What Manga Are You Reading Now?

Geano

I read Horimiya, i ve watched anime series before but i was sure that story cant be that short so that was right, there are a lot of stuff that u will not see just watching the anime series:) i suggest reading and watching that if u have not yet, that is so nice 

• Like 2

Going to start reading the first 2 volumes of Eighty-Six soon. If not tomorrow, perhaps the around the beginning of next week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

I recently finished Chibi Vampire (1). I can't read (2) yet tho bc some bugger at my school won't return it to the school library

I swear, ppl never return the books/manga I want to read 😑

Your school library has manga? 😀  When I was at school the library only had encyclopedias, history books, text books and similar research and reference books.  😱  When I attended college on a day-release scheme from work the library there had a decent collection of Sc-Fi novels, but no graphic novels, comics or similar reading matter.  ☹️

Come to think of it, the only thing I gained from attending college was a love of reading Sci-Fi.  I totally failed the exams I took, which wasn't a surprise as I was only there for six months  and missed the first half of the courses. After that I was too old for the day-release scheme.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 4:03 PM, Animedragon said:

Your school library has manga?

my school also has a pretty moderate manga collection ranging from boarding school Juliet to goblin slayer. I think there is almost all of the one piece manga. even I was surprised when I saw manga in the school library.

• Like 3

On 8/20/2022 at 6:03 AM, Animedragon said:

Your school library has manga? 😀  When I was at school the library only had encyclopedias, history books, text books and similar research and reference books.  😱  When I attended college on a day-release scheme from work the library there had a decent collection of Sc-Fi novels, but no graphic novels, comics or similar reading matter.  ☹️

Come to think of it, the only thing I gained from attending college was a love of reading Sci-Fi.  I totally failed the exams I took, which wasn't a surprise as I was only there for six months  and missed the first half of the courses. After that I was too old for the day-release scheme.

Yeah, I was shocked when I found out

My primary school didn't so I was really excited

It also has all that boring stuff too lmao

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, lsdfairy said:

I’m currently not reading anything because I just finished the Junji Ito collection so if anyone would be kind enough to suggest any manga to me. 

Alice 19th by Yu Watase is good. The basic premise is that words have real power, as Alice finds out when she wishes her older sister would disappear.

Don't be fooled by the tone of the early chapters, the story gets darker as it progresses.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Alice 19th by Yu Watase is good. The basic premise is that words have real power, as Alice finds out when she wishes her older sister would disappear.

Don't be fooled by the tone of the early chapters, the story gets darker as it progresses.

thank you so much, sounds interesting. where do you read this manga?

14 minutes ago, lsdfairy said:

thank you so much, sounds interesting. where do you read this manga?

I've got it in hard copy, it's published by Viz.

It looks like there's a few places where you can read it on-line, Googling "Alice 19th" should find them.

• Aww 1

50 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

I've got it in hard copy, it's published by Viz.

It looks like there's a few places where you can read it on-line, Googling "Alice 19th" should find them.

I truly enjoy reading manga on book so i’m going to check out where i can buy it. Thank you!

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Hoshi no koe / Voices of a distant star.  Which is slightly unusual as it's a manga based on an anime rather than the other way round.

It's only one volume of 230 pages, but it's a really good story. I read the whole thing in one sitting because I just couldn't put it down.

• Like 1