how important is money for you~ ?

XII360

so with all recent happenings in AF-forums (mainly sh*tty spammers), i thought it would be fun way to post a thread that i randomly thought up while staring at my monitor for 10 minutes (im totally, not bored or anything, honest, i got quotas to fill that i dont wanna do xD)

GoodMiserlyAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif

but yea, what's money for you ?!, is money the ultimate object for you ?, is money everything for you ?, or is money something you use mainly to help other people whom may be in need ? (since we all know, money revolves around the world...wait a minute, i got it backwards xD)

generally, for me, money is, obviously something i want, but, i always make it so my world does not revolve around it, generally, i'd use money to help out <people i know> whom may need my help, even though theres a 80% chance of them not helping me when the time comes that i need their help (couse people, amirite)

recently, i've bought stuff that seems like a "total waste of cash", -- but the worst part is, those stuff wasn't even for me, it was for giftings on my workplace (and my god, do i sometimes feel stooped, but i also feel its "worth it" ?)

i've also helped out a fellow classmate, who seems to be having cash-trouble, though by help, i mean, she wanted to borrow cash from me, and i told her its fine, she doesn't need to pay me back, i know she's having a hard time already (give take, its around like, worth 5usd? or so, doesn't really hurt anyone >.>)

but yea, what about you ?!, what is "money" for you ?, a way to get things done ?, a way to help people ? both ? lets have a discussion below~!

and reminder: screw those recent spammer~!, but i feel that problem is now resolved, so dont worry to much about those guys now xD

• Like 2

Well money is a must in order to live now days so its certainly very important to me in that regard. Though I know your asking what is its significance is for me in terms off do I crave it, or horde it /wish to. Honestly I am poor not so much my income level, but my spending money. I never seem to have much fun money, and often do wish I had more to do more things sometimes. Though that is just life plain and simple gotta work with what you been given. 

In terms of one day becoming rich I could personally care less for that high sinuosity stuff. I just want to make enough money to do what I want to do.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I've since saved a good amount of money for misc stuff but the thing is when I have the money saved I feel like I don't want to sped it as much as when I don't have the money but want to get something so for now it just gets saved up, I know most people might consider this to be good but think about the fact that you have money specifically saved to buy stuff you want but never want anything enough to buy it ITS ANNOYING as hell man!!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

Money pays the bills, keeps a roof over my head, and food on the table. I'm not obsessed with it but it is important to me. 

I love how you explained this. Thats very humble if I may say. 

Yeah like what most people already said. We just need enough money. Not really millions or billions. But just enough to keep living decently.

As long as you have a place to sleep, food to eat, electricity, clothes to wear and so on that's enough for me.

And there was a study done that showed past a certain amount of money, it makes no difference. It doesn't add to your happiness anymore. 

And good for you @XII360 for helping others. You're a good person.

• Like 2
  • Optimistic 1

Funny thing is when you really think about it we need money yes, but money brings greed its truly greed that is the route of all evils not the money itself. Its truly a good example of to much of a good thing can end very badly. I just had to say that here as felt it goes well with where the topic is going. What dose everyone think?

On 1/15/2019 at 11:57 PM, XII360 said:

(im totally, not bored or anything, honest, i got quotas to fill that i dont wanna do xD

What do you mean? Is it really required for you to post a certain amount of posts? Aren't you a mod?

And as far as money is concerned. I f*cking hate it. I could live not having to see the very worse of people because of it.

For myself I'm poor. Literally. No. Scratch that. I'm broke. Poor means you have some sorta funds. I have none.

I've known very little of money in my life. I've ALWAYS had to struggle. To say I don't need it would be lying. But damn if I've seen the worse of humanity because they don't have it or have too much of it.

I could walk downtown right now and see people begging for change. No self respect for themselves. Any dignity they had stripped. People are at their worse when they've struggled to much and when they haven't struggled enough.

Honestly. Truly. If people were unified and tried we all could all do without money. But that would mean most people would have to care about others and want a new system. I'm a cynic so I'm sure it's not gonna happen.

But I'm sick of this "well at least I got mine" mentality. 

4 minutes ago, Crevanille said:

What do you mean? Is it really required for you to post a certain amount of posts? Aren't you a mod?

naw, by quota, i dont mean the website or anything, i meant writing my quota in work on how many times i processed specimens (and i need to write down 140 in total of CBC[complete blood count], and 20 PT/APTT [protime for short]

and lets just say, im hella lazy on writing 140 stuff >.>

6 minutes ago, Crevanille said:

I've known very little of money in my life. I've ALWAYS had to struggle. To say I don't need it would be lying. But damn if I've seen the worse of humanity because they don't have it or have too much of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly. Truly. If people were unified and tried we all could all do without money. But that would mean most people would have to care about others and want a new system. I'm a cynic so I'm sure it's not gonna happen.

But I'm sick of this "well at least I got mine" mentality. 

i mean, i kind of understand what you mean on struggle part, im not rich myself, and i cant afford things i want, but i also can semi afford them ?, i just make some sacrifices (i.e, rather than buying food in hospital, i skip eating whole day, and when i get back i eat at house, and i use a bicycle, to avoid travel expense, saving more cash, getting me the cash i need for other stuff i dont need, the only catch is, i am kind of sacrificing my health, not eating a whole day and moving allot is really, reallllly bad for you)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

id agree, but we all know, greed always wins, some people want something, while others dont want that "something", or dont want it, without a price, and that so called price most of everyone agreed onto is what we call "cash"

still sucks that some people would let others have a hard time, if said individuals dont have that "cash" on them

and opposite is true, sucks how some people who have "too much cash", would sometimes "ruin" others just to get "more cash"

though, not everyone is the same, there are some who care for others above all else, rather than, #iwannabeamillionare. so freaking bad.mp4

10 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

And good for you @XII360 for helping others. You're a good person.

i mean, that's just how i am, getting used sucks, but you get used to it <.>

sides, she clearly wasn't lying when she said she had money problem's, i've somewhat known her a while now to know she really has troubles on cash, others may call me a fool, but man, least im the fool who helped a person i know in need

id probably not help her if i didn't know her well though, or knew she was lying <.>

11 hours ago, XII360 said:

i mean, that's just how i am, getting used sucks, but you get used to it <.>

sides, she clearly wasn't lying when she said she had money problem's, i've somewhat known her a while now to know she really has troubles on cash, others may call me a fool, but man, least im the fool who helped a person i know in need

id probably not help her if i didn't know her well though, or knew she was lying <.>

You're still a better person than me. haha

I guess just be careful as some people can get really dependent on you.

I had co-workers in the past who kept borrowing money from me because I lent them money in the past. 

They think I'm always available to give money. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

You're still a better person than me. haha

I guess just be careful as some people can get really dependent on you.

I had co-workers in the past who kept borrowing money from me because I lent them money in the past. 

They think I'm always available to give money. 

The way I view the whole borrowing money concept is don't do it. Money ins't something to be borrowed its a tool not a item. Now in my case it dose not mean I won't help peeople, but I typically offer to buy whatever they need it for if its reasonable in exchange for something they buy me in return. This builds trust and quickly weeds out the abusers of said practice as those that are continuing to keep asking clearly won't come back if money is all they are after.

• Agree 1

Money is obviously important, we need it for everything. But me, I came into this world naked, no pockets no money, and that's how I'll leave it as well.

I live with my parents, and while I do pay rent, I still end up with a healthy amount of expendable income. But I am really good at saving my money though. I don't go out much, and I don't drink. 

As for letting people borrow money, I try to avoid that as much as possible. I've been burned enough times to not want to deal with that anymore.

With all that being said, when I do go out, I'm usually buying drinks for other people. I am a fucking idiot whem it comes to money, and especially women. I was happy when I started getting my checks direct deposited. I use my debit card to pump gas, and that's it. I try to only carry the cash that I think I'll need, maybe a tad more just in case, just because I know myself.

Geez @XII360, what a great topic!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nono said:

With all that being said, when I do go out, I'm usually buying drinks for other people. I am a fucking idiot whem it comes to money, and especially women. I was happy when I started getting my checks direct deposited. I use my debit card to pump gas, and that's it. I try to only carry the cash that I think I'll need, maybe a tad more just in case, just because I know myself.

i semi understand this bolded part here, though as much as possible, i avoid the use of cash to woe- a girl

though, rather than cash upfront like a hoe, we can go grab a drink, and maybe netflix and chill and celebrate stuff i feel is needed to be celebrated <.>

8 hours ago, Nono said:

effects of being bored totally not bored, and/or staring at the monitor for 10 minutes man >.< 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 9:38 AM, XII360 said:

i mean, i kind of understand what you mean on struggle part, im not rich myself, and i cant afford things i want, but i also can semi afford them ?

No. That's not struggle.

If you still can afford something you want you don't understand true struggle. When you must choose between needs like rent OR food. That's struggle. If you don't have enough money to pay bills and have to go to plasma centers just to make rent knowing you normally use plasma money just to BUY groceries or try to save up money because you make very little at your job. That. Is. Struggle.

Food banks, clothing closets, avoiding hospitals when you're sick because your not covered or your coverage wasn't enough and you have to make up the difference in the bill, working such long hours your at work 90% of the time versus the roof your paying for. Dealing constantly with morality vs survival situations because you realize it's impossible to be a nice guy below the poverty line AND provide for your family while doing so.

You get to see what type of person you are, have or would become. You get see people for who they truly are. People who measure you by what they're capable of taking from you. When you realize you were apart of a working class and lose your job and now looked at like the lowest form in society.

There  are no good people. Just people. That's it. See how "good" people are under extreme circumstances. See how much people are willing to help stranger's at the cost of themselves or loved ones.

I've been pushed so far into struggle I've found out things about myself I'd rather not know. You do things to survive even at the cost of others. Its incredibly easy to judge a person if you're in a better position than them. Its easier to take the high road when not your forced into risk. Many don't have that luxury. They must do what they can  to survive even at the cost of morality or other people. 

16 hours ago, Nono said:

Money is obviously important, we need it for everything. But me, I came into this world naked, no pockets no money, and that's how I'll leave it as well.

I live with my parents, and while I do pay rent, I still end up with a healthy amount of expendable income. But I am really good at saving my money though. I don't go out much, and I don't drink. 

As for letting people borrow money, I try to avoid that as much as possible. I've been burned enough times to not want to deal with that anymore.

Sounds like you got a pretty good and reliable system from what I just read. I go to a lot of conventions which dose cost a good amount yes but I do not spend to much at each individual event so therefore its worth it for me. I do not really go out and party either so much.

• Like 1

Many years ago I just saved most of it, helped my family out with most of what I didn't save, and anything extra after that I spent on fun things. I did a lot of target shooting which isnt exactly the cheapest hobby so most of my self-given allowance went there.

Then starting a few years ago lots of severe medical issues happened, and I had to devote most of my money to that. I had health insurance but they deemed most everything as "not medically necessary". I mean, I guess technically speaking me being alive is in fact not necessary, but I am also pretty sure the whole point of healthcare is to avoid that... Either way, I ended up going near broke because they wouldnt pay for the procedures and treatments I need. In the end I got on a state funded healthcare program that covers almost all the expenses because I could not possibly keep up with the medical bills.

Now I spend most my money helping my family I live with. I am sort of self conscious about spending any on myself now that I'm in that healthcare program and try to avoid doing so. 

Edited by SanguineTear
  • Sad 1

For me, I could really care less about money. As @ArchieKun said, it is important for the cage we live in, which has been around for so long that people think it is the real world.

Because of that fact, I try not to really help people too much, if money is the solution to a particular problem, to make sure I have enough to get by.

• Agree 1

On 1/19/2019 at 3:17 AM, Crevanille said:

No. That's not struggle.

If you still can afford something you want you don't understand true struggle. When you must choose between needs like rent OR food. That's struggle. If you don't have enough money to pay bills and have to go to plasma centers just to make rent knowing you normally use plasma money just to BUY groceries or try to save up money because you make very little at your job. That. Is. Struggle.

that's what i meant that i can afford some stuff but cant, its because i choose my "wants" than "needs", that is, not consuming food in duty hours, and cycling/walking to work to save cash to buy "wants"

and when i mean i can afford my "wants", i dont mean all of them, i want a "dakimakura", a jacket(danganronpa one), and kankolle hat, and i've wanted one since last year, but i've yet to buy them, why ?, couse i have other expenses i need to accommodate first, and never found the free cash to distribute to them

lets face it, dakimakura's are expensive as sh*t, fifty USD just for a body pillow ? i bought gifts worth 30$ and that'll bring me more joy than a body pillow smh

Food banks, clothing closets, avoiding hospitals when you're sick because your not covered or your coverage wasn't enough and you have to make up the difference in the bill, working such long hours your at work 90% of the time versus the roof your paying for. Dealing constantly with morality vs survival situations because you realize it's impossible to be a nice guy below the poverty line AND provide for your family while doing so.

i can understand this so well, as previously stated above, or quote one i did, i go "fasting" just to earn cash, i dont understand avoiding hospital part...couse well, i mean i currently work in one, so i can sort of do test's on myself and have it diagnosed by a doctor for free

and i so understand what you mean by not staying in the roof you pay, couse yknow, working in a hospital doesn't exactly give me the privilege to have a rest day, even if its say, new years eve, or christmas eve, i HAVE to go to hospital, rather than spending time with family and such

You get to see what type of person you are, have or would become. You get see people for who they truly are. People who measure you by what they're capable of taking from you. When you realize you were apart of a working class and lose your job and now looked at like the lowest form in society.

There are no good people. Just people. That's it. See how "good" people are under extreme circumstances. See how much people are willing to help stranger's at the cost of themselves or loved ones.

under pressure, its pretty much called being toxic, and when that person is toxic, its best to leave them alone for now, and let them think of a way to fix their own problems first, you cant expect everyone to help you first, when they have something on their plate already

i will also have to disagree with you on "there being no good people", there are good people, its just how we view that person, you may see one guy as evil/uncaring, while others view him as a nice caring person who is intellectual and such

but we have to remember that, everyone has to watch their own backs too, would you give people who are begging on the streets food, or buy yourself lunch ?, id buy myself lunch, but there are other stuff i want that i cant afford, and have to starve a bit just to obtain, i can after all eat in the house when i get home, so starving a bit wont hurt me, at worse ill get ulcer, which will just heal up in a few days of properly digesting food

I've been pushed so far into struggle I've found out things about myself I'd rather not know. You do things to survive even at the cost of others. Its incredibly easy to judge a person if you're in a better position than them. Its easier to take the high road when not your forced into risk. Many don't have that luxury. They must do what they can  to survive even at the cost of morality or other people. 

looks like you've been through allot too, but then again, everyone has went through allot, and i can respect that, some just have it allot worse, while others have it easier

i mean, my recent purchase online costed me, 36eur's, or 41$, but heres a fun fact, that puchase was mostly "keychains" and gifts, personalized keychains, none of it was for me, i didn't even get a single sh*t from it, it was all for my partners/colleagues in hospital, and my best friend/classmate one, and how much is my food expense ? 2usd, i have to avoid buying food for a month just to cover up that expense

but it doesn't matter, i got to see their smiles and thank's, so i find it worthy, sure i wont eat a while, but thats just life for you, my body isn't so weak that id submit to mere hunger anyway

aslong as i have water, ill be fine~, and there's lots of food in the house for me to eat when i get home, just need to fry eggs and i good~

On 1/19/2019 at 8:46 PM, brycec said:

For me, I could really care less about money. As @ArchieKun said, it is important for the cage we live in, which has been around for so long that people think it is the real world.

Because of that fact, I try not to really help people too much, if money is the solution to a particular problem, to make sure I have enough to get by.

Its nice to have a nest egg in the bowl so to speak but it only ever needs to be a little extra not sp much that it is hording or whatnot.

• Agree 1

On January 18, 2019 at 12:17 PM, Crevanille said:

No. That's not struggle.

There  are no good people. Just people. That's it. See how "good" people are under extreme circumstances. See how much people are willing to help stranger's at the cost of themselves or loved ones.

Question, which obviously you don't have to answer, how did you get to this point?

On 1/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, XII360 said:

that's what i meant that i can afford some stuff but cant, its because i choose my "wants" than "needs", that is, not consuming food in duty hours, and cycling/walking to work to save cash to buy "wants"

My point right here. Your fortunate enough that your able to choose. If you have an option of choosing your not that bad off. Most people don't even have that. The fact that you can even have an option of being able to choose is remarkable. Many people make enough to only pay rent. They don't have enough money to choose between the wants and needs. Sure you have a few people who make poor decisions or manage money poorly. However then you have those that looked at their budget by the end of the day and said "i'm gonna have to choose between the rent or my food." Buying pleasure items doesn't even register to them at this point. They can't afford it.

On 1/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, XII360 said:

there are good people, its just how we view that person, you may see one guy as evil/uncaring, while others view him as a nice caring person who is intellectual and such

but we have to remember that, everyone has to watch their own backs too, would you give people who are begging on the streets food, or buy yourself lunch ?

I've done that actually. At the cost of my own gut going hungry. That doesn't make me a good person. It just make me a naive moron. As far as groveling is concerned, if that person isn't trying to help themselves i'd be less inclined to help unless i'm sure they're putting forth the effort themselves. Even then, i find groveling very disconcerting.

Evil and good are terminologies we use to define specific traits. Before humankind the concept of evil and good was never even a thought. Both terms are relative. When i say people are people i mean at the end of the day, everyone is simple the same. EVERYONE looks out for themselves. "As long as i get mine" mentality. We as people will talk and chat and empathize every once in awhile with people we get to know or care about. But ultimately you don't think much of another stranger's struggle unless it affects you directly. You don't think of what that stranger's going through, what they're dreams and hopes are. Or were. At the end of the day you go about your business, uncaring of the folks around you. After all you don't know them. So what? "At least i got mine...."

That mentality disturbs the hell outta me. There are good people but "everyone's out for themselves"? That just doesn't make sense to me.

16 hours ago, Nono said:

Question, which obviously you don't have to answer, how did you get to this point?

I grew up in poverty is all. I'm not a drunk. I don't have a criminal record. I don't have kids. I graduated high school. I simple struggle. That's all there is to it. Some people struggle more than others. It can't be helped.

• Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...