Jump to content
Greeneyes

What is your favorite drink?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, HanaApril said:

@ArchieKun That is true I agree. 

Plus it just tastes better to me than regular soda at least these days. Regular soda is filling too which is odd to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite drink would have to be rasberry lemonade. But if that isn't available I'm usually drinking root beer or tea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 6:18 PM, Kanamesensei said:

Coffee is my favorite drink

Coffee is life 😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ready4joy said:

Coffee is life 😊

Coffee is the drink of the gods without question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BleachKing96 said:

Monster energy

There's a vending machine right across the hall from my office that has that stuff.  I tried it once.. made my eyeballs buzz. ( 📳 📳 )  I'll stick to coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Honestly at least it is not fattening, or full of sugar which is proven to cause diabetic symtoms. There is no congregate proof of diet soda casing anything except weight loss due to the lack of sugar. The cancer that was found was caused in mice subjected to the equivalent of 40 bottles a day for a human. Mice have a different body internal structure and certainly react to things far quicker and differently than we do.  Of course there is no way to ensure that regular soda will cause diabetes either everyone handles that stuff differently.

The morel of the story is we all gotta just enjoy what we eat and drink and do it to get the results we care about.

I would agree there. If you drink like you said 40 bottles a day, it absolutely can mess with you with severe side effects, same with any other thing with artificial sweetener. But regular soda in those quantities wouldn't be much better, and even water can straight up kill you if you drink too much too quickly due to electrolyte imbalances. Like most things, moderation is important.

That said I avoid diet soda like the plague because I think it tastes awful~

I do like plain Coke and Dr Pepper from time to time though, admittedly. They're far from good for you but... meh~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SanguineTear said:

I would agree there. If you drink like you said 40 bottles a day, it absolutely can mess with you with severe side effects, same with any other thing with artificial sweetener. But regular soda in those quantities wouldn't be much better, and even water can straight up kill you if you drink too much too quickly due to electrolyte imbalances. Like most things, moderation is important.

That said I avoid diet soda like the plague because I think it tastes awful~

I do like plain Coke and Dr Pepper from time to time though, admittedly. They're far from good for you but... meh~

True be that. Its all about moderation can't, or shouldn't have to much of a good thing. To much of anything isn't doing yourself any favors. In the case of water yah you can literally get water poisoning from a gallon or more water per day. Now thats amusing you are on a resting metabolism, and aren't working out, or in a dehydrating place. Though under most normal conditions a gallon, or more is certainly toxic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to add that I used to really love milk, Mountain Dew, apple juice, and orange juice a lot. ( Obsessively I can admit ) However doing research and seeing after a while of drinking those kinds of drinks it took a toll on my health and body then also made me feel sick a lot. So like I said before on here I quit cold turkey on all those drinks including caffeine. I do however drink very little like once in a blue moon orange juice as a treat but I try to find the less sugar one and only drink a little of that. 

My advice and you can take it or not it's your choice. But if you ever start feeling sick, have headcases or really tried of drinking sugary or caffeinated drinks I recommend to cut back on it a little and drink less of it for a while from now on. It will be hard trust me I know but it will help you a lot, I think. Honestly I would  just stop period and find something else as an alternative of something you enjoy and like drinking Again this is all my feelings and my opinion on the matter so you can listen or not again all your choice. Though I would hate to see someone go through what I did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HanaApril said:

I wanted to add that I used to really love milk, Mountain Dew, apple juice, and orange juice a lot

Milk, and Juice is good for you depending on the brand, and sugar content of course. MD is good on occasion though these days its to damn sweet for me personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mostly drink kool aid or water, but I like sodas, mainly sprite and root beer, and hot chocolate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brycec said:

I mostly drink kool aid or water, but I like sodas, mainly sprite and root beer, and hot chocolate.

Hot coco is the best especially with a bit of cinnamon, and ginger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good ol water for me(preferably Ozarka). It just tastes so good nowadays. It's been a long time since I've had a carbonated beverage. I really don't remember at all. What I do remember though, is that sprite was my shiznit growing up.

They recently upgraded the coffee machine at work, so lately I've been mixing in a daily cup of green tea, sometimes I'll add some natural honey to it, it's pretty awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nono said:

They recently upgraded the coffee machine at work, so lately I've been mixing in a daily cup of green tea, sometimes I'll add some natural honey to it, it's pretty awesome.

Being a work machine where supplies are provided for you this may not be an option, but if it is I highly suggest raw honey when mixing with tea. It has the most natural sugars without anything added because honey itself is a natural perspective on its own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even know there was something such as non-raw honey. I've never seen honey that had anything added to it extra. I can taste a difference between honey that I buy in the store and honey I get from someone who has his own bees, but it is not THAT different when it comes to taste.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I didn't even know there was something such as non-raw honey. I've never seen honey that had anything added to it extra. I can taste a difference between honey that I buy in the store and honey I get from someone who has his own bees, but it is not THAT different when it comes to taste.

It can be tough to tell by taste alone, but if you check the labels on each bottle. I am not 100% sure on brands, but I do know that actual honey tends to be darker in color also a bit more pricey. Best to do a little research. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

It can be tough to tell by taste alone, but if you check the labels on each bottle. I am not 100% sure on brands, but I do know that actual honey tends to be darker in color also a bit more pricey. Best to do a little research. 

Yeah the honey I get from the person owning his bees is darker in color but I am not sure exactly why. I know that commercially available honey is a mix of honey from bees of many different hives almost all over the world to guarantee that the taste almost always stays the same. Best thing is to make your own but who has the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Yeah the honey I get from the person owning his bees is darker in color but I am not sure exactly why. I know that commercially available honey is a mix of honey from bees of many different hives almost all over the world to guarantee that the taste almost always stays the same. Best thing is to make your own but who has the time

If you get honey directly from a bee keeper then your golden pun defiantly intended. Thats the most natural way you can go. A lot of honey naught in tthe stores that is mass produced often has added sugars, or even corn syrup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Being a work machine where supplies are provided for you this may not be an option, but if it is I highly suggest raw honey when mixing with tea. It has the most natural sugars without anything added because honey itself is a natural perspective on its own.

Yeah, one of my coworkers brings a jar of some pretty good stuff.

image.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nono said:

Yeah, one of my coworkers brings a jar of some pretty good stuff.



You know it is funny we arre willing to possibly be stung to death by bees just to get a fee drops of sugar. That just tells you how determined, and crazy people really are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

You know it is funny we arre willing to possibly be stung to death by bees just to get a fee drops of sugar. That just tells you how determined, and crazy people really are.

Not me, lol. Although I have thrown rocks at beehives just to haul ass and try to not get stung.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nono said:

Not me, lol. Although I have thrown rocks at beehives just to haul ass and try to not get stung.

Brave not safe, butt certainly brave.  Though apart from their honey there isn't much else to bother bees for at least for making things to add to your drinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ArchieKun Went to the store today and actually looked at the ingredients of a couple of honey brands.
Turns out they all are raw honey. It might be that if it is not raw honey they are not allowed to call it honey, because of EU regulations, which are usually quite strict when it comes to food. Anyway what most of them did say is that it is a mix of honey from many different hives.

But yeah getting honey from a local beekeeper is probably the best way to go, even though it is more expensive

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@ArchieKun Went to the store today and actually looked at the ingredients of a couple of honey brands.
Turns out they all are raw honey. It might be that if it is not raw honey they are not allowed to call it honey, because of EU regulations, which are usually quite strict when it comes to food. Anyway what most of them did say is that it is a mix of honey from many different hives.

But yeah getting honey from a local beekeeper is probably the best way to go, even though it is more expensive

Well that settles that. Its good they are strict on that stuff though makes it easier for the shopper plus its heather to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!
×
×
  • Create New...