feel haruna would also care for her children, but then again, majority of women do care for their children ;o

as for the other two, ill spoiler it, couse im adding pics xD

also, it has 2 semi-huge images, so you have been warned? idk, wont really lag your net or anything tho'

Reveal hidden contents

the other two i thought up of was...kyutihime 

image.png.c71994b12dbd103b28a85ffed72db13e.png couse, man, shes best girl, and clearly, lewdable af, but i could clearly die if i ever lie to her, and my children, may or may not be safe from those lies, that i cannot tell, and or guarantee, she probably will also murder me for picking haruna over her, 

the other one is, c5fd76b3130215d5b235d48c0acfce3b.jpg suzuka gozen~ for best fox girl, but on the scale of kyutihime or her, im not sure which is the bestest, i clearly really like kyutihime, but i also like gozen, not sure if she would also be a good wife too though, i cannot confirm, nor deny that she would be nice to my kins, she might lewd onto them 

if you noticed something in the 3 girl's main clothing, you might notice im into something xD 

Hmm...yeah...Illya is definitely in the 'minor gonna get a visit from the police' kind of waifu...too young to have kids too lol.  I love your reasoning...  "she has the best hair" lol....I guess pretty kids is important too :)  But seriously, caring for your kids and being the type to actually be active in their lives are two different things (for example, my own father cared for myself and my siblings greatly, but he expressed that love by staying at work long hours and basically being absent from my childhood - he regrets that severely now and goes out of his way to be around for his grandchildren, having realized all that he missed and that material possessions wasn't what we really wanted).  I'm going to guess though that you meant she'd be pretty active in their lives.  I agree with your assessment of Kiyohime entirely.  She strikes me as a Madea character (who if you all recall in the myth did murder her children after Jason sought to marry the King's daughter) for sure. 

8 hours ago, leinwandname said:

Hana, from Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki seems to be a great mother to her children. Just look at the things she does for her children throughout the movie - and all of these alone!

Kouhei Inuzuka seems to be a good husbando, considering that he tries his best to raise his daughter just shortly after his wife died to the best of his abilities and trying to make things fun for his daughter.

Hana gave up everything for her children, so they could choose to be what and who they wanted to.  Definitely a good mom, though if the community had not reached out to help her their first year there, I cannot imagine they would have survived winter.  It was an all or nothing move to the countryside.  Amaama to Inazuma is one of those on my list to watch someday :)

9 hours ago, Nono said:

My waifu would be perfect. Keiko from Yu Yu Hakusho. Very intelligent, and also has unconditional love for her man, even though he puts her through a lot.

Keiko actually would be a good one, I agree.  She's mild mannered but doesn't let herself be pushed around.  I can see her being a very caring parent and a responsible one too.  Yusuke can act like a man-child at times and she seems to have a pretty good handle on him for the most part lol..

13 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I actually think Ila (my anime waifu) would be a good parent. She's very supportive, while at the same time not such a push-over that she won't tell you if you're acting like a jackass (Louie is quite the man-child himself afterall). She's not the sort to go gallivanting off on an adventure, as she realizes that's not where her strength lies, choosing instead to contribute with her intelligence (both book-smart & business savvy). She will get involved directly if that's what the situation requires, but isn't ashamed to ask for help when she needs it. And she would probably emphasize the importance of a good education to her kids. The only possible negative I can think of is there is an episode where she engages in a drinking contest, but that was for Louie's benefit and she gives a good accounting of herself (until the next morning anyway  :P)

Reveal hidden contents

runesoldierilacap13.jpg

You know, I could see that too, though I don't think that drinking alcohol necessarily means you won't be a good parent.  If she had a child to go home to, I don't think she would have participated.  Haha :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kaga Koko said:

Kasumi tendo fits as good wife cause she knows how to take care of her family .

On the basis of the topic in mind I have to agree with you fully on this. Kasumi tendo is like the super mom and wife that never was. Everyone in the house respected her to some degree.

• Like 1

I have a lot of different husbandos in mind, but I would say out of all mine, I would choose Vegeta.  My reasons are he was the main character that seemed to have some serious growth on the show and never became boring.  He has proven time and time again to be an amazing family man willing to do anything to make them happy and unlike Goku, HE STICKS AROUND AND RAISES HIS KIDS AND INVOLVED WITH HIS FAMILY.  lol  I love his character even his flaws because that is what makes Vegeta, Vegeta, yet they aren't overbearing.  He is also a great friend that would do anything for them.  I would consider myself lucky if I ever found a guy like that .  The pride is the biggest flaw, but even he is able to acknowledge when it is time to push it away for the better of his family and friends.

• Winner 1