Your Favorite Technology!

Greeneyes

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, ArchieKun said:

Tape drivers are honestly not so bad even today if they are stored at a good temp they can last over 100 years some of them.

It's funny how I see them in antique shops😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 7:36 AM, Kanamesensei said:

It's funny how I see them in antique shops😁

That is pretty dope honestly. I love antique shops I live near like 5 of them. Only a couple sell tech though its mostly housewares and lamps etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

That is pretty dope honestly. I love antique shops I live near like 5 of them. Only a couple sell tech though its mostly housewares and lamps etc.

I do too.  Find some pretty cool stuff.  My daughter had gotten me some antique stuff for my birthday and I have to say it is much better then new.😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kanamesensei said:

I do too.  Find some pretty cool stuff.  My daughter had gotten me some antique stuff for my birthday and I have to say it is much better then new.😎

Oh I know in particular with antique furniture and housewares. They are a type of technology or at least fall under what technology technically is meaning a tool to help us do what we cannot alone without it.

Though one peice of antique  tech in the more tridtional sense that I want to add to my collection is this.

s-l1000.jpg.182a7e83b8ad16305460e39a6a6b7ba1.jpg

I would say smartphones would be my favorite, due to its usefulnes.

After all, I would not be able to navigate to places easily without them, though there is the annoyance of having to find a certain thing on the screen to pinpoint where I need to go after getting off the bus.

There is a lot of interesting tech out there, but I have not used all of what I familiar with knowledge-wise.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, brycec said:

I would say smartphones would be my favorite, due to its usefulnes.

After all, I would not be able to navigate to places easily without them, though there is the annoyance of having to find a certain thing on the screen to pinpoint where I need to go after getting off the bus.

There is a lot of interesting tech out there, but I have not used all of what I familiar with knowledge-wise.

I simply cannot argue this as it is so true and smart phones are so cheap now mine was only $150 for my LG Stylo 3 and its working great to this and even being 2 years old. The battery is only now starting to depreciate. It has outlasted my previous Galaxy S7 Active in terms of how long the battery as well as other components have remained healthy. So what dose tell ya. :) 

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

I simply cannot argue this as it is so true and smart phones are so cheap now mine was only $150 for my LG Stylo 3 and its working great to this and even being 2 years old. The battery is only now starting to depreciate. It has outlasted my previous Galaxy S7 Active in terms of how long the battery as well as other components have remained healthy. So what dose tell ya. :) 

That is interesting. The real question is if they are too good now, since makers are facing a slump from phones being so good.

It is not a problem for consumers, so I can say that I am glad a reliable phone is easy to find.

27 minutes ago, brycec said:

That is interesting. The real question is if they are too good now, since makers are facing a slump from phones being so good.

It is not a problem for consumers, so I can say that I am glad a reliable phone is easy to find.

I personally say consumers should always have the advantage in this sort of market. The manufactures in particular cell phone service providers have been screwing their customers over way to long

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

I try not to use technology too much anymore like I used to when I was younger. A personal preference I have now, for some reasons I wish not to disclose.. ( sorry if that's weird but it's just what I like now *old fashioned* ) However if I had to choose I'd probably pick my computer and tablet for some hobbies I like to do in them. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2019 at 2:42 AM, HanaApril said:

I try not to use technology too much anymore like I used to when I was younger. A personal preference I have now, for some reasons I wish not to disclose.. ( sorry if that's weird but it's just what I like now *old fashioned* ) However if I had to choose I'd probably pick my computer and tablet for some hobbies I like to do in them. 

Can never go wrong with the computer, or a computer of some form. I like getting out to, and away from tech, or at least getting away from interfacing with it to much. I do that by walking outside for a few hours sometimes at the very least 1 hour most days. 

Its hard to do these days though since we're so attached to it for literally everything. 

On 1/19/2019 at 11:11 AM, ArchieKun said:

Oh I know in particular with antique furniture and housewares. They are a type of technology or at least fall under what technology technically is meaning a tool to help us do what we cannot alone without it.

Though one peice of antique  tech in the more tridtional sense that I want to add to my collection is this.

s-l1000.jpg.182a7e83b8ad16305460e39a6a6b7ba1.jpg

What is that? And what does it do? 

It reminds me a bit of Wall-E. 

59 minutes ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

What is that? And what does it do? 

Its Rob for the NES. It is one off Nintendo's earlier products that never really caught on. It was way ahead of its time, and the tech nor the interest was there at the time.

As for what it dose exactly it was supposed to play games with you, but was only programmed to play two, and only one well. 

• Informative 1