Unlimited Fafnir (Juuou Mujin no Fafnir)

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]s771hLA.thumb.jpg.d8784f3e3a3fc855df7263ee3e42e467.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

In the "unlimited school battle action" story, the world was transformed by the sudden appearance of monsters known collectively as dragons. Before long, girls known as "D" were born with the dragons' powers. A boy named Yuu Mononobe is the world's only male "D," although his existence is kept secret. He is forced to enroll into Midgar, a school for "D" girls, where he see a female student Iris naked. Moreover, he is reunited with his long-separated little sister Mitsuki.
This anime looks alright at best. I don't really expect too much from it, and it will probably be one of the first to get dropped if my schedule gets too busy, or if it just goes downhill.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't expecting much, but they were pretty much able to mess up everything. Bad plot, character development, pacing, school design, you name it, they did it wrong. I guess not watching this frees up some time to watch some other anime on my plan to watch list though, so I can't complain too much.

A bit better than the first episode. I figure I'll watch this for the rest of the season.[spoiler=Episode 2]They finally have detailed scenes which is much better than a practically empty classroom, or a giant underground box as their training ground. Either they didn't know what they were doing during episode one, or they have more money due to having a sponsor. If this goes in the direction of Yuuki Yuuna or Madoka Magica, it could actually turn out alright.

• 2 weeks later...

This last episode was actually pretty good.

[spoiler=Episode 4]Tear was actually a good character to introduce, and is a good mix along with Iris. Also, that bath scene where they all had swimsuits and were completely cramped was hilarious xD

I haven't started watching this yet. How's the animation on this one? Any interesting character candidates for the gallery? ;)

The animation is pretty bad actually, and the most recent episode which was the best one, there was absolutely no fighting whatsoever. I will warn you, the first episode is crap, so don't base it on that. It picks up here and there, but don't expect more than what you saw in Black Bullet. As for the gallery, I would suggest Iris, as she is the best girl.

[spoiler=Episode 5]Hm... alright, I guess. It had much more potential than what it showed. Also, the president is turning out to be an interesting character. I have a feeling that she probably has as much strength that the MC has given her laid back personality.

[spoiler=Episode 6]They drew this episode out a bit too much, as the conclusion could have been easily reached within this episode. Although, it was interesting to see that the MC isn't as OP as he could be. They are clearly going to win, but I kinda wanted to see the president's power in action.

• 2 weeks later...

I really just lost interest in the characters and story, and have so much stuff I'm watching, that I decided to drop this; especially since I don't even know if it will just be a one cour anime, or if it will aim for being two cour, but utterly fail.

• 11 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic