Fan of romantic anime!

CypherCode

Hello there welcome to AF hope you have a great time here. We are a awesome, and friendly community always looking for new faces. :) If you have any questions, or just wanna chat feel free to let me, and see you around.

Thanks!

I would like to know if people in here uses discord or skype groups, I think those are a great way to build communitties on pair with forums!

Also, I would like to know what are the requirements to not need moderation on my messages, thats all. Thanks!

2 hours ago, CypherCode said:

Hello there, my name is Cypher.

Ive been looking for a community of anime for a long time, my favorite genres are Shojo, Romance and Soap Operas, Im a bit on the shy side so please treat me well!

If you have any questions, ask!

Hi Cypher nice to meet you.

Soap Opera? In anime? Can you give some recommendations? I'm just a bit curious. I know people who might watch a soap opera anime.

14 hours ago, CypherCode said:

Hello there, my name is Cypher.

Ive been looking for a community of anime for a long time, my favorite genres are Shojo, Romance and Soap Operas, Im a bit on the shy side so please treat me well!

If you have any questions, ask!

Hello Cypher, welcome to Anime Forums.
One romance anime I would recommend is Kotoura-San. It has comedy, lovely romance, and some supernatural aspects. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CypherCode said:

Best reccomendation I can give is, "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" or, "Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199"

Theres quite a bit more that I havent watched, sadly, they are on the older side and pretty difficult to find

Do you mean Space Opera....?

Welcome, Cypher. Hope you enjoy these forums as much as I do. 

Romance anime aren’t usually my thing but I enjoyed ReLIFE & Recoveryof an MMO Junkie recently.  Kobato too

For Space Operas, you might like Banner of the Stars if you haven’t seen it yet.

15 hours ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

Hi Cypher nice to meet you.

Soap Opera? In anime? Can you give some recommendations? I'm just a bit curious. I know people who might watch a soap opera anime.

Domestic Girlfriend is the closest I can think of :lol:

Edited by Ohiotaku

I will second @Ohiotaku's recommendation of Banner of the Stars. It is harem-free Space Opera at its best. Consider Crest of the Stars to be the prequel that lays the lore and foundation for the Banner series. The romance is believable, not rushed, and one of my personal favorites. And here I thought I'd be the only hardcore Space Opera fan in this forum forever. Message me if you ever want to chat about it or start up a thread.

thanks! those suggestions are pretty dope, I was actually looking for something to watch since I haven't watched anything too serious lately, I've been reading lots of manga and light novels.

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

I will second @Ohiotaku's recommendation of Banner of the Stars. It is harem-free Space Opera at its best. Consider Crest of the Stars to be the prequel that lays the lore and foundation for the Banner series. The romance is believable, not rushed, and one of my personal favorites. And here I thought I'd be the only hardcore Space Opera fan in this forum forever. Message me if you ever want to chat about it or start up a thread.

Thats fantastic! truly, Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the best thing I have seen (The original obviously) the new edition is... Okay... Character models look like the stereotypical bishounen, besides that everything else was pretty good

22 hours ago, CypherCode said:

I would like to know if people in here uses discord

There was some talk of an AF discord channel a while back, but I'm not sure what became of it.  I actually prefer the forum format though for general discussions, especially over things like skype.  I use discord for real-time stuff - during actual game play for instance - but using it as a forum replacement seems like it wastes too much time with chit-chat.  It also limits the people you can interact with due to the time zone effect.  I don't have time to just hang out in a chat room all day, and I'm not going to stay up all night just to talk with people on the other side of the world.  (Interesting as that might be.)  However, I do have time to jump in, read a bunch of stuff from yesterday or a couple days ago, post a quick reply, and then go on to deal with other things in my life.

21 minutes ago, Ryan Dave Jimenez said:

I think he did mean Space Opera. 

Sorry I really thought it was soap operas. haha (like Spanish soap operas) 

LOL!  You are probably the only other person I've met (albeit met online) that watches the Spanish soaps!  Back in the day when I watched them regularly, I could speak the language...  So much more interesting and dramatic than the American ones.  I always tell people to beware of those little Hispanic grandmas.  They look all nice and vulnerable and weak but...Granny's got a gun in her purse, and she's old enough not to care about jail time to use it!  xD

45 minutes ago, Beocat said:

LOL!  You are probably the only other person I've met (albeit met online) that watches the Spanish soaps!  Back in the day when I watched them regularly, I could speak the language...  So much more interesting and dramatic than the American ones.  I always tell people to beware of those little Hispanic grandmas.  They look all nice and vulnerable and weak but...Granny's got a gun in her purse, and she's old enough not to care about jail time to use it!  xD

• Winner 1

12 hours ago, efaardvark said:

There was some talk of an AF discord channel a while back, but I'm not sure what became of it.

I think what might be a kind of in-between solution, would be something like a shoutbox or what they are called. Like a little box on the right where you can either opt-in or not and see who is online (i.e. those who enabled it) and publicly talk. Don't know if people would be interested in that though.

Edited by Illusion of Terra