We want bigger signature Dimensions!!!

Greeneyes

Upgrade Demension size  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger Signature picture dimensions!

• Yes
    • No

Question

Currently pictures for signatures have to be a max of 800x200 it use to be bigger and I think we need to have the max changed to 1000x300-400 !!!

WHO agrees? Finding signatures you like at that size is hard and editing them can either be  a pain or ruin them!!!

3 answers to this question

The thing that has to be considered currently is moreso on data-cap restrictions.  I'm not saying that these files are huge, but if you're talking about 10 to 20 pictures on a page, that can quickly run up to 20-40 MB per page, per cycle.  Couple that with the delay of the CDN, and you have yourself a recipe for a majorly slow page load.  AF's response time is already down due to CloudFlare (I'm not knocking CF, but it is notorious for slowing things down, not speeding things up).  

I've been a big proponent of allowing users to toggle avatars and signatures on and off, plus adding a simple-mode for mini-profile display.  If this was any software other than IPS, I probably could have written it by now.  But, due to the proprietary nature of IPS, that isn't exactly as simple as it could be.

At any rate, sig dimensions right now, and limits are what I'd consider to be fair and not too distracting (the standard for header imaging peaks at about 420px tall - on a big website, a sig shouldn't be bigger).  It's a signature block after all, I doubt too many people are paying as much attention to the signature as they are the rest of the post.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:01 PM, Greeneyes said:

Currently pictures for signatures have to be a max of 800x200 it use to be bigger and I think we need to have the max changed to 1000x300-400 !!!

WHO agrees? Finding signatures you like at that size is hard and editing them can either be  a pain or ruin them!!!

It could work since the site's activity is so low at the moment even with the whole pandemic thing going on. If the activity rate goes up higher to the point it begins to make the site lag, then they should lower the dimensions back down. Doubt the site would lag with the still low forum activity, plus most users give 0 fucks to have a gif sig anyhow. Hope your prayers are heard some day. I for 1 agree.

Have a lovely day Greeneyes.

:shiro:

Edited by Kity

I would not disagree that signature sizes should be bigger then they currently are. I would say 800 x 400 would be a good size, or maybe at highest 1000 x 400 though that would be pushing it at least in my experience. As the forums continue to get more active the size may need reduction depending on a number of factors though for now with traffic as I see it a increase may be good.