Otakuu

Which 2018 anime would you recommend to anyone?

Sword Art Online Alicization and That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime!

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm Yesssssss

A Place Further Than the Universe & Yuru Camp have been my #1 & #2 since the end of March.

Golden Kamuy has #3 pretty much locked up after the season 2 finale.

Below that is still in play as I have 5 or 6 series from this year  I still hope to finish before next season starts in earnest.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

A Place Further Than the Universe is easily my top anime this year; I don't know what about it resonated with me to such an extent but I have to say it has become one of my all-time favorites. Partly it's just my kind of anime, I found it inspiring (ended up going on a little adventure of my own, listening to the soundtrack of the show in the airplane) and found some of the characters somewhat relatable (especially Hinata). All around a nice and enjoyable show but the effect it had on me puts it above the others.

Others I enjoyed this year are also from the first half of the year. Hinamatsuri being my favorite comedy and Violet Evergarden just for it's beauty. Yuru Camp was nice, cozy chicken soup for the stressed mind.

Latter half of the year I haven't watched as much anime perhaps because it hasn't appealed to me as much or I just haven't been in the mood for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elysia said:

Others I enjoyed this year are also from the first half of the year. Hinamatsuri being my favorite comedy and Violet Evergarden just for it's beauty. Yuru Camp was nice, cozy chicken soup for the stressed mind.

Yeah, parts of Hinamatsuri were pretty funny but for me most of the series' appeal was from

Dg0FM2AUwAA8SpN.jpg:large

(I actually teared up during this arc) 😢

Anzu is best girl, btw

Edited by Ohiotaku

Hey

I Am Watching A Certain Magical Index III Anime Till Now 

it is the best anime show There Are many More anime Shows to watch But This anime Show is my favourite.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Fire-Ice-Lighting
      Zatch Bell doesn't get mentioned much, and not many people actually seem to remember it.
      I personally never cared for Zatch Bell. The reason is because of how over the top it is, and the main character (Zatch) is pretty annoying, and there's also a lot of annoying characters in it too. Also the anime just has too much humor in it, since the humor ruins many moments that are supposed to be serious. 
    • By lilroy_anime
      The almost Hentai series HSOTD went on a hiatus following the Author Daisuke Satō’s death in March 2017 but now the franchise is undergoing a heavy petition in order to have it completed.
      The story follows a group of high school students caught in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.
      The Anime was produced by Madhouse studios and published by Sentai Filmworks
      The ongoing petition is for HSOTD to be given to another studio/Author to have both the Manga and Series completed
      At the first time of seeing this this only 5000 people had signed
      But now there are over 47k Supporters!
      PLEASE ALL ANIME FANS EVERYWHERE SHOULD SIGN THE PETITION!
      Use this link https://firstinfosite.com/2018/12/27/latest-trending-anime-news-highschool-of-the-dead-season-two-petition-update-december-2018/
      or
      Just search for High school of the dead/firstinfosite and once you find the website...
      PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!
    • By awesomedude20
      SO, SSSS.Gridman just finished.
      Thoughts?
      And if you haven't seen it by chance.... do that.

(Ah and be wary of spoilers past this point. You don't want this spoiled.)
    • By efaardvark
      So there's this guy, "Colonel Cbplayer", who's built actual working mecha fighters based on the Macross franchise using my fav game, Kerbal Space Program.  When I say "working" I mean everything, including flying, fighting, and transforming.  (Sometimes all at once!)  He's even got a video on his youtube channel of the YF19 and YF21 fighting.  Pretty insane, especially considering that the base game doesn't have weapons, or even real hinges.

I'd love to try this myself, but with the old GPU and FX processor in my system I'd be lucky if I got single-digit frame rates.  Not that I have the time for it anyway I guess.
      This post instigated by a recent Kotaku article...
      https://kotaku.com/kerbal-space-program-can-do-transforming-macross-fighte-1831242407
      His youtube channel is here:

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!