Shinobi War

Madara

Hello guys, I wanna make a discord server and every month will be a "Shinobi War" on the game Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, every members of the server will choose 1 character and the winner will get prizes like money, games, etc.

What do you think about this?

• Like 1

Normally advertising is against the guidelines here at AF, but sounds like your looking for advice on how to get something like this off the ground which is more then fine. :)

Far as how I would go about it definitely keep real money out of the picture. For one that creates expectations that can be hard to meet. Plus a lot of software companies including game companies may demand royalties if you are profiting even indirectly from their software. As far as what you can do is gift a paid discord service for aa month to the winning member. Though with that said having ran a discord server in the past I can say starting small is best and adding things like big events later after you have a reacquiring group is best. I suggest streaming on Twitch, or even doing some videos for YouTube and talk about your server there to get people interested. Above all just have fun and take it small steps and see where it goes.

Also moving to gaming since it relates to discord.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Normally advertising is against the guidelines here at AF, but sounds like your looking for advice on how to get something like this off the ground which is more then fine. :)

Far as how I would go about it definitely keep real money out of the picture. For one that creates expectations that can be hard to meet. Plus a lot of software companies including game companies may demand royalties if you are profiting even indirectly from their software. As far as what you can do is gift a paid discord service for aa month to the winning member. Though with that said having ran a discord server in the past I can say starting small is best and adding things like big events later after you have a reacquiring group is best. I suggest streaming on Twitch, or even doing some videos for YouTube and talk about your server there to get people interested. Above all just have fun and take it small steps and see where it goes.

Hello ^_^
Thanks for your suggestions and also sorry for the inconvenience about advertising, but it was just a question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madara said:

Hello ^_^
Thanks for your suggestions and also sorry for the inconvenience about advertising, but it was just a question.

No sweat it was borderline admittedly, but I understand your intentions. :) You for your attention to that though. Glad I could help. Best of luck in your pursuits.

On 12/10/2018 at 4:19 PM, ArchieKun said:

Discord isnt a game ITS A SERIOUS APPLICATION.

• Like 1