Happy New Year 2019!!

Ryan Dave Jimenez

4 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

It's already January 1st, 2019 here in my country. And I was a bit surprised no one posted a new year's thread yet.

So happy new year to you and your family. Hope you have a great 2019.

Oh and feel free to share how your 2018 went. Was it a good year for you? And what are your plans for 2019?

happy new year to everyone in AF-forums~!

2018 went by in a flash, i was just but a student back in january, having a hard time in studies, now im still a student, only thing different is, im working on a hospital now, and im actually really good in the "stuff" i do in there, including talking to people, which is a "shocking truth.meme" to me

my new years resolution in 2019 is that i will study harder, and pass my board exam >:o

to bad, that plan is already failing, i was suppose to take an "hour" break after studying for two hours, and yet im still in the pc, im so dead if we have exam tomorrow in clinical microscopy lmao

i suck at CM, so im double f*cked

• Like 1

あきーおめ! 

I feel like I just barely made it through 2018 with my sanity intact.  So much has happened just in the last few months, including getting my old car totalled and a new one purchased.  Also 3 birthdays in my family in September.  I reached the 3-decade mark at work.  A lot of work hours for two major events too, especially in the last month here at the end of the year.  As a result of the hours and a performance bonus for our group I'm actually finishing up the year with some "extra" money in-pocket.  That's always good, though some of that has already been allocated towards a major computer upgrade.  :)

Looking ahead I do see a lot of uncertainty however.  Keeping busy at work is generally a Good Thing (as long as it isn't too much).  OTOH, the recent stock market performance hasn't helped my retirement plans at all.  (Note "3-decade mark" above.. us old farts have to think about that sort of thing.)  OTGH, my paycheck ultimately comes from the US Congress, and with the government shutdown ongoing as I type this... yeah.  Let's just say that for me the new year is looking very "interesting" on many levels.  😱

Onward....

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Metalslug said:

Happy New Year Everyone! Why does it feel like every year goes by much faster?

You know what? I read somewhere the older you get the faster time seems to pass by. I'm inclined to think that's true. So much time has passed. I feel old even though its only been 2 decades. I can only wonder how people who live until their 90's feel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crevanille said:

You know what? I read somewhere the older you get the faster time seems to pass by. I'm inclined to think that's true. So much time has passed. I feel old even though its only been 2 decades. I can only wonder how people who live until their 90's feel.

I can attest to that being true..... haha 

But yeah when you're young, it feels like you have all the time in the world. Then one day you get old. And start to realize time is running out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crevanille said:

Its true. I remember as a teen wanting to be 21 so bad to go out and do things with friends. Took an eternity to get there. When I least expected it.
Just like that im 17 years older in a blink of an eye and time doesnt seem to be slowing down one bit.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 10:50 PM, Metalslug said:

Happy New Year Everyone! Why does it feel like every year goes by much faster?

To me it feels like days and weeks go slow but months and years go fast 🤔

On 1/5/2019 at 8:40 AM, Kanamesensei said:

Started out okay, but got some bad news from my mom.

I'm just gonna take a stab at your age. You don't need to tell me. But i'm guessing your probably like 47 or 49.

Is it specifically bad news about mom? If it is I'm sorry. I mean that. Moms are important. I always keep kinda hoping my own mother outlives me. I don't want to live long enough to lose my mom. I couldn't take it. I couldn't. It's much harder to lose someone when they're the sole family member you have. In any case whatever is the case with your mom i'm sure she's a fighter. My mom is.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, Crevanille said:

I'm just gonna take a stab at your age. You don't need to tell me. But i'm guessing your probably like 47 or 49.

Is it specifically bad news about mom? If it is I'm sorry. I mean that. Moms are important. I always keep kinda hoping my own mother outlives me. I don't want to live long enough to lose my mom. I couldn't take it. I couldn't. It's much harder to lose someone when they're the sole family member you have. In any case whatever is the case with your mom i'm sure she's a fighter. My mom is.

Seems to me you can certainly read people.  Let's just say that you are close.  I am impressed.  My mom has cancer.  She doesn't know the stage yet but should find out this week.   I have to say though that I told my daughter that it's the parents right to die before the child.  I feel that my pain would be so much worse if I lose my daughter.  (she is 18).  You are sweet to say that about your mom.  I like to think my mom is too.☺️