Conception WTF

Greeneyes

Anyone else watch at least 5 min of conception yet? I mean you need to only see the first 45 seconds to have your jaw dropped, but before I say anything SPOILERS of course sostop reading otherwise continue.

I have only seen the first episode but so far a super summary of the show would be transported to another world, and the mc needs to have sex with 12 girls to go home.... WTF how did this become an anime?! is this just weird to anyone else? I mean they had to sit down and be like this novel needs a manga needs an anime...

What are your thoughts?

I watched the first episode and decided it was one of the worst anime I’d ever seen. One and done.

Ironically there are a series of PlayStation games based on the same source material and according to CR it was the most watched anime of the season in Iraq & Syria

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/11/05-1/crunchyrolls-most-popular-fall-2018-anime-by-state-province-country

Edited by Ohiotaku

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

I watched the first episode and decided it was one of the worst anime I’d ever seen. One and done.

Ironically there are a series of PlayStation games based on the same source material and according to CR it was the most watched anime of the season in Iraq & Syria

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/11/05-1/crunchyrolls-most-popular-fall-2018-anime-by-state-province-country

The only anime I seen like that this season was Ulysses.

18 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

The only anime I seen like that this season was Ulysses.

I stayed with that one through episode 3 before dropping. I don’t just drop a series because it’s ecchi (I stuck with How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord till the end), but both of these were just terrible.

Edited by Ohiotaku

1 minute ago, Ohiotaku said:

I stayed with that one through episode 3 before dropping. I don’t just drop a series because it’s ecchi (I stuck with How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord till the end), but both of these were just terrible.

I actually kinda liked demon lord even tho there was a whole hell a lot of ecchi behind that there was a little bit of plot that interested me... And I like OP MC's 

1 minute ago, Ohiotaku said:

I actually meant that Conception & Ulysses were terrible, Demon Lord was ok, as was Yuuna.

I just had this thought, 

Conception went straight to sex in the first Ep but demon lord took 11 episodes to stick a finger in a girl.

When I do like an ecchi series, it’s usually because it’s lighthearted and comedic. If it takes the sex too seriously or is extremely violent, it’s a turnoff for me.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

When I do like an ecchi series, it’s usually because it’s lighthearted and comedic. If it takes the sex too seriously or is extremely violent, it’s a turnoff for me.

I agree with that, and FYI, Demon Lord would have been a whole lot better if they focused more on the plot than the ecchi. The whole "Shocker Thing" not really funny and kind of rapey honestly. 

49 minutes ago, Oakmi said:

I agree with that, and FYI, Demon Lord would have been a whole lot better if they focused more on the plot than the ecchi. The whole "Shocker Thing" not really funny and kind of rapey honestly. 

I got the same sort of vibe from Ulysses in the scene where

he implanted the philosopher's stone in Jeanne accompanied/followed by an openmouth kiss

🤢

8 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Hide contents

he implanted the philosopher's stone in Jeanne accompanied/followed by an openmouth kiss

🤢

I straight up hated the part where the MC basically got switched to Jeanne when the First MC wasted 7 years of his life to give the MC position to someone else.

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2018 at 12:02 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Hide contents

🤢

Yeah, started watching that one, got there and dropped it. Can't figure out why these authors or production staff feel the need to bury such great stories in crap like that.