Hello

Dondake

Simple enough thread title, don'tchu think? ^_^

Ahem. Anyway, you know the story by now: searched high and low for an anime forum, stumbled onto this one, made an account and said hello. :D 

Interests:
1. Anime, naturally
2. Visual novels (currently reading 6 of them)
3. Casual video games (meaning no PvP or overly challenging strategy games)

Not much to tell, since I'm a relatively average guy. I'm currently reading the following visual novels:
1. Kara no Shoujo
2. Swan Song
3. Aoishiro
4. Root Double
5. Fate/hollow ataraxia
6. And last but not least, The Labyrinth of Grisaia

That last one has an anime, which I'm going to watch. I'm almost at the end of the VN though, so I'm really playing catch-up with the anime. Didn't like The Fruit of Grisaia's anime, since that felt like a waste of time with its condensed content. Michiru's route sucked in that anime, since there wasn't even

Yumiko crying her eyes out at her funeral.

The whole thing just felt rushed and unsatisfying. Only reason I'm bothering with Labyrinth is because I saw an animated scene that the VN didn't show in image form (it was only described with words). Still, that scene in the anime felt a lot less brutal than what the VN described with mere words. A lot less blood and violence, really.

Anyway, not sure if I'll have much time for other anime, but I might stick around here for a while. Pleased to meet you. 

• Like 1

Hello there and welcome to AF hope you have a great time here. :) I to share a love of VNs both my wifu and I read them together and separately. If you have any questions, or just want to chat feel free to let me know. I am always around.

• Friendly 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

You read a lot of visual novels. I tried getting into them before but had a tough time finishing one.

But I want to try again coz I think they're pretty interesting.

Yeah, same here. I used to have trouble reading them because I hate reading, but when I realized there's a lot of good stories among visual novels, I kept reading and eventually got used to the habit. It takes some time to get used to it. I've spent about (altogether) a year or two reading VNs now.

I recommend reading the more popular beginner titles like Fate/Stay Night and especially Steins;Gate to get you started. The latter in particular is very digestible for newcomers.

20 hours ago, Dondake said:

Yeah, same here. I used to have trouble reading them because I hate reading, but when I realized there's a lot of good stories among visual novels, I kept reading and eventually got used to the habit. It takes some time to get used to it. I've spent about (altogether) a year or two reading VNs now.

I recommend reading the more popular beginner titles like Fate/Stay Night and especially Steins;Gate to get you started. The latter in particular is very digestible for newcomers.

Alright  I will. Especially Steins; Gate. I loved that anime. Heard the VN was good as well. 

• Like 1