Animes That Managed to Piss You Off

Yanushi-Chan

Okay, so I know this is a pretty broad question, but have you ever watched an anime that managed to just really piss you off? Like was the ending really bad or confusing? Did something about the show seem really cryptic to you? Was there a question that was never answered that really stuck with you?

For me, it definitely has to be: Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt!

Don't get me wrong, I freaking love that series . . . but did anything seem weird to you? The final showdown between the angels and demons? The way Panty kinda left after being shunned as an angel . . . or could it possibly have been . . . HOW STOCKING MANAGED TO CHOP HER SISTER INTO A MILLION TINY PIECES AND THEN FUCKING REVEAL THAT SHE WAS A DEMON?!?!

Seriously, who the hell writes this crap?! You can't just end the series like that, leaving it open for a new season and it never comes! WTF?! That left me thinking about it for months?

Stocking . . . a samurai angel . . . who helped Panty, a gunslinging angel . . . defeat Satan and the devil sisters . . . TURNS OUT TO BE A FUCKING DEMON?!

smh . . .

Don't think hard on it its a gag anime not meant to have a deep meaning.

I think few shows got me upset at the story line except for Ulysses Jean D'arc

Well the way I am looking at this in 2 different ways. The first a plot point and the other industry based. The anime that comes to mind in terms of how it was handled in the development and presentation purpose that comes to mind is a show called Super Milk Chan. It made me angry just looking at the art, the story, and the fact it even aired as long as it was.

In terms of industry meaning much the same thing, but that the producers, or studio effected it or made it crappy. In this case the title goes to One Piece. I am not a huge fan of it even subbed, but the fact that 4kids white washed a character, and even took out as much as they did is quite frankly insulating to me as a anime fan.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. I LOVE several of CLAMP's series including CCS, so a crossover series starring teenaged representations of Sakura & Syaoran sounded like a dream come true.  After slogging through 52 episodes and a handful of OVAs, I can't think of a single positive thing to say about it. Dull and uninteresting from beginning to end.

VxiL7uOIZcphUHe4aqKKDOfF-m3KRl4ntzjIKGcr

I largely feel the same way about Clear Card. Though somewhat forewarned thanks to Tsubasa, it spent the majority of it's 22 episodes saying "Hey remember that time when <insert memorable moment from the original series>? Wasn't that cool?" While doing very little that was memorable or cool itself. And then at the end it was like "Oops, we're out of time. We'll need to have another season greenlit before we can finish the story." 🤬. They could've condensed the interesting parts into a 90 - 120 minute movie easily

Also. PO'd is too strong a word, but despite enjoying Soul Eater quite a bit, it had one of the biggest anti-climaxes for an ending of any series I've seen. I get what they were trying to say with it, but still very unsatisfying for me,

As far as something about the anime industry in general that pisses me off, it's when OVA/Specials don't get licensed despite the fact the series has been. Case in point, I don't usually resort to pirate sites, but for the My Hero Academia, Yuru Camp & Konosuba OVA/Specials, I made an exception. And I still would like to see them included on the physical releases (or a physical release at all for Konosuba & Yuru Camp)

Edited by Ohiotaku

20 hours ago, Mysteria said:

Honestly dragon ball because the fights were too long and the evil characters took forever to die

Thats honestly a fair argument at least in the case of Z. Though for me thats something I rather liked about the series.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:59 AM, Mysteria said:

Honestly dragon ball because the fights were too long and the evil characters took forever to die

I agree! The Dragon Ball fights scenes took up like 4-5 episodes. Especially when they were trying to emphasize a new ability or how strong someone had gotten. 

Let's not forget about Danganronpa! 

I don't mean just the anime, I'm talking about the game too! It was like so crazy how that all transpired!

Spoilers Alert: I'm Basically Summarizing the Whole Series

One student managed to convince the entire Student Council to kill one another until only the "Scientifically Created" student remains. This sparks a revolt in the Reserve Course. The Reserve Course riots, and then proceeds to kill all, but two classes in the entire academy. The Reserve Students then all commit suicide!!! One of the remaining classes is brainwashed into turning the entire world to an apocalypse! The other class, the class holding the main antagonist/mastermind is then subjected to the same killing game as the student council and leaves only 4-5 survivors.

The remaining student form a new organization, round up the other rogue classroom and try to rehabilitate them . . . but then antagonist returns (AFTER COMMITTING SUICIDE AT THE END OF THE KILLING GAME.) Now these students are going through another killing game, but they are even really awake. It turns out they're in a simulation, and the antagonist is an A.I. Virus that was trying to get them to kill themselves and start evil again . . . but the other class managed to intercept that and now they're all sane, but the world is still in chaos. 

Not to mention, other students were in some weird killing game and had bombs strapped to their necks and arms because the antagonist returned again. A number of the other students are killed this time, the other class saves the day . . . I guess.

IS ANY OF THIS MAKING SENSE TO ANYONE?! BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE A TOTAL CLUSTERF*** TO ME!!!

Edited by Yanushi-Chan

Probably Familiar of Zero. I didn't mind Loiuse whipping Saito (he usually deserved it) but the downgrade of the maid and princess to total slut was outrageous and extremely annoying. Loved the ending. Hated every fondled breast and harem interruption along the way.

There's more likely more video games that have angered me than anime though I completely agree with the DBZ comments.  I used to say it took 5 episodes just for the first powerup in a fight because they had to each have a monologue or two. Then they were never powered all the way. 'Oh, you made me bleed. Well i was holding back. Stand by passively while I spend the next hour powering up even more! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!" Very tiresome. More tiresome than angry.

I do get irked on how everyone hates on Kuwabara (Yu Yu Hakusho) just because of his looks and voice. His personality was actually refreshing though I preferred Kurama myself. Thinking back to that one scene in the first season where Yusuke is trying to get Kuwabara to kiss him so he can be revived by running that romance scene in his dreams still cracks me up to this day. ^_^ poor poor Kuwabara. LOL

I'd have to say the endless 8 on Haruhi Suzimiya. Like F that portion of the series. I nearly screamed. The only thing that made it bearable was the constant "Kyon Kun Denwa". That was insanely kawaii. Fun fact: That was my first time using kawaii.

• Agree 1
  • Cute (Kawaii) 1

4 hours ago, Crevanille said:

I'd have to say the endless 8 on Haruhi Suzimiya. Like F that portion of the series. I nearly screamed. The only thing that made it bearable was the constant "Kyon Kun Denwa". That was insanely kawaii. Fun fact: That was my first time using kawaii.

Oh gawd yes, I'd forgotten about that (more likely my mind blocked out the memory). While not as annoying, the fact that the order the episodes were broadcast in weren't in chronological order still got on my nerves, especially the way it's fandom used it as an excuse whenever someone didn't think it was the best anime ever ("You didn't watch it the way it was intended.")

7 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Oh gawd yes, I'd forgotten about that (more likely my mind blocked out the memory). While not as annoying, the fact that the order the episodes were broadcast in weren't in chronological order still got on my nerves, especially the way it's fandom used it as an excuse whenever someone didn't think it was the best anime ever ("You didn't watch it the way it was intended.")

Exactly. Excuses. Nothing can pardon that type of cruelty. I betcha if they could, the directors would have added the exact amount of times Yuki Nagato went through this.

• 3 weeks later...