What is everyone waiting for in 2019?

Nukemsloth

What is everyone waiting for next year? Honestly, I myself am waiting for a Season 2 of Re:Zero, along with Season 3 of Attack on Titan to resume. Though I am not completely done with season 3, I don't like waiting for stuff. 

Anyway, what are you waiting for in 2019?

re-zero-can-be-just-as-cute-and-triumphant-as-it-can-be-serious.thumb.jpeg.5b82f369d3c10ba6aac18683b3506cf0.jpeg

This: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-12-19/my-hero-academia-anime-season-4-reveals-october-premiere-1st-visual/.141015, though it will be a long wait. I don't mind the extra time though as long as it's an improvement over season 3, which had some awesome moments, but overall was kinda weak IMO.

The only other series I can honestly say I'm really looking forward to is the continuation of Space Battleship Yamato 2202. I'm actually a bit apprehensive because I haven't seen where Funimation has officially confirmed that it will be resumed. I realized that they were going to have to put it on hiatus at  some point until the final movies screened in Japan and just assumed they stopped at "episode 13", because it fit the usual format for a cour. However, I'd read an article on ANN that the Japanese company producing them was in financial trouble, and then the series got taken down from CR even though initially it sounded like they would continue to share the rights with Funi. Anyway, I hope at the very least Funi picks up where it left off sometime this coming year (fingers crossed).

I'm sure I'll check out the new seasons of One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, Attack on Titan & Kakegurui (assuming that Netflix gets around to it in 2019) as well as the remake of Fruits Basket.

As far as new shows, I don't really follow manga or LNs anymore so I don't have any real feel for what a show will be like until it airs. Besides, anticipation hasn't been a real good indicator for me, because of my Top 10 of 2018, only one was even on my radar back in 2017.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2

Made in Abyss and One Punch Man. And I heard something about Makoto Shinkai publishing another movie.

I am not really looking forward to any new anime apart from sequels. Well, obviously, I wait for a decent anime with a meaningful story where the MC isn't OP and surrounded by girls. 

• 2 weeks later...

Crunchyroll FINALLY put up a page for the simulcasts
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...mulcast-lineup
I'll probably check out the first couple episodes of each of them but at the moment the ones that look most interesting to me are; The Promised Neverland, Magical Girl Spec Ops, Mob Psycho 100 & Price of Smiles. Of course there are continuing series like Hinomaru Sumo, Reincarnated as a Slime & Gegege no Kitaro as well

On 12/20/2018 at 9:15 PM, Beocat said:

A new job closer to home. 

But anime-wise? Yamato for sure. Possible Log Horizon season 3...  maybe Snow White with the Red Hair season 3...

It looks like Yamato 2202 will resume on Funimation only (not CR) February 2 -- source ANN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Far as what I am looking forward to this year that would be One Punch Man season 2, Fruits Basket, and The Promised Neverland. I am 100% sure there will be others. Though thats what comes to mind presently.

4 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Far as what I am looking forward to this year that would be One Punch Man season 2, Fruits Basket, and The Promised Neverland. I am 100% sure there will be others. Though thats what comes to mind presently.

Promised Neverland is going on right now, so there is no need to wait for that.

As far as the topic is concerned, the only one I am anxious to see is Railgun season 3. Hopefully, the include Liberal Arts arc in it.

4 minutes ago, brycec said:

Promised Neverland is going on right now, so there is no need to wait for that.

As far as the topic is concerned, the only one I am anxious to see is Railgun season 3. Hopefully, the include Liberal Arts arc in it.

Yes it is, but I am still waiting till its almost done mostly because I got plenty on my list already, plus I want to binge that one. Railgun season 3 should be pretty good as well. 

Just now, ArchieKun said:

Yes it is, but I am still waiting till its almost done mostly because I got plenty on my list already, plus I want to binge that one. Railgun season 3 should be pretty good as well. 

I see. That makes sense. If you cannot wait, you can always binge the manga. The 12 episode adaptation is supposed to cover the escape arc, and that is complete in the manga.

And yeah, Railgun season 3 should be good. I hope Touma’s grand entrance is done better in the adaptation of the Daihasei Festival arc. That arc just went down hill the moment he came in to resolve things.

4 minutes ago, brycec said:

I see. That makes sense. If you cannot wait, you can always binge the manga. The 12 episode adaptation is supposed to cover the escape arc, and that is complete in the manga.

And yeah, Railgun season 3 should be good. I hope Touma’s grand entrance is done better in the adaptation of the Daihasei Festival arc. That arc just went down hill the moment he came in to resolve things.

Thats what is so good about manga. In a lot of cases it is often complete, or a bit further along then its respective anime adaption. I really liked both seasons of Railgun quite a bit. The series is of course amazing, but that opening is one of the best for sure.

On 12/19/2018 at 1:02 PM, Ohiotaku said:

I'm sure I'll check out the new seasons of One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, Attack on Titan & Kakegurui (assuming that Netflix gets around to it in 2019) as well as the remake of Fruits Basket.

I didn't know there was going to be a Fruits Basket remake! Cool,

I'm waiting on My hero academia to release its latest season.. 4?  As far a source new anime go, I have been pleasantly surprised to find some new favorites that can go on my forever love anime list. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

I didn't know there was going to be a Fruits Basket remake! Cool,

Scheduled for April, though it looks like it may be a Funimation exclusive (as far as legal streaming goes anyway)