What do you think about bakemonogatari?

Amyneru

11 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

I haven't seen it yet because there are so many of them? I don't even know where to start.

Are they sequels? Prequels? Spin offs? I'm just confused. Maybe someone can elaborate?

There are several ways to watch the Monogatari series. Either by book release order, anime release order and chronological (though, this one's definitely not recommended for new watchers). Personally, I recommend the book order, though many say that you should watch it in the anime order, but only a few things change. (For more info, you can read here)

To start, I'd say: Bake > Kizu (all 3 movies) > Nise > Neko Kuro (Black). Then you can proceed mostly with the anime order. The biggest and most significant difference is that you watch the Kizumonogataru movies after Bake, instead of them being the last to watch.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:57 AM, Amyneru said:

I think it is overrated.

The animation is cool and distinguished, but the plot is kind of lame in my opinion. 

Resultado de imagen para monogatari gif

So, why exactly? I mean, it definitely hasn't the strongest monogatari plot, but I'd say it's still decent. I think it's clear that Nisiosin put more focus on the banter and character interaction in all the novels that were released before the first anime adoption (Since he thought that they wouldn't even get adapted, and he didn't even plan to publish the novels at first) - not that he put less effort in the dialogue afterwards!

• Informative 1

Haven't seen it, but given that it dose not have good of plot it dose not interest me to much. I did look into it on their wiki, and I am personally not to impressed. Though I do think its ok for people newer to anime, or those that are out for a good show on raw animation toques. Though art and animation are in fact a big deal for me the plot is a bit more important as that is well the story. Kinda makes, or brakes it for me in most cases.