Wedgy

Can we get some spoiler tags please

Question

Or at least please start marking our threads as having potential of spoilers especially for anime new to the season? Kind of bummed reading a certain thread today and was not prepared for spoilers past the episode I'm currently caught up to. : (

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Considering the lack of acknowledgement, as this thread has been here for close to a week without any, I can only assume there are no intentions nor interest in addressing this problem. There are clearly more pressing issues to see to such as clearing the daily spam filters, adding new site themes, and hiding the online user list. The lack of transparency and communication has been chipping away at the community experience and I've honestly seen better quality on larger forums with even less staff. 

It's been fun AF. 

Edited by Wedgy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Spoiler alert!

there are spoiler tags  :)

You just have to do it manually.  In your reply do something like...

[spoiler]
Text here
[/spoiler]

It would be really nice if there were a button for it in the editor instead of it being hidden however.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Spoiler alert!

Reveal hidden contents

there are spoiler tags  :)

You just have to do it manually.  In your reply do something like...

[spoiler]
Text here
[/spoiler]

It would be really nice if there were a button for it in the editor instead of it being hidden however.

Yes there are in BB code, I'm aware, but that's not quite what I'm talking about, and they aren't being used when they should be anyway. I mean simply a warning of some such in the thread title. 

Though it would be nice if people actually used those spoiler BB code you are referring to. 

Edited by Wedgy

1 hour ago, Wedgy said:

I'm aware

I realize you and a number of others know about it.  Some people don't know however (and/or don't remember how to do it when they should).  My post was mostly for those people. 

Spoilers are a minor peeve of mine too, since I tend to wait until a season is over to binge-watch.  Now they have no excuse!  At least if they read this thread..

• Like 1

It's definitely an issue and I can relate to. I normally type it down on my threads if spoiler tags are necessary. Also spoilers tags are same across forums. 

Actually there are several other issues such as thread duplication, even though you get a list of possible threads that might be similar or the same to what you intended to make. I know that this is a common problem but these things can be solved by addressing them explicitly.

Edited by Muco

I didn't know the code worked for this site (some forums it doesn't). Anyway, I tend to post **Spoilers** in the title of my thread to warn others, lol.