EnviousEnvy

Castlevania (the series)

Just started the Netflix series, Castlevania and I have to say I'm pretty hooked. I'm really picky when it comes to American anime and most I don't care for because they are down right boring as heck. I finally reached season two, episode 5 last night. The only real issue for me on the series is the fact that the seasons are so dang short. Season one literally only has 4 episodes, ugh.

So does anyone else watch the series? What do you think of it?

• Agree 1

I enjoyed it well enough. I particularly liked the interactions between Trevor & Sypha. Also kind of interesting the reinterpretations of the characters of Hector & Isaac. My biggest problem with it as an "American anime" is that pretty much translates into more profanity than the usual anime. I don't find it offensive, but I do have to roll my eyes at it sometimes (who knew the "F" was so prevalent in Medieval times lol). Still no match for Hellsing Ultimate or even the Vampire Hunter D movies, but yeah I'd watch another season to see where things go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I enjoyed it well enough. I particularly liked the interactions between Trevor & Sypha. Also kind of interesting the reinterpretations of the characters of Hector & Isaac. My biggest problem with it as an "American anime" is that pretty much translates into more profanity than the usual anime. I don't find it offensive, but I do have to roll my eyes at it sometimes (who knew the "F" was so prevalent in Medieval times lol). Still no match for Hellsing Ultimate or even the Vampire Hunter D movies, but yeah I'd watch another season to see where things go.

I agree with you there. Seems like American anime loves to drop the F bomb as much as a hooker drops her panties. Was kind of annoying. Otherwise I was surprised that the storyline was so enjoyable.