What is your favorite drink?

Greeneyes

I am an avid tea drinker, and health food consumer.. oddly enough, as I do spend a lot of time being sedentary 🤣

Favie teas: PG tips black tea with milk (hot),

Iced black tea with vanilla, sugar and milk (Thai Iced tea), 

Golden milk (turmeric tea)

Spiced chai latte (can buy pre made powder mix)

Plain matcha, or matcha latte. Super expensive to buy and I just ran out 😞

And my most recent discovery oolong ☕️ 

Id love to visit a real tea shop or meet someone who makes their own tea from tea leaves.

• Like 1

I like water - like, really. I mostly drink water throughout the day and don't really understand when people say that it tastes like nothing...

Alternatively, I sometimes enjoy a cup of coffee in the afternoon after lunch. Coffee was once my go-to drink in the morning but stopped drinking it since caffeine doesn't really affect me that much in terms of waking up but would make me sweat a lot in the crowded train.... (apparently caffeine can lead to lots of sweating - didn't even know that for a long time)

And tea. I used to drink a lot of black tea and maté tea in the late aftertoon but know I drink any kind, fruit tea, green tea, chai latte, herb tea... however, I still favour good ol'  english breakfast and earl grey. Oh, and iced tea is really awesome during the hot season!

And, something my family does in summer, elderberry flower juice. We grow them in our backyard (though we could also just make a 20 min trip to a public space where they grow and get them there) and usually make our own juice, enough for half a year! Apart from that, I don't really like any kind of juice - they usually are just too sweet for me...

1 hour ago, leinwandname said:

And, something my family does in summer, elderberry flower juice. We grow them in our backyard (though we could also just make a 20 min trip to a public space where they grow and get them there) and usually make our own juice, enough for half a year!

I didn't know the English term for that fruit and heard it here for the first time. Elderberry sounds like something out of a game 😂 Like it will have some kind of aging effect on you when consumed

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I didn't know the English term for that fruit and heard it here for the first time. Elderberry sounds like something out of a game 😂 Like it will have some kind of aging effect on you when consumed

Also funny then that it has great health properties in dealing with the flu and common illnesses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seshi said:

Also funny then that it has great health properties in dealing with the flu and common illnesses.

A lot of teas, and fruit herbal teas have a lot of health properties too. I love fruit that dose that too though it sounds good.

I'm big on water too.  I always have a bottle with me, and with meals I always order ice water instead of a soda or something.  In the mornings I usually have a cup of coffee, and in the afternoons a cup or two of tea.  That's really all I drink.  Occasionally I'll have something carbonated like soda or beer with certain foods like pizza.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I'm big on water too.  I always have a bottle with me, and with meals I always order ice water instead of a soda or something.  In the mornings I usually have a cup of coffee, and in the afternoons a cup or two of tea.  That's really all I drink.  Occasionally I'll have something carbonated like soda or beer with certain foods like pizza.

Water is the stuff of life. I love water as well. Never understood how some people can not like it.

21 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

When I first heard the word 'Elderberry' (in this classic) I imagined it to be some epic RPG item. Like: "Go collect the elderberries from the mountain of Ancient Juiciness, so that we can enchant the blade of 'Thirst-Begone' with their mystical powers". Or something like the "Elder Wand", or"Elder Dragons" :D

• Funny 1

Am I the only degenerate who likes alcohol~?

I love red wine, a close second is Fireball whiskey~

Out of non-alcoholic things, coffee is my favorite and as for something to drink that actually hydrates me, just plain water~

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

16 hours ago, SanguineTear said:

Am I the only degenerate who likes alcohol~?

I love red wine, a close second is Fireball whiskey~

Out of non-alcoholic things, coffee is my favorite and as for something to drink that actually hydrates me, just plain water~

Adult drinks are alright though these days they hit quite a bit harder then they used to due to my weight loss. Though a good sunrise, or whiskey is good from time to time.

@ArchieKun It's a brand called Crystal Light that I drink. Has no sugar or a lot less of it than other drinks.  I used to be very addicted if you wanna call it that to juice and soda pop but now since I stopped  ( cold turkey ) for about 2 and a half years now with juice and soda pop a bit longer maybe 3 years I feel so much better and have more energy as well. I'm glad I don't drink those kinds of stuff no more. As for caffeine I never really was a coffee drinker ever in my life but I stopped that too and feel good without it as well. However I was a milk drinker most of my life but I only drink if I drink it now Almond or Silk milk.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, HanaApril said:

Crystal Ligh

I drink Crystal Light by the gallon its so good, and yes it is for the most part sugar free. I drink diet soda though normally at most 4 cans in a day, but normally 3. 

As I mentioned though my true addiction is barbel tea which isn't a bad one to have since its medicine, and shown to improve your health/life.

@ArchieKun That's cool you like it as well and I heard that diet soda is actually worse for you and not helpful at all. Though it's only what I heard so I don't know if it's 100% true. Hm.. I never heard of that drink before so that's nice it has benefits like that. I'm all about healthy living now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun That's cool you like it as well and I heard that diet soda is actually worse for you and not helpful at all. Though it's only what I heard so I don't know if it's 100% true. Hm.. I never heard of that drink before so that's nice it has benefits like that. I'm all about healthy living now. 

Honestly at least it is not fattening, or full of sugar which is proven to cause diabetic symtoms. There is no congregate proof of diet soda casing anything except weight loss due to the lack of sugar. The cancer that was found was caused in mice subjected to the equivalent of 40 bottles a day for a human. Mice have a different body internal structure and certainly react to things far quicker and differently than we do.  Of course there is no way to ensure that regular soda will cause diabetes either everyone handles that stuff differently.

The morel of the story is we all gotta just enjoy what we eat and drink and do it to get the results we care about.

• Like 1