SSSS.Gridman

awesomedude20

On 12/24/2018 at 8:19 PM, awesomedude20 said:

And if you haven't seen it by chance.... do that.

So, I'd initially dropped this series early on, but decided to give it another chance since a lot of people are speaking very highly of it. I'm currently about halfway through & it's well on the way to being my favorite series of the Fall 2018 season which pretty much guarantees it a spot on my Top 10 of 2018. Will post more once I've finished

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

So, just finished this series and still probably need things to sink in a bit but my theory at the moment is

the girl they show waking up at the end of is Akane and everything that happened was inside her dream

Need a bit more time to really put my thoughts together, but it was quite the ride and in all likelihood my favorite series from the fall season

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

So, just finished this series and still probably need things to sink in a bit but my theory at the moment is

Hide contents

the girl they show waking up at the end of is Akane and everything that happened was inside her dream

Need a bit more time to really put my thoughts together, but it was quite the ride and in all likelihood my favorite series from the fall season

It was NOT just a dream. Within the world of Gridman lore, there's the real world, and there are virtual worlds. They are every bit as real as the "real" world, despite being virtual. So while I personally do not know how she made this world in its entirety, aside from perhaps Alexis making it for her, that virtual world will absolutely continue existing on its own. Akane may have woken up from being the god of that world, but that world carries on nonetheless.

• Informative 1

Ah, I see. So as my observation suggests, I have zero experience with Gridman prior to this series. That & the fact that I've never really been into tokusatsu franchises was one of the reasons I dropped it early on. Still, even though there may have been times I enjoyed the show with a wrong understanding, it doesn't change the fact that I did enjoy it. And the overall message that came across to me was

she wanted to escape from the annoyances of her normal world to one where she could control things, even though it turned out she was being manipulated, And in the end she realizes she need to live in the "real world" even with all it's problems

Edited by Ohiotaku

2 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Ah, I see. So as my observation suggests, I have zero experience with Gridman prior to this series. That & the fact that I've never really been into tokusatsu franchises was one of the reasons I dropped it early on. Still, even though there may have been times I enjoyed the show with a wrong understanding, it doesn't change the fact that I did enjoy it. And the overall message that came across to me was

Hide contents

she wanted to escape from the annoyances of her normal world to one where she could control things, even though it turned out she was being manipulated, And in the end she realizes she need to live in the "real world" even with all it's problems

Basically yes. The show's main moral is that it's okay to escape from the real world for a while to get a grip on things, but to always remember to never simply try to run away or avoid your problems, as that doesn't solve anything.

This is the best thing I've seen anyone say about the show:

FRXaF4j.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

More like Ultraman & Kamen Rider

This might as well be a mecha series. Ultraman is like power rangers and you know that at the end they always faced off against a giant monster with combined robot parts. 

I happen to like mecha series ever since Super robot wars so this works out.