New to the forum

Illusion of Terra

I was looking for a forum where you can talk about anime, but also about other things and that is active daily, when I stumbled upon this forum.

There's not much to say about me. I'm in my late twenties and have been watching anime for a long time now. I live in Europe, but am quite interested in US culture in general, probably because of TV shows I watched growing up. Kinda like a lot of people are interested in Japan because of anime.

I guess it's best if I just answer some questions you guys might have?

• Like 1

Hi there, and welcome to AF. We are very happy to have you here with us. Plenty to talk about here. Anime, gaming, and much more. If you ever need anything don't be afraid I don't bite. See you around the forums.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Thanks for the welcome :) I really like the design of your forum, very clean and serene

Your most welcome, and thank you. We customized it quite a bit though it is always evolving 

5 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I was looking for a forum where you can talk about anime, but also about other things and that is active daily, when I stumbled upon this forum.

There's not much to say about me. I'm in my late twenties and have been watching anime for a long time now. I live in Europe, but am quite interested in US culture in general, probably because of TV shows I watched growing up. Kinda like a lot of people are interested in Japan because of anime.

I guess it's best if I just answer some questions you guys might have?

Welcome to the forums I hope you enjoy your time here, I guess if I had a question it would be whats your top 3 favorite anime and why?

• Like 1

Thanks again for all the welcoming posts :) 

My 3 favorite anime, let's see.
I guess Dragon Ball because I watched it a lot growing up and it is a rather fun and easygoing story.

Even though controversial, I like Naruto a lot because of its balance between atmosphere and deeper topics.
Last but not least, Now and Then, Here and There; even though it might not be that popular in general, I thought Shu's optimism even in the face of war was quite inspiring.

• Like 2

Hello! I shall welcome you, though I am a new member here as well! I haven't been an active member of a social anime website in a while because I haven't felt like I had time. Alas, not being a part of a community makes life kinda lonesome, especially because I don't know anyone in real life who likes anime like me. *sad face* I have never heard of the third anime you mentioned and so I shall have to look it up, thanks! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rlly_riah said:

I have never heard of the third anime you mentioned and so I shall have to look it up, thanks! 

It's kinda hard to digest (not to spoil but

especially when it comes to sexual assault

, so proceed with caution - just a heads up.

Great to see that there are many active members here :)

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

It's kinda hard to digest (not to spoil but

Reveal hidden contents

especially when it comes to sexual assault

, so proceed with caution - just a heads up.

Great to see that there are many active members here :)

Is it one of those sad, messed up animes that's going to end with me having a twisted gut?? lol

8 minutes ago, rlly_riah said:

Is it one of those sad, messed up animes that's going to end with me having a twisted gut?? lol

Hard to say really. There are some really messed up scenes in it, but it is overall quite upbeat and positive (at least compared to the setting of war)

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Crevanille said:

I too am in my late 20's. Sucks being so old eh? Ha. We're old people. Dinosaurs. Sigh. So depressing.

Pft... babes.  Just wait until you're 54!  :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Pft... babes.  Just wait until you're 54!  :D

Gah. Your not kidding. I'm seriously not looking forward to getting older. The older i become the further away i get from my birth era. I don't want to understand how someone lives to like 70 or 80  without losing their minds. I really don't wanna live that long. -_-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crevanille said:

Gah. Your not kidding. I'm seriously not looking forward to getting older. The older i become the further away i get from my birth era. I don't want to understand how someone lives to like 70 or 80  without losing their minds. I really don't wanna live that long. -_-

We should just create a 90's city, where only people from that era can live - problem solved.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

That would be so freakin cool. Though I'd add the 80's kids since they're still kinda going into the 90's. They could appreciate the last best era being kids themselves. 

Edited by Crevanille
  • Like 1