Where/How do you watch your anime?

Brunji

I am wondering where and/or how do you guys watch your Anime. Do you guys watch on a streaming website? Or do you download everything and watch on your pc? Netflix?

Any answers are truly appreciated! I might not be using the best watching "format"! 😅

Edited by Brunji

I don't know about "best", just my personal preferences. I use a Roku Stick to stream to my tv (I don't really like watching on the smaller screen of a phone or my pc). I currently subscribe to CrunchyRoll. Funimation & Netflix. I used to subscribe to Hulu and may again depending on how things play out this year between Hulu, CR & Funi. I'll also occasionally use a site called TubiTV which has a selection of older series, some of which aren't found elsewhere (for example I used it to watch Accel World earlier this year). It's a legal streaming service that has a variety of content (not just anime). It uses ads instead of paid subscriptions, but most of it's content is older and not the best video/audio quality.

I also have a significant collection of anime dvds I've accumulated over the past 25 years. While I don't buy nearly as many as I did before streaming, I still like to have a physical copy of titles I really enjoyed, not only to help support the industry but also you never know when I title might get taken down from a service & there have even been instances where they were edited/censored after the fact.

Also. my personal preference is for the original language dialogue with subtitles, but there are a few titles out there I actually consider the dub to be as good or even better than the original.

• Like 1

I stream pretty much everything I watch.  Crunchy's my main source, but I've used Funi as well, and I occasionally use another family member's netflix and hulu account.  Pretty much the only time I'll download anything is when I can't find it streaming somewhere.  If I find something I really like then I'll buy the DVD(s) and rip it to my plex server, then stream from that.

• Like 1

I mostly watch it on my local media center as I have collected a fair bit over the years both old and new. Though for the stuff I only really plan to watch once I mostly just watch it on streaming sites.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kaga Koko said:

I mostly watch in anime streaming site and with english sub to it

That's what I am doing right now :D

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

I mostly watch it on my local media center as I have collected a fair bit over the years both old and new. Though for the stuff I only really plan to watch once I mostly just watch it on streaming sites.

Give me some? 😎

• Funny 1

I have collected anime over a long time,  so similar to my video game collection, I probably have more than enough to keep me happy watching and rewatching for years. As for format...I'm trying to target blurays when available. I have plenty of DVDs (especially of the old stuff) but my collection started with VHS (Tenchi Universe on VHS and Yu Yu Hakusho on VHS - hung onto Tenchi...had the movies on VHS fof Tenchi too) and soon after I got those, VHS died out and everything went to DVD (my old VHS player doesn't even work anymore!) Had to repurchase the anime on DVD so I could watch it again. That might never happen with DVDs, but better to go ahead and spend a little extra now than be left high and dry later.

Other than that, I stream a little on Crunchyroll and occasionally Funimation. Rarely on Netflix but I used to be big on Hulu. If you do a lot of streaming however it can be the cost of a new anime added to your collection every month so I cut back (I budget for my anime.  Everything has a cost).  I do prefer my DVDs and Blurays. No internet required, easy to fast forward, great extras and trailers to watch to see what else is out there... definitely has its perks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beocat said:

I have collected anime over a long time,  so similar to my video game collection, I probably have more than enough to keep me happy watching and rewatching for years. As for format...I'm trying to target blurays when available. I have plenty of DVDs (especially of the old stuff) but my collection started with VHS (Tenchi Universe on VHS and Yu Yu Hakusho on VHS - hung onto Tenchi...had the movies on VHS fof Tenchi too) and soon after I got those, VHS died out and everything went to DVD (my old VHS player doesn't even work anymore!) Had to repurchase the anime on DVD so I could watch it again. That might never happen with DVDs, but better to go ahead and spend a little extra now than be left high and dry later.

Other than that, I stream a little on Crunchyroll and occasionally Funimation. Rarely on Netflix but I used to be big on Hulu. If you do a lot of streaming however it can be the cost of a new anime added to your collection every month so I cut back (I budget for my anime.  Everything has a cost).  I do prefer my DVDs and Blurays. No internet required, easy to fast forward, great extras and trailers to watch to see what else is out there... definitely has its perks.

I agree with the perks of DVDs! I still have a functioning VHS player! hehe

• Like 1

I "get" mine off sites like Anirena or nyaa.eu and just watch them offline. With the abundance of storage space nowadays I just "get" them when they're out and if there's nothing good on TV ( or when I feel like procrastinating, lol ✌ ) I can just watch them anytime.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Edited by nateliv

Something that wasn't talked about directly was the preference between following a series weekly as it airs or binge watching it after it's complete. At present the majority of my viewing has been of weekly episodes, but this is probably because it's not something I had the ability to do until a few years ago due to poor internet connections. So staying this current is still a fairly novel concept for me :P. I am however grateful for Netflix strategy of releasing complete series at the moment because it gives me some titles I can binge as we enter the slower broadcast period between when one season ends & the next begins (wrapping up Sirius the Jaeger and will start High Score Girl)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Something that wasn't talked about directly was the preference between following a series weekly as it airs or binge watching it after it's complete. At present the majority of my viewing has been of weekly episodes, but this is probably because it's not something I had the ability to do until a few years ago due to poor internet connections. So staying this current is still a fairly novel concept for me :P. I am however grateful for Netflix strategy of releasing complete series at the moment because it gives me some titles I can binge as we enter the slower broadcast period between when one season ends & the next begins (wrapping up Sirius the Jaeger and will start High Score Girl)

I am hands down a series binger including with anime. I much prefer to sit down with a entire series over the course of a week or even a couple days rather then impatiently wait for episodes to release I can barely handle that with the Youtubers I follow let alone the anime I follow. Though for new series that I just can't wait to watch I often make a exception and I have always been slightly more forgiving in terms of anime then with other types of tv series in this regard.

I usually torrent stuff from Anime Tosho, and sometimes when I watch a seasonal anime (usually dont do that do) I watch it on a streaming side. There`s one streaming side, which lets you syncro your watched and watchhing anime with your MAL lists and ot has pretty much every anime (so far haven seen an anime they did not have) on the highest quality - some claim its better than most paid services (cant say much about that, since I don`t pay..... I know I`m horrible) But yeah, mostly torrent stuff. I do have some movies as DVD since my parents like some of them and we watch them together.

There was this wunderful time when you could watch anime on youtube except that every ep was split in three parts or so) and it often was some crappy quality but hey, that`s how I sterted with anime XD 

34 minutes ago, leinwandname said:

I usually torrent stuff from Anime Tosho, and sometimes when I watch a seasonal anime (usually dont do that do) I watch it on a streaming side. There`s one streaming side, which lets you syncro your watched and watchhing anime with your MAL lists and ot has pretty much every anime (so far haven seen an anime they did not have) on the highest quality - some claim its better than most paid services (cant say much about that, since I don`t pay..... I know I`m horrible) But yeah, mostly torrent stuff. I do have some movies as DVD since my parents like some of them and we watch them together.

There was this wunderful time when you could watch anime on youtube except that every ep was split in three parts or so) and it often was some crappy quality but hey, that`s how I sterted with anime XD 

We all do what we must for our entertainment. Your not horrible. I remember the days of youtube before the google days. Watching on parts were never a issue for me either.